What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Whats the latest saga with Dykes ?

Go Nulla

Bench
sullyfan said:
All accounts are correct. One of the worst the NRL has ever seen.

Hey Sully ...whilst this bloke is not much chop, as a long time Sharks supporter he is not the worst the NRL has ever seen. Not even the worst the Sharks have seen and we've made some pretty awful recruitment decisions over the years.

wittyfan

Referee
White Poiner said:
Sully he did play in the match we won 64-14 against newcastle.

I could have played that day and the score would've been the same. :lol:

He's a permanent first division player at Manly. Enough said really.

beekershark

Bench
Adam met with the club at 11am today to "discuss" his future.

regardless of the outcome, and IM sure we'll hear about that in the next couple of days, can someone tell me how it is that, at our club, an NRL team, supposedly in the most professional league in the world for rugby league, that Dykes, our 5/8, found out he was starting the dragons semi final from the bench, through a team mate, during a stretching session, with a newspaper reporter present ???????

Mellor, who was pulled aside to be told he would be starting in the centres, asked how that would happen, considering Vagana had been there all year..........he was told nige was playing 5/8..........so he passed that bit of knowledge onto dykes, who untol now had no idea of that fact....

f**king joke.

That's right folks, our club is f**ked.

carcharias

Immortal
CRONULLA five-eighth Adam Dykes will begin pre-season training with the Sharks today but there are no guarantees the playmaker will see out the 2006 NRL season with the club.

Dykes met with Sharks CEO Steve Rogers and coach Stuart Raper yesterday to discuss his future with the side after declaring he wanted out of the club in September.

The playmaker was offered a release and was set to leave the club last month until talks with prospective clubs broke down.

"He will be here for the next two years unless he finds something else," Rogers said.

"That's entirely up to him." - Additional reporting James Phelps
http://foxsports.news.com.au/story/0,8659,17111575-23214,00.html

nothing new here

samshark said:
Ben Walker just resigned with Souths

Jye Mullane would be a better guess. Potential (according to some) and a mix of experience.

How long did he resign for, I actually rate this bloke and believe with a good preseason he can be a decent half.

carcharias

Immortal
Shark in hot water
By James Hooper
November 3, 2005

SHARKS five-eighth Adam Dykes was forced into asking the club for a release from the final two years of his contract because of financial difficulties.

The Daily Telegraph can reveal Dykes entered negotiations to switch to South Sydney last month in the hope of securing a more lucrative deal, easing hefty personal property portfolio commitments.

But the move backfired when the Rabbitohs pulled out of the arrangement after initially promising Dykes a starting halfback role.

Dykes, a Cronulla junior, approached the Sharks for a release after the shire outfit crashed out of finals contention in late September.

The move led to a raft of suggestions about a major falling out with captain Brett Kimmorley, but Dykes has scotched the rumours as hearsay.

"It's well known that I was in discussions with Souths however those talks ended up going nowhere and the whole thing is now finished," Dykes said.

"There has also been a lot of talk about me and other players but there are honestly no personal issues between me and anyone.

"I just want to get on with life and I'm looking forward to getting on with my football."

When Dykes linked with the Sharks at the start of last season after three years at Parramatta, the Eels continued to subsidise part of his contract.

http://foxsports.news.com.au/story/0,8659,17118988-23214,00.html

The Daily Telegraph can reveal Dykes entered negotiations to switch to South Sydney last month in the hope of securing a more lucrative deal, easing hefty personal property portfolio commitments.

- No but the above gave me a fair indication, he wasnt the only person who brought property's during the boom only to have there value drop, I've had two landlords in the last 5 years who brought up a few units and where lucky to keep there houses after they were forced to sell up.

Chondricthyes

Juniors
Oh thank God he is staying.
We get a guy that wants to leave
We get a guy the club doesn't want
we get a guy that has (apparently) massive off field distractions.

YYYIIIPPPEEEE

and its only costing us 150K+ which we could use on a guy or two who had none of these "advantages".

I appologise to any juniors we let go to keep this guy.

Thomo.

First Grade
i am happy. just hope things settle. and we can actually be a threat next year. cmon boys

DJDL

First Grade
So what happened to all the original talk of Dykes "not knowing" the club were trying to offload him?

MightySharks

Bench
Shark in hot water
By James Hooper
November 3, 2005

SHARKS five-eighth Adam Dykes was forced into asking the club for a release from the final two years of his contract because of financial difficulties.

But the move backfired when the Rabbitohs pulled out of the arrangement after initially promising Dykes a starting halfback role.

Dykes, a Cronulla junior, approached the Sharks for a release after the shire outfit crashed out of finals contention in late September.

The move led to a raft of suggestions about a major falling out with captain Brett Kimmorley, but Dykes has scotched the rumours as hearsay.

"It's well known that I was in discussions with Souths however those talks ended up going nowhere and the whole thing is now finished," Dykes said.

"There has also been a lot of talk about me and other players but there are honestly no personal issues between me and anyone.

"I just want to get on with life and I'm looking forward to getting on with my football."

When Dykes linked with the Sharks at the start of last season after three years at Parramatta, the Eels continued to subsidise part of his contract.

But with the 2006 season approaching, the Sharks will act as Dykes' sole employer and the five-eighth's income is understood to have lessened considerably.

Dykes is believed to have extensive property commitments that require a considerable cash flow.

In an effort to air any underlying issues about asking for a release, Dykes met Sharks chief executive Steve Rogers, coach Stuart Raper and his manager, George Mimis, at Sharks Leagues club on Tuesday.

"The meeting was as cordial as it had to be," Rogers said.

"As it turns out the window of opportunity Adam thought was there was gone. It's business as usual.

"It all came about as a result of Adam asking for a release."

South Sydney pulled out of the race for Dykes' signature, citing the retention of Ben and Shane Walker as a major reason.

The Rabbitohs claimed they were over the cap after coming to terms with the Walkers, meaning an offer they intended to make to Dykes failed to materialise.

Raper said the meeting with Dykes had resolved any differences. "We resolved a couple of issues, things were probably misconstrued a bit, some rumours brought about by someone manifesting the issued with Adam," Raper said.

The Daily Telegraph