What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

When Losing Hurts

Would you rather your team make a GF and lose it, or get knocked out in a semi-final?

• A Grand Final loss

Votes: 53 57.6%
  • Get knocked out in a semi final

Votes: 39 42.4%

• Total voters

Smartman

Juniors
Jobdog said:
Agreed 100%. I think I would prefer my team to lose a Prelim Final rather than have all my hopes and dreams built up throughout Grand Final week only to have it ripped away in eighty minutes of madness. I hope to never witness a losing Knights Grand Final.

Thats only if you dont lead by 14 points against the broncos and fekking go to sleep in the 2nd half :oops:

Damn dogs!

Misanthrope

Staff member
If I couldn't see my side win the GF, I'd rather we not make it. Maybe that's odd - but I couldn't deal with losing that match after making it so far. I damage things after a regular season loss.

Jobdog

Live Update Team
Smartman said:
Thats only if you dont lead by 14 points against the broncos and fekking go to sleep in the 2nd half :oops:

Damn dogs!
Thats exactly what we did in 2000. Led 16-2 at halftime and then went to sleep in the second half. Absolutely heartbreaking. That's the only game which has made me cry :oops:

RABK

Referee
Jobdog said:
Agreed 100%. I think I would prefer my team to lose a Prelim Final rather than have all my hopes and dreams built up throughout Grand Final week only to have it ripped away in eighty minutes of madness. I hope to never witness a losing Knights Grand Final.

OK, i promise to bludgeon you to death if we are ever getting thrashed in a Grand Final.

Eelementary

Post Whore
As an Eels fan, 2001 was so much worse than 2005. In 2001, we made the decider and choked - only 80 minutes stood between us and a first title in 20 years.

Whereas in 2005, it still hurt - but losing a decider, specially when you're such hot favourites, really hurts.

mongoose

Coach
Eelementary said:
As an Eels fan, 2001 was so much worse than 2005. In 2001, we made the decider and choked - only 80 minutes stood between us and a first title in 20 years.

Whereas in 2005, it still hurt - but losing a decider, specially when you're such hot favourites, really hurts.

what about 98? man the eels have had some huge losses over the years

Hass

Juniors
I'd take a Grand Final loss over a Semi-Final loss any day of the week.

There's no thoughts of 'what might have been'.

After Parra lost to the Dogs in 1998 and the Storm in 1999 I was left thinking, "if only we'd won the semi we probably would have gone on to win the big one".

If you lose the Grand Final there are no what-ifs - you had your chance and didn't take it.

A Grand Finalist also gets the glory of Grand Final week. It's a big buzz. The losing semi-finalists just bow out in ignominy.

Cheers.

Latest posts