What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

When are NRL teams going to get serious about their sponsors?

Moffo

Referee
TheEelsFanatic said:
Moffo do some more reasearch before u start something like this, i dont think this can be argued effectively without the numbers

i have actually eels, you are missing my point

El Diablo

Post Whore
Moffo said:
LG are a huge company.

Look El, I'm not privvy to every single deal

But use your noggin for a minute. The bigger companies are better for two reasons

1.) They'll pay more
2.) They bring more credibility to a club

Tell me i'm wrong about either of those points

You're wrong unless you can provide some evidence they're willing to pay more than some current sponsors you seem unhappy with.

All I can say is thank christ you're not running any clubs.

Moffo

Referee
El Diablo said:
You're wrong unless you can provide some evidence they're willing to pay more than some current sponsors you seem unhappy with.

Sorry El, give me a better reply than that.

Tell me that my logic in that previous post that had 2 reasons why bigger companies are better is incorrect

Moffo

Referee
El Diablo said:
you have not provided any numbers

where did i say i had numbers?

This is a discussion based on common logic. If you can't deal with it then please, look somewhere else

c_eagle

Juniors
Btw, Citibank used to sponsor Norths. That deal was pretty paltry compared to what the clubs are getting today.

Moffo

Referee
c_eagle said:
Btw, Citibank used to sponsor Norths. That deal was pretty paltry compared to what the clubs are getting today.

citibank are the biggest bank in the world

I think that NRL clubs are in a better position to drive a harder bargain than they were 10 years ago

Moffo

Referee
El Diablo said:

Thank Christ I don't have to work with minds such as yours on a day to day basis!

Moffo

Referee
to be honest el ive got a business degree majoring in sports management so i think im at least qualified to offer the opinion that i presented above

El Diablo

Post Whore
Moffo said:
to be honest el ive got a business degree majoring in sports management so i think im at least qualified to offer the opinion that i presented above

so would you care to tell us what the clubs that have done well in terms of sponsorship pull in compared to the ones that are pathetic?

Does Toyota pay more the Mortage House?

Moffo

Referee
El Diablo said:
so would you care to tell us what the clubs that have done well in terms of sponsorship pull in compared to the ones that are pathetic?

Does Toyota pay more the Mortage House?

its not what im arguing El...

All I am saying is that logically, the bigger companies are going to be in a position to pay more and in addition, bring more credibility to a club

If you can't see that, well, what can I do?

Its no surprise that the bigger clubs in general have better sponsors. But that said, given the currently publicity given to the NRL, all clubs should be striving for something a bit better

Latest posts