What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Where is the centre we are chasing?

macavity

Referee
lol honestly......5 mins here and there of all their home games....
lol at least im not going to sit here and pretend i watch all the games and im some kind of expert.....surely i get points for that?? lol
i take it you do watch the nsw cup games... obviously the footy i do see sau and aku play are there best moments :(

watch as much of them as I can - usually see the home game. there are a few on here that would see more than me though.

Jimmy is far above any of our NSW cup outside backs atm

Sau is decent but very selfish, and his height will be a liability in defence.

Aku has been very quiet, hardly sees the ball - and his defence oscilates wildly between ok and woeful.

IMO Walsh is the best player in our PL team, closely followed by Taufua.

no one besides those two is really screaming out pick me - yes, not even sarge.

keeney

First Grade
Throw in luke macdougall and lulia and we have enough players in the backline without having to buy anyone else. In the past we needed plenty of back ups with the injury prone robbie o'davis, adam macdougall, darren albert and timana tahu, but next year we should be sweet.

Do you ever learn? Honestly.

Big Tim

First Grade
He sucked though.

That may be true, but a few games in the backrow will get him infield tackling, which is one of the biggest issues for outside backs in the NRL.

He is still young enough to play NYC, so he may only need one year of NSW cup.

roopy

Referee
That may be true, but a few games in the backrow will get him infield tackling, which is one of the biggest issues for outside backs in the NRL.

He is still young enough to play NYC, so he may only need one year of NSW cup.
It can't hurt him to improve his defence for sure.
I notice he has been looking for work in defence all year and has been doing many more tackles than the other backs, but i've not seen him pull off any big hits in defence and wouldn't rate him as a strong defender in NYC even.
He has been doing his work in the gym and his years of being injury plagued might be behind him - but i still think he needs another 10kg gain before he makes firstgrade. He could do that in an off season if he has a brilliant one i suppose - but he is a bit like Walshy in that he is a natural greyhound.

knights_86

Juniors
have to include jimmy in any of our potential backlines atm i think, even though hes not as flashy as some, hes ultra consisitent and provides good stabilty i think. his defence and dummy half running have been great too. id like to see this sometime next yr:

gids
uate
jimmy
naiqama
vuna

Yosh

Coach
I think Junior Sau should get a look in, looks big strong and mobile...

1. Kids
2. Uate
3. Jimmy Mac
4. Junior Sau
5. Vuna

A good mix of caucasian safety and relability plus some good old polynisian flair. Now all we need is a soild Asian bloke.

Pumba

First Grade
With the news that Sarge is likely to leave that should give us abit of extra cash.

But really who is available?

Jono078

Referee
Noone worth while IMO, no centres that I can think of anyway.

Basically top up money for Dureau and Royal.

Then maybe Smith will sign some solid utility.

Hanscholo

Bench
I doubt at this point we will buy a name. More likely we will keep buying kids with loads of potential like the young kiwi we just bought. Smith seemed to think after an off season that he would be up to it...I just cant see anyone on the market at this point that is going to do anything more in attack than what we currently have, and what we currently have can defend...

otori

Juniors
I'm bored and should be doing assignments but hey thought I'd go through some team by team ideas for potential centres. Very much unresearched so don't rip it completely apart.

Broncos: Kemp, Boyd
Cowboys: Harris, Graham
Titans: Shannon Walker :p
Canberra: -
Tigers: -
Roosters: Roberts, Sa
Souths: Champion
Sharks: -
Manly: Matai?
Warriors: Mannering
Storm: Chambers
Bulldogs: Winitana
Dragons: Bennett might sweep out a few players so maybe Stanley
Panthers: Jennings, Daniela
Eels: Maybe Reddy if he's cheap

Jono078

Referee
Steve Michaels is also off contract actually, was looking solid before injury.

Sa, Jennings, Mannering, Chambers would be my picks, and probably in that order.

Frederick

Staff member
Mannering is a back-rower turned centre, which we don't need.

Jennings or Chambers for mine.

macavity

Referee
Jennings by a long way - but im pretty sure he isn't off contract.

Sa is another good'un, but pretty sure he isn't off contract either.

Get both Chambers and Jennings in an ideal world. Then we would have some serious toe if you put Wes/Aku and Vuna on the wings. Matai is an awesome defender but he is dirty and gives away too many penalties. I see J Mac moving to Centre in 09 which would be great cos he is a terrific defender. Still can't believe we landed Isaac DeGois. That kid is the best player Cronulla have. Idiots for letting us take him.

antonius

Coach
There was a piece in last weekends Newcastle Herald saying that the Knights would be looking at some fringe first grade centres for next year, as they didn't really have the money for an established player.

Latest posts