What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Where is the best place to watch the game on Saturday?

greeneyed

First Grade
For reasons best known to Prodigiousman, I have just been watching the final stages of the 1989 Grand Final (again).

Such great memories.

"From the bottom to the top". Chris O'Sullivan

"I've reached the top of the mountain... I've reached it". Dean Lance

"This beats playing for Australia... this beats anything". Mal Meninga

"What strength. What power. What a Grand Final. What a Premiership!!!!!!" Ian Maurice calling the Steve Jackson try that wins the Grand Final.

If only our current team had the strength of mind and commitment of that team. They have the talent. But they don't have the detemination or heart to put it together. Team meeting on Monday ... bah... what a joke they are, compared to the men who really had pride in their green jersey.

Bay56

First Grade
To achieve those heights again we need to bring some of those guys back to the club to instil that sort of pride back in the green jersey.

Instead our management is more interested in getting our guys to wear some black/red/yellow concoction ... boyo we've got a long way to go !! ... and the thing that frightens me the most is that some people on this forum think this is a great idea (something about "showing our thanks" blah blah blah).

greeneyed

First Grade
I agree with you Bay.... someone ought to sit the team down with the 1989 Grand Final... and ask them if they want something like that.... if they are prepared to put themselves on the line for something like that.....

I doubt it... Monaghan will be wanting a manicure first so he can go to the best coffee houses.... I don't know what to think of them sometimes.

Bay56

First Grade
The only way to get that culture back into the club is to bring back the guys who created it in the first place ... Elliot does not fit that bill in my books and never will.

Unfortunately we face a few more years of the same ... time will come when everyone is absolutely sick and tired of the same and someone will be forced to make the sorts of decisions that need to be made today 17 July 2004.

I know that there are a lot of people in this forum who think my comments are straight out of the "whinging" department ... quite frankly I dont care much for the "shoot the messenger" type of mentality ... what needs to be said I will say.

In the meantime I will support the club by purchasing my season tickets, go to the game, perv at the Raiderettes, bag the ref and try to ignore the fact that my team aint the best.

woodgers

Bench
I think you may be going on about the 'whinging' too much bay. I hope that you are not constantly saying that because of the other thread where I mentioned that perhaps you should focus on the positives more. I have no problem with what you post, and agree with most of it, however I would love to see you start a thread about someone having a blinder or something similar rather than going mental at someone. As long as you mix it up a bit, the rants are fine. Anyway if you are referring to me thinking you are a whinger then that is incorrect and I hope there are no hard feelings.

I reckon the Raiders should have a policy whereas you can't play grade footy without watching the 89 GF. I have been thinking about making it a Raiders Army policy myself :D

Bay56

First Grade
Maybe my training gets the better of me at times ... still I make no apologies.

Latest posts