What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

When do we call time?

hindy111

Post Whore
If we don't fix the other admin shit that everyone is ignoring:

1. Will any of them want to sign up as coach?
2. If they do how much will we have to pay them? (probably 'too much' when you eventually turn on them)
3. How can they realistically improve things?

The only way a new coach would work right now is if it is someone that is experienced enough to help us reshape the entire club not just the role of first grade coach.

That relies on the dickheads in charge putting aside their egos for the better of the club. When was the last time that happened?

How do you know we have admin problems? I thought thast was sorted when 5p was booted.

Gary Gutful

Post Whore
How do you know we have admin problems? I thought thast was sorted when 5p was booted.
Did you miss the whole voluntary administration being pointed, salary cap cheating saga?

That's hardly a great thing and I think we are yet to fully recover.

Happy MEel

First Grade
Here’s how I see it. I don’t know shit about Rugby League but I know a lot about business strategy.

If you want to transform an organisation you need to understand what is material to the function and performance of that organisation.

The issues that are most material and the measures to correct those issues then get priority.

If you were to work your way through Parramatta I think you would quickly get to the front of house being the biggest risk and impediment.

If you undertook a cost benefit analysis on changing our coach I think you would work out that a new coach is unlikely to have a lot of success in 2019 until we have the proper structures and accountabilities in place. If success happens it’s probably short lived and without a strong grounding.

If the review is serious front of house should be the focus. Get that right and see what it does to the performance of the team. If the team is still struggling in 2019 then by all means change coach for 2020 but at least when you go to the market you can present yourself as a credible, well run organisation and improve your chances of getting a quality coach.

That said, the easiest thing to do is change the coach and remain a poorly run club. Its the solution that dumb fans and shit administrators immediately jump to.
I don’t disagree with this and our office needs as much attention as anything. However, I think our chances of success are equally poor if we do sort out that side of things with BA still as coach. I genuinely think he has lost the trust of the dressing room...not so much their loyalty, moreso their belief that he has the capability of providing a successful game plan.

We need a complete overhaul from the front office to the coaching staff and playing roster. By limiting changes to only 1 or 2 of those things then I can’t see us significantly improving.

Latest posts