What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

When did you start to support the Eels?

How old were you when you started supporting?

• Total voters

big boppa eel

Juniors
cardinal said:
In 1977 I was 6 I walked through the lounge room and all my family were looking at the GF, my dad asked me who I wanted to win and I said I liked blue and yellow more than red and white. Still very happy with the choice 4 premierships is better than 1.
Pretty much same story for me cardinal followed parra since 76 was 8 years old watching the grandfinal against manly with my dad and appeared to really hate them and that was good enough for me plus prefferd the blue and gold instead of the manly colours a defining moment in my life thanks to my old man ended up being a :) :) :) very good judge.

Fathead

Bench
TheParraboy said:
lets kill him now , give his wife time to prepare when we play the knights after the bye :oops:

sorry fathead, just want you to be forever happy mate :D

Thanks - I think :lol:

Things may come and go, death of loved ones, divorce, unemployment whatever but there will always be the eels. I would support them even if they were a 5th division park team.
To know that my my ashes will forever adorne the hallowed ground is fantastic.

Those administrators should understand, should they ever think of amalgamation, that the eels are more than a footy team to us. It really is part of the heart and soul. To lose that heart and soul would be untenable.

Nikki

Coach
Fathead said:
Thanks - I think :lol:

Things may come and go, death of loved ones, divorce, unemployment whatever but there will always be the eels.

Those administrators should understand, should they ever think of amalgamation, that the eels are more than a footy team to us. It really is part of the heart and soul. To lose that heart and soul would be untenable.

:clap: :clap:

Besides a lil incident that happened out at Henson Park when I was 4, the first footy game I went to was Parra V West at Parra Stadium in 98. I was in a "Black and white' phase so actually rocked up to the game in those colours and my friends wanting to kill me. I got so caught up with everyone yelling and cheering that I have hardly missed a home game since.

One of my first memories as well (and I seem to tell Eric Jnr this all the time) is of my friend and I riding our bike up to Granville park to watch the players train. And it was around the time that Eric Snr was having knee troubles. All the other boys would go thru training drills while Guru would just do laps around the field.

Hellsy

Immortal
From birth.... Nana, Dad and Mum saw to that :D :D

Here is a young photo of me in Parra gear my Nana had knitted for me :D :D

1-2.jpg

eelz47

Coach
since 1947 :sarcasm: :sarcasm: ;-)

na, really since 01 my partner took me along to the majority of games that year.

i was born a tiger supproter and stopped following league before the super league war. so be nice and dont spear me and feed me to rowdy please

and that is all i have to say today, so far i think i started the oldeset so i win

redeel

Juniors
Ddid not really know too much about league,until biting into a north sydney bears shield,the equivilant of todays tazos,from my twisties packet aged about 4.
My 4th class Teacher mrs walker was a mad parra fan and her enthusiasm for parrakind of inffected most of the class, me included.A little while after i started to support them the tv started running those tooheys ads ,which started a kind of cult following cause the ads were after parra lost the gf to manly,but they were the bunnies of the 70's the real strugglers,and became a lot of people's sentimental favourites,mine included .So i was about 9 yo when i started,now 42, married an eel,supporter,and have2 real parra fans as kids and one other that has now started to barrack for m m m elbourne, but he's young and can be re programmed.
one of my first game memories was sitting on the bike track at lidcombe oval,great stuff watching the "old" stlyle of game vertually no holds barred,right up close,ahhhh the memories.
Caylo if your looking for a good place for a season ticket west terrace is preety good,no sun in the eyes ,on the river side,and about 180 for adult season,the only prob is limitation of number of seats you can buy together.

Parra Guru

Coach
Hellsy said:
From birth.... Nana, Dad and Mum saw to that :D

Here is a young photo of me in Parra gear my Nana had knitted for me :D :D

1-2.jpg
very cute!

btw that's bloody good needle work imo!

this is me at parra pools in the old days

me.jpg