What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Whats the latest saga with Dykes ?

Thomo.

First Grade
ali said:
On the positive, The Telegraph have signed Steve Mascord for 2006. Hopefully he'll become the chief writer and less column inches will go to idiots like Dean Richie.

who is this steve mascord bloke?

Go Nulla

Bench
Everything seems to have gone quite on the Dykes issues. Does anyone have any news to share on his movements next year ?

ali

Bench
Dread said:
Mascord is probably the leading RL writer out there. He's been writing high quality articles for years for the SMH.

Damn right. He's by far the best RL writer around. At least he has integrity, and knows more about Rugby League than just the NRL. I hope he gets a free reign at the Tele.

Go Nulla

Bench
Newly-promoted Castleford Tigers continue to strengthen their squad for 2006 with the capture of former Huddersfield Giants skipper Ben Roarty and former Widnes and St Helens centre Gray Viane.

Huddersfield released Roarty after a neck injury prematurely ended his 2005 campaign but he has had a subsequent operation to repair the damage and this proved a complete success.

A former Melbourne Storm and Penrith Panthers player, Roarty had lengthy experience in the NRL before switching to the Giants in 2003.

The back row forward’s leadership qualities won him the captaincy at Huddersfield and his signing is likely to complete the Tigers forwards compliment for the 2006 season.

The Australian will fill the second place on the Tigers overseas quota and has signed a one-year deal.

Looks like Dykes isn't going to Castleford .........

ali

Bench
Why would we want to get rid of him now anyway? The only reason i could see is if we had a better player ready to come straight in and replace him.

Frenzy.

Post Whore
Go Nulla said:
Newly-promoted Castleford Tigers continue to strengthen their squad for 2006 with the capture of former Huddersfield Giants skipper Ben Roarty and former Widnes and St Helens centre Gray Viane.

Huddersfield released Roarty after a neck injury prematurely ended his 2005 campaign but he has had a subsequent operation to repair the damage and this proved a complete success.

A former Melbourne Storm and Penrith Panthers player, Roarty had lengthy experience in the NRL before switching to the Giants in 2003.

The back row forward’s leadership qualities won him the captaincy at Huddersfield and his signing is likely to complete the Tigers forwards compliment for the 2006 season.

The Australian will fill the second place on the Tigers overseas quota and has signed a one-year deal.

Looks like Dykes isn't going to Castleford .........

I think Viane is Kolpak. Roarty, Nutley and Dyer (Penrith) are their only NRL signings that are not Kolpak and there's a chance Nutley holds a British passport.

I think they still have a quota spot left.

chuckaneppy

Juniors
Frenzy. said:
I think Viane is Kolpak. Roarty, Nutley and Dyer (Penrith) are their only NRL signings that are not Kolpak and there's a chance Nutley holds a British passport.

I think they still have a quota spot left.

I'm a Cas fan & that is correct, we still have 1 quota spot left. Nutley and Roarta are the two quota players that we have, all the rest that we have sign from Oz - Manu, Fa'so, Dyer - plus Viane are non quota players.

The remaining spot is earmarked for a half back and the main name in the frame over here continues to be Dykes. We were told last Thursday that the club is contuining negotiations with an NRL half back and that they hoped to be making an announcement in the 'next few days'.

The Dykes saga has dragged on an awful long time though do whether we will finish up signing him, who knows. The Manu and Fa'so signings were totally out of the blue after we other names had been touted, therefore we could easily finish up with someone totally different.

If you guys have heard anything else regarding Dykes I, and I am sure most other Cas fans over here, would love to know.

Would Castleford be playing a smart game as looking for a halfback and seeing what the contracts and payments of Dykes and Michael Monaghan from manly are worth, they might try getting him and using Dykes as bargaining tool, i wouldnt mind us signing Monaghan from manly if Dykes goes to Castleford, Monaghan might be a very good 5/8

He plays with heart, and plenty of it, his role at cronulla playing 5/8, is not a traditional 5/8's role, as we have seen with Noddy, and we also be a good back up should Noddy be injured

Latest posts