What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

When did you start to support the Eels?

How old were you when you started supporting?

• Total voters

Dav3

Juniors
Started in 1999 .. im 17 years old now

anyone good at maths? lol

8 years ..

jeez imagine if u started supporting them in 1987 or 1988 .. 20 years without a premiership .. id give up lol

Gronk

Staff member
Dav3 said:
Started in 1999 .. im 17 years old now

anyone good at maths? lol

8 years ..

jeez imagine if u started supporting them in 1987 or 1988 .. 20 years without a premiership .. id give up lol

Hey ! Watch it punk.:x

I been an Eels man since 1969.

All good really. I don't have issues from all those dark years. :sarcasm:

Dav3

Juniors
Gronk said:
Hey ! Watch it punk.:x

I been an Eels man since 1969.

All good really. I don't have issues from all those dark years. :sarcasm:

lol don't feel sorry for urself

u've seen four premierships - i've seen us losE to the dogs in 1999, knights in 2001, cowboys 2005

AND WE WILL BOTH WATCH US WIN THE PREMIERSHIP IN 2007 :D :D :D

ParraDude_Jay

First Grade
I was born an Eel really because my Mum has supported them all her life and she made me into one but I was probably 8 or 9 before I had any idea of what was going on.

parra_jesus

Juniors
since i can remember , both my grandparents and uncles have follow the mighty eels all their life. so its in my blood. cut me open and i bleed blue and yellow !

Parra Guru

Coach
<UPtheEELS> said:
I grew up in an EELS family. Loved them for as long as I can remember.

me too, i remember getting one of those red plastic footys with the point on the end and running around the backyard doing my own commentary from what I'd hear from the wireless :lol:

some people are just born without an option :lol:

Bazal

Post Whore
About 6...I mean I was born into an Eels family, but my first memories are of supporting the Raiders because they were local, all my friends did and my family were too far away to influence me at that stage. Plus they had the awesome Raiders lime milk :D. Then my family thankfully got hold of me, and I've been an Eels man since.

carson

Juniors
Have been an eels fan since I was 5 or 6, actually grew up in a st george household but chose the eels because my brother went for the dragons (and I also liked the colours).

Used to get teased mercilessly by my father and brother about the eels, though that largely stopped 3 years later in 1981 (though from 1981 to 1986 I did get sent to my room a lot on Sunday nights).

p.s. still don't get along with my brother.

eeladdick

Juniors
I arrived in austrailia when i was 29(1999) never watched a game of rugby league in my life,i had been here 4 hours and was watching parra against melbourne in the semi finals and thats it ,
i am hooked the missus is hooked and so so are our 3 kids,
this is my third season as a season ticket holder
:)

parra_jesus

Juniors
Parra Guru said:
me too, i remember getting one of those red plastic footys with the point on the end

haha , i remember those red plastic balls ! many many hours spent kicking it around and a young fella

Kornstar

Coach
Well i would like to take full responsibility for the eels poor results since 1987. I was at the 1986 GF as a Bulldogs Supporter (i was 7). So after the loss and my whole family giving it to me (because they are all Parra supporters) i turned to the Eels, they have won SFA since.......so i apologise to all other Eels supporters for the lack of success in the last 20 years

Tekken Lord

Juniors
2001 - 11 years of age.

My dad supports the eels but he let me decide who i wanted to support, now the whole family support the blue and gold except mum who supports canberra.

PJ Marshal

Coach
if you can guess the age of the universe and subtract 60 years thats how old twizzle was when he first started supporting parra