What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

When is 08 draw out??

humpy

Juniors
Season ticket renewal just came in for my Roosters. Does anyone know when the draw for next year is out?? Going to be travelling for a while after mid season, and just want to make sure home games are not stacked towards the end of the season??

i know it is usually due around this time, but does anyone have a set date?

Timmah

LeagueUnlimited News Editor
Staff member
End of October according to something I saw.

mattyg

Bench
i thought it was late november...but i'd be very happy for it to be earlier...i wanna plan out next season

Timmah

Staff member
It's rarely late in November... normally it's been the first 10 or so days... maybe out to the 15th but never that late, not for a long while anyway. As I said though, I'm sure they mentioned it would be late this month this year.

innsaneink

Referee
Gallop is on BSB after 8, Ive emailed them to ask them to ask him if and when the NRL will ever get into the 21st century and release a full season draw like other codes can manage rather than just the first few weeks.
I await the typical pass the buck "Oh we're contracted to Channel 9..." reply if it gets asked.

nqboy

First Grade
I'd like to see them make na event of the Release of the Draw. Nein or Fox could get a panel together, comprising CEOs, coaches, prominent players and media hacks to go through the draw from every angle. What they like, what they don't like, what they would have preferred and the reasons for some of the decisions made.

It would promote interest in the NRL and give us footy tragics more to talk about round the water coolers in the off-season.

Ausguy

Coach
nqboy said:
I'd like to see them make na event of the Release of the Draw. Nein or Fox could get a panel together, comprising CEOs, coaches, prominent players and media hacks to go through the draw from every angle. What they like, what they don't like, what they would have preferred and the reasons for some of the decisions made.

It would promote interest in the NRL and give us footy tragics more to talk about round the water coolers in the off-season.

good idea but realistically what are they going to talk about from say round 6 onwards.... they cant discuss form cos the first 5 rounds have not been played yet, they dont know of injuries or anything like that.....i think it would be a waste of the coaches ceo's and players time to televise a draw.

innsaneink

Referee
innsaneink said:
Gallop is on BSB after 8, Ive emailed them to ask them to ask him if and when the NRL will ever get into the 21st century and release a full season draw like other codes can manage rather than just the first few weeks.
I await the typical pass the buck "Oh we're contracted to Channel 9..." reply if it gets asked.

Well....he didnt disappoint.
Fat quaddie basically labelled league fans fickle...."AFL fans will watch any game at any time..."

"Start winning games and you will get FTA exposure" - Gallop.

How many FTA did the Warriors get?

mattyg

Bench
just looked through the older threads. It appears as though the draw was released November 14th last year. I'll expect around the same this year.

Fast Eddie

First Grade
innsaneink said:
Well....he didnt disappoint.
Fat quaddie basically labelled league fans fickle...."AFL fans will watch any game at any time..."

"Start winning games and you will get FTA exposure" - Gallop.

How many FTA did the Warriors get?

Yeah exactly. We have our best regular season since 2002, finish 4th and still only get 2 ch9 games.

We'd be better of finishing last.....then we will get 10 games.

Timmah

Staff member
In all fairness - the Warriors are a New Zealand side and they are seen LIVE on Sky Sports every week. Sure, they have fans in Australia, but it is quite difficult to schedule a game on Channel Nine in NZ due to the time difference.

yobbo84

Coach
Timmah said:
In all fairness - the Warriors are a New Zealand side and they are seen LIVE on Sky Sports every week. Sure, they have fans in Australia, but it is quite difficult to schedule a game on Channel Nine in NZ due to the time difference.

But the winning games comment is crap - look how many FTA games Penrith got.

Timmah

Staff member
That was the one thing that baffled me... Penrith getting so many games. We're used to Newcastle and St George Illawarra being Nein darlings but Penrith was an odd one.

And I highly doubt we'll see a 1-25 schedule come out... once again the AFL will book their nights at Telstra Stadium and f**k our draw for the umpteenth season.

nqboy

First Grade
Timmah said:
F*ck off Timmah, stop defending Nein. When they are fair to RL, I'll be fair to them.

Timmah

Staff member
Stop defending Nein?

I'm not defending them but there are generally practical explanations. Clearly I've come up with one you can't retort :)

nqboy

First Grade
Timmah said:
Stop defending Nein?

I'm not defending them but there are generally practical explanations. Clearly I've come up with one you can't retort :)
What a load of horsesh*t. Why don't you just get on their payroll?

Latest posts