What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

When do we call time?

hineyrulz

Post Whore
Far enough, but do you really think he will be in our top 17 with no injuries?

Manu / Moeroa have always started as our edge forwards and we now have Lane who I doubt was purchased to play NSW cup. Then there is Niukore who was picked before him towards the end of the year. So there really isn’t an edge spot for him.

He is probably a slight chance for a start at centre depending what Hayne does. If Hayne doesn’t come (which is looking likely) Gutho may go to fullback opening up a centre spot (but then Salmon may go to centre) but then Norman / French could end up at fullback too.

He is far from a top 17 certainly like previous years.

Additionally plenty of players like Taka have re-signed by their club but then over their contract have been demoted to outside the top 17.
He started top 17 this year, and with no Hayne and him being a BA fav I can see him starting in the 17 again. He was picked ahead of Edwards as an edge backrower somehow. Same as Kaysa, another BA fav that should be nowhere near first grade.

Joshuatheeel

Staff member
He started top 17 this year, and with no Hayne and him being a BA fav I can see him starting in the 17 again. He was picked ahead of Edwards as an edge backrower somehow. Same as Kaysa, another BA fav that should be nowhere near first grade.

Oh course he started the year in the top 17 but that was then!!

Towards the end of the year even Niukore was starting in front of him, additionally we are shopping him around so how can he be a BA “favourite”?

Gronk

Staff member

Sorry but apart from durability, Kaysa is not a dud. If Kaysa can string a dozen + games together he could be just as damaging as the South's merkin.

Knowing you will fire back with your trademark sarcasm, please allow me to post my reply ahead of time.

Reply: Bullshit.

hineyrulz

Post Whore
Sorry but apart from durability, Kaysa is not a dud. If Kaysa can string a dozen + games together he could be just as damaging as the South's merkin.

Knowing you will fire back with your trademark sarcasm, please allow me to post my reply ahead of time.

His service is gash, Mahoney showed more in 8 games than Kaysa has shown his whole career. He wouldn’t make any other side in the NRL.

No sarcasm needed.

hineyrulz

Post Whore
Oh course he started the year in the top 17 but that was then!!

Towards the end of the year even Niukore was starting in front of him, additionally we are shopping him around so how can he be a BA “favourite”?
How he was given a 3 yr contract and still on the books tells me he is a Ba favourite. At the top clubs he would of been pissed off years ago. But not here he gets a 3 year deal despite his defence being shithouse for years.

Gronk

Staff member
His service is gash, Mahoney showed more in 8 games than Kaysa has shown his whole career. He wouldn’t make any other side in the NRL.

No sarcasm needed.

Refer reply above. He is very good footballer and worthy of his backup role at the club. By the time this 1 year contract is up, Kyle Schneider will be ready as he is 19 in Jan 2020.

Gronk

Staff member
How he was given a 3 yr contract and still on the books tells me he is a Ba favourite. At the top clubs he would of been pissed off years ago. But not here he gets a 3 year deal despite his defence being shithouse for years.
Kaysa signed a 3 year deal in 2012 on the back of strong performances in Flegg. Since then he has been given 1 year deals.

Kaysa Pritchard is this — in 2012 he made 230 tackles in 4 games in the Holden Cup competition.

http://www.hawkesburygazette.com.au...Vaw1Zh5IYyzJtIxKS32VM1SsQ&cshid=1542332873709

hineyrulz

Post Whore
Refer reply above. He is very good footballer and worthy of his backup role at the club. By the time this 1 year contract is up, Kyle Schneider will be ready as he is 19 in Jan 2020.
You and I have much have a very different definition of Very good.......

Noise

Coach
He is very good footballer and worthy of his backup role at the club. .

A very good footballer? And a backup player? At the wooden spoon team. Gee we must have some incredible depth to be able to have very good footballers as backups

hineyrulz

Post Whore
A very good footballer? And a backup player? At the wooden spoon team. Gee we must have some incredible depth to be able to have very good footballers as backups
A very good footballer that has never had any interest ever from another club. The only club that would give him a run is ours.

TheParraboy

Staff member
Taka is a very frustrating player to watch throughout a season

He will have a whale of a game or two, then be so undisciplined and error prone next 4-5 games

Like many in 2019, last chance saloon bar for him

Happy MEel

First Grade

How do you figure? What evidence do you have that suggests KP could provide anywhere near the quality of Cook?

Here are the career stats for both:

Played: DC - 74 KP - 47
Win %: DC - 51.4% KP - 44.6%
Tries: DC - 10 KP - 4
TA: DC - 15 KP - 3
Offloads: DC - 68 KP - 9
Avg Tackles: DC 32.2 KP: 26.4
Avg Missed Tackles: DC - 1.84 KP - 2.23
Avg Run Metres: DC - 66.3 KP - 30

(NRL stats)

Night and Day!!!

There is an even bigger gulf between the two when comparing 2018 stats, which is arguably more relevant when predicting future output.

hineyrulz

Post Whore
How do you figure? What evidence do you have that suggests KP could provide anywhere near the quality of Cook?

(NRL stats)

Night and Day!!!

There is an even bigger gulf between the two when comparing 2018 stats, which is arguably more relevant when predicting future output.
Ummmmm he wears a Blue and Gold jersey??? That improves your game out of sight apparently.........

Gronk

Staff member

(NRL stats)

Night and Day!!!

So you bang out career stats of a merkin who gets injured seldom and those from a guy who gets injured often to prove what ?

My point was that if he had the luck and opportunities to string games together he would be able to produce comparable stats.

hineyrulz

Post Whore
So you bang out career stats of a merkin who gets injured seldom and those from a guy who gets injured often to prove what ?

My point was that if he had the luck and opportunities to string games together he would be able to produce comparable stats.
If.

Happy MEel

First Grade

...and my point is that what you are asserting is a wild guess at best.

Joshuatheeel

Staff member
Pritchard is a better player at 24 then Cook ever was!!

Cook was still a reserve grader at 24 with 9 NRL games to his name, while at 24 Pritchard has 47 games.

If only Pritchard could stay injury free.....

However I suspect he will be injured again (which I hope doesn’t happen) in 2019 and we will let him go.