What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

"Where Are They Now" thread

Casper The Ghost

First Grade
Where is he now?

byhenrygibson+front.jpg

In its tummy!

PARRA_FAN

Coach
Frare is a qualified sports teacher and I think after he retired in the late 90s he was teaching some school. I think he also was trainer for Souths whilst McRae was coach.

The Engineers Room

First Grade
Are you all saying that Moran did a dropout that went 65m on the fly then kept going all the way to the in-goal. He then trapped the fullback down there?

I think I read it somewhere. But is the story that Moran did a dropout that went 65m on the fly and then they were able to tackle the fullback in his own in goal?

Suitman

Post Whore
I think I read it somewhere. But is the story that Moran did a dropout that went 65m on the fly and then they were able to tackle the fullback in his own in goal?

Not even close mate. It's amazing how stories can be so exagerrated.
I heard that Moran kicked a 65 metre dropout, and it continued to roll all the way to the in-goal, where he trapped the fullback behind the line. That's the truth.

Suity

Gronk

Staff member
Not even close mate. It's amazing how stories can be so exagerrated.
I heard that Moran kicked a 65 metre dropout, and it continued to roll all the way to the in-goal, where he trapped the fullback behind the line. That's the truth.

Suity

Hold on so Moran & Co ran 100m whilst the ball was in flight and then rolling along the ground and tackled the FB in goal ? Who where the tacklers ? Shane Wherret & Lee Odenryan ?

DeanPay98

Juniors
Hold on so Moran & Co ran 100m whilst the ball was in flight and then rolling along the ground and tackled the FB in goal ? Who where the tacklers ? Shane Wherret & Lee Odenryan ?

I think they were Mark Tookey, David Solomona and Alex Chan. :p

forward pass

Coach

Not hard to believe Gronk. The fullback may have been on halfway and had to turn and run back 50 meters, collect the rolling ball and then turn again. I could see it happening.

Gronk

Staff member
Not hard to believe Gronk. The fullback may have been on halfway and had to turn and run back 50 meters, collect the rolling ball and then turn again. I could see it happening.

Yeah maybe the FB has to stop and tie his shoe laces. :lol:

lingard

Coach

You mean, you believe that Dennis Moran could kick a 65 metre drop-out that rolled all the way into the opposition in-goal, where the fullback was trapped - resulting in a second line drop-out? You must be nuts!

forward pass

Coach
You mean, you believe that Dennis Moran could kick a 65 metre drop-out that rolled all the way into the opposition in-goal, where the fullback was trapped - resulting in a second line drop-out? You must be nuts!

Actually I don't believe it at all. Just relaying what was posted earlier. Sounds like utter crap.

All I was saying was that if a slow tired fullback turned and chased 50 meters and perhaps willed it to go dead and it stopped short he could conceivably be tackled in the goal area. Highly freakin unlikely - but possible. Anything is possible in life mate !!

JLoco

Juniors
David Woods- works for a finance company in the CBD. have spoken to him a few times. he hasn't had any more injuries since.

man that guy would get injured at the drop of a hat

JLoco

Juniors
Dave Vaeleki's living up on the northern beaches - the bloke is still massive, he was a machine back in the day

Latest posts