What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

When are NRL teams going to get serious about their sponsors?

El Diablo

Post Whore
Why will they pay more?

Toyota aren't going to fork out more money than they think it's worth just because they can.

A lesser known company may see more value in sponsoring a club as it gets their name in the headlines.

How many people had heard of JFTA until they started sponsoring the Tigers?

RABK

Referee
What a hopeless thread.

Coal and Allied are a division of one of the worlds largest company's Rio Tinto.

The Knights are also sponsored by about 500 local businesses and 50 or so major company's including VB, EAS, Telstra, The Herald etc etc....

Moffo

Referee
Red and Blue Knight said:
What a hopeless thread.

Coal and Allied are a division of one of the worlds largest company's Rio Tinto.

They are also sponsored by about 500 local businesses and 50 or so major company's including VB, EAS, Telstra, The Herald etc etc....

to have your name associated with a club means bugger all. You've got to want to fork the money out

do you know the exact nature of the deal with Coal and Allied? hmmm

Moffo

Referee
El Diablo said:
Why will they pay more?

Toyota aren't going to fork out more money than they think it's worth just because they can.

A lesser known company may see more value in sponsoring a club as it gets their name in the headlines.

How many people had heard of JFTA until they started sponsoring the Tigers?

I said they are in a position to fork out more. A company that makes $10bn a year vs a company that makes $10m. Who do you think is more likely to pump out the million dollars?

Please El, stop trying to twist what im saying

RABK

Referee
Moffo said:
to have your name associated with a club means bugger all. You've got to want to fork the money out

do you know the exact nature of the deal with Coal and Allied? hmmm

Yes i do.

Ross Cadell, the clubs Sales and Sponsorship Manager is one of my best friends. I know the exact worth of the deal and it's the 2nd largest major sponsorship in the NRL.

El Diablo

Post Whore
Moffo said:
I said they are in a position to fork out more. A company that makes $10bn a year vs a company that makes $10m. Who do you think is more likely to pump out the million dollars?

Please El, stop trying to twist what im saying

I'm not

You claim certain clubs sponsors are pathetic. Surely you're only saying that because you think they're getting less money in sponsorship than other clubs that you claim have "done well"?

Kiwi

First Grade
Moffo said:
Parramatta - Pirtek. For one of Sydney's biggest teams...Pirtek? The best they can do? Surely not

I would hardly say the company that is well off enough to have their name all over back to back V8 Supercar champion Marcus Ambrose's "PIRTEK" number 1 Falcon is a nuffie sponsor.

MrSharky

Juniors
Kiwi said:
I would hardly say the company that is well off enough to have their name all over back to back V8 Supercar champion Marcus Ambrose's "PIRTEK" number 1 Falcon is a nuffie sponsor.

They aren't sponsors or corporate partners.

They're suppliers to his team...

Completely different.

icon6.gif

Kiwi

First Grade
MrSharky said:
They aren't sponsors or corporate partners.

They're suppliers to his team...

Completely different.

icon6.gif

Really so they pay nothing to get their name all over the car? They pay nothing to have so much sposorship over the car it's listed and refered to as the Pirtek Falcon?

I guess Super Cheap Auto don't sponser a team either, neither does BOC, or any of the other names on the cars.:roll:

They are a sponsor.

Cockadoodledoo

First Grade
El Diablo said:
You have no idea who's paying what. How can you call anything a dicky deal?

You're happy with the Sharks being sponsored by LG although LG sell cheap sh*t gear?

LG was formerly Goldstar.

Half right.. It was a merger of 2 companies, Lucky and Goldstar, hence LG. In any event their reputation is far greater than the one Goldstar had, as is the quality of its products.. Just because Goldstar peddled cheap electrical gear 15 years ago doesn't mean they are doing the same now.

MrSharky

Juniors
El Diablo said:

Kiwi said:
Really so they pay nothing to get their name all over the car? They pay nothing to have so much sposorship over the car it's listed and and refered to as the Pirtek Falcon?

They are a sponsor.

Well yeah, techinically they are sponsors...

But they are suppliers rather than corporate partners.

What they pay, is their own products to the team... I doubt there's cash involved.

The other possibility is that Pirtek owns the team...

icon6.gif

Kiwi

First Grade
MrSharky said:
Well yeah, techinically they are sponsors...

But they are suppliers rather than corporate partners.

What they pay, is their own products to the team... I doubt there's cash involved.

The other possibility is that Pirtek owns the team...

icon6.gif

Like I said stick to league. SBR or Stone Brothers Racing is owned and operated by you guessed it...the Stone Brothers. They are a sponsor you are wrong end of story.

Cockadoodledoo

First Grade
Red and Blue Knight said:
Yes i do.

Ross Cadell, the clubs Sales and Sponsorship Manager is one of my best friends. I know the exact worth of the deal and it's the 2nd largest major sponsorship in the NRL.

I would imagine Ross Cadell would prefer you not to name drop as I am sure the sponsorship deal is confidential.. I have doubts as to whether it would be the number 2 deal as the exact value of other clubs sponsorship deals is not something that is broadcast.

MrSharky

Juniors
Really now?

I am just about the biggest Formula 1 fan on the planet so just so you know.. so I do know a bit about how motorsport agencies are run...

icon6.gif

Mr. Fahrenheit

Referee
Moffo mate, while u may have a point there is no way u can argue it with out the numbers especially when red and blue knight has the stats

Kiwi

First Grade
MrSharky said:
Really now?

I am just about the biggest Formula 1 fan on the planet just so you know.. so I do know a bit about how motorsport agencies are run...

It's you who has no clue, I mean:

WTF is BOC?... It's Bosch... :roll:

icon6.gif

Dickhead leave now

http://www.teamboc.com.au/index.aspx

TEAM BOC

Brad Jones Racing

Go back to F1 nancy boy

Latest posts