What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

When will this end? Dragons v Storm Rnd 25

RedVDave

First Grade
FFS , been reading this dribble about predictions of cricket scores against us for the last month or so. Credit to the side that they haven’t thrown it in but yet again the doomsayers keep putting shit on us.
It's drivel.

You're meaning to tell you're actually happy with where we are at? 6 weeks ago we conceded 100 points in 2 games so I guess narrowly losing each week is an improvement.

Sooner this season ends the better.

thebigredv

First Grade
FFS , been reading this dribble about predictions of cricket scores against us for the last month or so. Credit to the side that they haven’t thrown it in but yet again the doomsayers keep putting shit on us.
"Yippee doo we didn't get flogged".

We have played three teams in a row that were practically begging to be beaten and we couldn't get the job done once. Tell me that isn't the case and you might have a point. If Melbourne turn up they can practically do what they like on the scoreboard. Our players are putting in but they are at the behest of how the opposition choose to play. I've never seen a team with so little ability to grab a match and dictate.

This club is in a hole. I've not seen our club in a hole this deep before. No signs yet of recruitment for next year - let's be real. Positivity for the sake of positivity only gets you so far and it's got us nowhere. If the decision makers at our club decided not to accept mediocrity ten years ago, and did something back then other than hope for the best, then we might be a competitive team today.

Instead people like you insist we must be accolading the team for keeping the margin to two tries. Yes, I'd give a big pat on the back to certain individuals like Sloan and Couchman's but the team as a whole - not good enough. I ain't buying the bright day's ahead dialogue until I see proof and right now we have a faithless millionaire captain running the show - what could be less inspiring?

denis preston

First Grade
It's drivel.

You're meaning to tell you're actually happy with where we are at? 6 weeks ago we conceded 100 points in 2 games so I guess narrowly losing each week is an improvement.

Sooner this season ends the better.
No it’s about the side still trying despite the club putting them & us in this situation. obviously I’m not happy and criticism is deserved but cheap shots by dribblers every week get tiresome.

Dragon David

First Grade
No it’s about the side still trying despite the club putting them & us in this situation. obviously I’m not happy and criticism is deserved but cheap shots by dribblers every week get tiresome.
Like you Denis, I don't like to see us complaining every week but when things just don't get better the only way to get over the frustration is to yell out and complain to relieve the hurt. I pity my household for the amount of whinging I give out when usually I am quite placid. It is the constant frustration of watching our guys trying so hard to get on top and just not able to achieve it.

When you add up all of the years of this frustration, it makes you want to scream. Letting off steam and whinging is now part of me following this Club and until such time (God I hope that I will be around to see it) as we get many more wins than losses, then my frustration will linger longer.

"Yippee doo we didn't get flogged".

We have played three teams in a row that were practically begging to be beaten and we couldn't get the job done once. Tell me that isn't the case and you might have a point. If Melbourne turn up they can practically do what they like on the scoreboard. Our players are putting in but they are at the behest of how the opposition choose to play. I've never seen a team with so little ability to grab a match and dictate.

This club is in a hole. I've not seen our club in a hole this deep before. No signs yet of recruitment for next year - let's be real. Positivity for the sake of positivity only gets you so far and it's got us nowhere. If the decision makers at our club decided not to accept mediocrity ten years ago, and did something back then other than hope for the best, then we might be a competitive team today.

Instead people like you insist we must be accolading the team for keeping the margin to two tries. Yes, I'd give a big pat on the back to certain individuals like Sloan and Couchman's but the team as a whole - not good enough. I ain't buying the bright day's ahead dialogue until I see proof and right now we have a faithless millionaire captain running the show - what could be less inspiring?
Post of the year.

RedVDave

First Grade
Will take the time on here to apologise to everyone for not celebrating narrow losses. I mean we've lost 8 games this year by a margin of 8 or less points so we obviously haven't learnt how to close out a game I mean we could still get the spoon this year but I promise I won't get mad so long as the team twys weally weally weally hard that's all that matters.

Anon

Bench
This will probably be the game the bunker merkins throw a 50/50 call our way.

We’ll still get beat easily but Annesley will use it as a way to excuse the last three weeks of lubeless anal raping we’ve copped and proof that it’s not always the bottom sides getting f**ked over.

Gareth67

First Grade
3 weeks of clunkers by the dhead officials.
What will the clunker be this week.
My mind goes back a number of years ago when the Storm beat us after the siren .

I realize I am stretching my hopes here in as much as assuming we will still be in the game at the final bell , however should that be the case then watch for the ball being stripped from a Dragon player and the subsequent knock-on from the Storm player , before he passes it forward to his teammate who runs into the goalpost , spills the ball forward and over the touch line and claims a try - all confirmed by both the ref and bunker ! 😳

justadragon

Bench
Will take the time on here to apologise to everyone for not celebrating narrow losses. I mean we've lost 8 games this year by a margin of 8 or less points so we obviously haven't learnt how to close out a game I mean we could still get the spoon this year but I promise I won't get mad so long as the team twys weally weally weally hard that's all that matters.
There is a reason we cant close a game out, actually there is 1.2 million per year of them !!!

Dragon David

First Grade
Just watching the Storm v Raiders game and seeing the Storm fans in the stands etc. and wonder what it is like to be able to have a nice relaxing afternoon watching your team play without any frustration and enjoying the game knowing that more often than not you can leave the ground with a win. It has been such a long time for this feeling to be had. The last decade has been with so much uncertainty rather than surety.

They are currently easily beating the Raiders so next week will be extremely tough for us - damn it.

Last edited:

dungay dragon

Juniors
True Den
Raiders getting flogged today , but the Media wont say a thing about their Darling Ricky........just having an off day..........

thebigredv

First Grade
Just watching the Storm v Raiders game and seeing the Storm fans in the stands etc. and wonder what it is like to be able to have a nice relaxing afternoon watching your team play without any frustration and enjoying the game knowing that more often or not you can leave the ground with a win. It has been such a long time for this feeling to be had.
We may never know that feeling unfortunately, David. Would be nice. If anything, should we get a head start on another team you feel its only a matter time before we give it up.

Latest posts