What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Where is your team at for 2005?

Pigskin

Juniors
Tidus_Raider said:
Canberra Raiders

Big things were expected from the supporters after overachieving last year.

Imagine taking Webke, Tate, Tallis and Seymour from the broncos. Or Price, O'meley, Tonga and Sherwin. Thats the daunting task the raiders are facing next year. Alot of experience has gone and along with the heart and soul of the club in Ruben Wiki.

happy to finally hear a raiders fan admit to overachieving in 2003

if you are comparing Seymour and Sherwin to Drew then on this fact your delusional

but apart from that a good summary ;-)

Oink !

nqboy

First Grade
We need more yards from our forwards, have a look at these season averages:

Tronc 109.2 (last 5 games 153.2), RA 153.3/144.4, LOD 123.1/136.0 :clap: :clap: :clap: Morro 121.8/108.6 and he's leaving :(

... and the others: Sarge 103.9/108.4, Faiumu 57.1/63.6, Southern 53.7/53.2, Tex 63.3/66.2, J-Lo 54.5/53.4, LeMac 52.2/55.2 - used at 2nd row at times), Strickland 50.5/49.4 -not offered a new contract), McDonald 83.9/89.2 - not offered a new contract, probably because of injuries, Campo 58.8/48.2 - retired.

And for those thinking the hard running Carl Webb is a panacea 88.8/80.4

We've simply got to get more out of our pack.

msjd

Juniors
RAIDERS 2005
1. Schifcofski
2. Gafa
3.Mogg
4.Frawley
5.Chalk/Graham
6.Jason Smith(hope he brings something good in for them)
7.McLinden/Carney
8.O'Hara
9.Wolford
10.Weyman(awesome ability)
11.Hindmarsh(has to pick up his game a bit)
12.Adamson(hopefully brings something into this ford pack)
13.Croker
14.Cross
15.Miller(tough bugger)
16.Hodgeson
17.Mclinden/Carney

Theres a lot of positions that can be poalyed by different players hard to make up an decision.

bluesbreaker

Bench
Pigskin said:
if you are comparing Seymour and Sherwin to Drew then on this fact your delusional

If you're mentioning Sherwin and Seymour together then on this fact you're delusional.

Earl

Coach
kia ora storm said:
Dustin Hoffman and Dallas Johnson will make their mark on 05 and look to be solid long term prospects for the Storm.

The actor???

:lol: :lol: ;-)

HRVTSKA said:
Marcus Paner(cant spell his name so not bothering) - Many clubs were in the chase to sign him but Mr Anderson directed him our way

This guy will be a gun player for your side in 2005.

Don't be surprised if Justin Tsoulos cements a spot in the starting 13 at some stage as well.

Kiwi

First Grade
kia ora storm said:
Melbourne Storm:

The future looks bright for the Storm with Bellamy now starting to make progress on his gameplan and has a proven ability to discover young talent that are making strong impacts on the NRL - Billy Slater is now starting to mature as a player and don't be surprised is he pops up in the centres next year.

Dustin Hoffman and Dallas Johnson will make their mark on 05 and look to be solid long term prospects for the Storm.

Cameron Smith will be the next captain and will be looking to gain an aussie jersey next year.

The loss of Kearney and Reynoldson will make our forward pack a little unbalanced and it will be vital for Alex Chan and Robbie Kearns take control and lead by example. Chan cannot afford more suspensions !!!.

All in all; I see Storm finishing approximately 4th-5th.

;-)

I think you'll find the addition of Scott and Feeney will add more than what they are losing.

I really like the look of the Storm forward pack for next year, I think RYAN Hoffman and Johnson will have great years in 2005 and the Storm pack will be one of the most feared in the comp.

Kearns
Smith
Chan
Kidwell
Feeney
Hoffman
Johnson
Scott

Not to shabby.

Davester

Juniors
WESTS TIGERS - Davester's Version

The Wests Tigers started of their 2004 season strong but inconsistency, controversial calls and injuries saw their first ever finals berth slip out of their fingers. However this was a much better improvement to their previous seasons.

With being unsuccessful in signing big name players. The Tigers looked at another option and that was to invest in younger players. Some risky business but could work out in the end. Tim Sheens was also able to sign up two of NSW Waratah's most promising young players in Tim McGann and Jarrod Saffy. Tim McGann, who had captained his Eastern Suburbs club to winning the Shute Shield in 2003 and Jarrod Saffy who had captained Sydney University to a title this year before breaking into First Grade. Saffy has also played in the IRB 7s for Australia.

Speedy winger Matt Rieck from the Cronulla Sharks is now signed with the Tigers and will add depth in the backline of the Tigers. Paul Whatuira will be looked to bring some leadership and some of that winning culture from the Penrith Panthers and will add a little boost in the centres.

2005 is a little hard to predict where the Tigers will end up on the ladder but I'm sure they will work hard to avoid dissapointment of missing the finals again. 2005 - The Return of Benji!

2005 Tigers Squad (incomplete)

1.Hodgson
2.Rieck
3.Whatuira
4.Elford
5.Richards

6.Marshall
7.Prince

It's hard for me to say how I see the rest of the line-up looking. I'll wait for the trials and see what happens from there. I think Ben Galea will be captain. Nice back-line but the forwards will lack in power. Experience will damage the team too.

My Prediction: I have no idea what's going to happen for the Tigers next year. But after a few rounds, we will see where the Tigers go from there.

Big Mick

Referee
its a good backline for the tigers, i'm impressed with that. provided they can stay on the field.

3/5 have played for Penrith, hehe, classic.

Johns Magic

Referee
Big Mick said:
its a good backline for the tigers, i'm impressed with that. provided they can stay on the field.

3/5 have played for Penrith, hehe, classic.

The other 2 are Eels :p

Tigerpete

Juniors
I wont bother with a Preview for 2005 yet but as for a most likely line up according what we read , it would look like this:

1.Hodgson

2.Reick
3.Whatuira
4.Elford
5.Richards

6.Marshall
7.Prince

8.Payten
9.Galea
10.Skandalis
11.O'Neill
12.Laffranchi
13.Harrison

14.Fitzhenry
15.Gibbs
16.Halatau
17.Meredith/Jobson

One thing is clear though about the squad, its unlikely to stay as it is. The Tigers will look to use their speedy outside backs and watch out for the Prince/Marshall combo, the limited time it had in 2004 it excelled big time.

As for a prediction, its too early to say really but i think we'll finish anywhere between 6th and 10th.

ByRd

First Grade
wouldnt Robbie Farah get a start somewhere????

he is a good young hooker.

msjd

Juniors
Raiders are gonna have an pretty sweet team next year. Lincoln Withers is now at raiders.

1.C. Shifckofski
2.M. Gafa
3.A. Mogg
4.C. Frawly
5.P. Graham/M. Chalk
6.J.Smith
7.T. Carney/M. Mclinden
8.R. O'Hara
9.S. Woolford
10.M. Weyman
11.I. Hindmarsh
12.M. Addamson