What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Where do you want Robbie to go

Cumberland Throw

First Grade
BAHAHA roosters have offered $100k, as they have no space in cap...

f**k him let him play 2 years in reggies for the sake of 200k

Penrose Warrior

First Grade
Read an article saying the Roosters hold Friend in such high esteem that they asked him about this signing...if true, what absolute horse shit.

Friend should be held in such high esteem at that club that they should never think of meeting with Farah, let alone signing him for $1 or $1m.

Where do I want Robbie to go? Don't care, just happy my club isn't considering him. And if the Knights won't touch him, shit o dear I can't see how anyone else would.

Lambretta

First Grade
If the NRL lets the Roosters pay unders for him just so this can be buried, it would be an absolute disgrace.

f**k me dead - you're a thick twat sometimes

If the Tigers pay Farah $900,000 and the Roosters pay $100,000 then the Roosters are NOT paying him "unders" - they're paying him the "balance"

This is how the Tigers lost $1 million of their cap for the past few years

Blair was being paid by the Tigers and playing for Brisbane. Brisbane only paid a fraction of his first year salary. They weren't paying "unders" then were they?

When half the Tigers team went to the Sharks, the same thing happened. The Tigers had moved them early and their contracts hadn't been nullified. The Tigers continued to pay the players and their salaries counted towards the Tigers salary cap.

The Tigers have a record of making terrible decisions with players and the Roosters know that and are taking the piss out of the Tigers, not the NRL

_Johnsy

Referee
f**k me dead - you're a thick twat sometimes

If the Tigers pay Farah $900,000 and the Roosters pay $100,000 then the Roosters are NOT paying him "unders" - they're paying him the "balance"

This is how the Tigers lost $1 million of their cap for the past few years

Blair was being paid by the Tigers and playing for Brisbane. Brisbane only paid a fraction of his first year salary. They weren't paying "unders" then were they?

When half the Tigers team went to the Sharks, the same thing happened. The Tigers had moved them early and their contracts hadn't been nullified. The Tigers continued to pay the players and their salaries counted towards the Tigers salary cap.

The Tigers have a record of making terrible decisions with players and the Roosters know that and are taking the piss out of the Tigers, not the NRL

Don't waste your breath. Straight through to the keeper.

Lambretta

First Grade
BAHAHA roosters have offered $100k, as they have no space in cap...

f**k him let him play 2 years in reggies for the sake of 200k

I reckon the whole Roosters thing is a negotiation tool by his manager designed at one of two things

Get the Tigers to show some love for Robbie so he'll be happier about staying. This has pretty much happened already with the club saying "if he puts in he'll be in the mix for round 1" blah blah

or

Get Robbie higher offers from the Dragons or someone else so Robbie can move with a bit more desire being shown by the club who makes that offer and give Robbie a starting role or at the very least a role that is expanded beyond what the Roosters would offer.

The Roosters would most likely play Robbie in a reduced role off the bench and it would only be a one year deal before he can go to England; so it's hardly a very enticing offer for such a high profile player.

The media are talking up Robbie playing at Nine with Friend in the second row, but that makes no sense whatsoever. I could see Friend / Hastings / Farah rotating between hooker and half with two out of the three on the field at any one time alongside Pearce but I'm not sure how effective that would be with the reduced interchange.