What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Where to now????

fish eel

Immortal
Fishy, watch the replay of today's game & u may change your mind mate.:lol:

Yeah, todays performance by him wasnt the best, but geeze, I reckon the first few weeks he has been playing at a much higher standard than our two halves - and he'll probably be playing finals footy for a top 4 side. Last year, he was used at half, 5/8 and hooker off the bench, continually chopped and changed. He'll have a much better year playing in the one position, with a decent half inside him

Ollie Webb

Juniors
I thought today's performance was well below par of an NRL team. They looked slow in all their play in particular with the ball and defensively lacked strength and power in tackles.
Mortimer, Reddy, Hayne, Horo, Robson have no spark in the way they play, the Club has had the same physical performancecoach for the past 5-6 years and they don't seem to improve in speed or strength. The Storm monstered our pack time and time again, tackling them in numbers at the advantage line.
We look slow across the park-there needs to be an overhaul!

eel01s

Bench
Where to now?

We better focus on 2012 - and that means big time recruitment, especially for the "spine" of the side.

We need a top quality hooker, half and 5/8. We have Hayne, but one man can't do it all. Until we have a good spine to build a side around, we can forget being a top side.

Geez I hope SK has a plan that he can actually carry out for next season.

Snoochies

First Grade
Where too from here.....Bulldogs on Friday night. The players have to get over this loss so maybe we should too.

Bazal

Post Whore
McGuire to the halves for me is a must...Mitchell did very well at 9 today I thought, looked to be our only spark and when he went off we went flat in an instant. Both of our halves are insipid and innocuous...McGuire and Mitchell are pretty much our best two attacking weapons it seems, so to me it seems obvious to fit them in to the starting side.

Loko...I don't get the glowing reviews? He showed he is a talent, but still very raw...he should be playing for Wenty, learning to play (and particularly defend) against men. One for the future though for sure.

Shackleton needs to be used in the back row...he is a wide runner, his best footy at the Roosters was as a wide runner. He's wasted at prop, especially when we have Fui, Mannah, Allgood, Webb, and Hindy doing the job in the middle.

Ben Smith needs a stint with Wenty. He's in horrible form.

Ratchy

Juniors
Structure - trying a new attacking structure

Kearney has already stated numerous times the structure he has come up with is due to the current talent he has on the field. It seems by that statement he realises Parramatta's halves are pretty limited compared to others in the comp. So there is no real point changing considering the same talent played last year were allowed a more liberal approach & were still one of the worst attacking teams in the comp.

So if we are buying new halves, who do we buy? Who is available?I remember a friend of mine talking with Daniel Anderson at the end of last year and trying to figure out who we should get for the halves and the conclusion both of them came to was that the cupboard is bare for this year and for 2012. The first available half is off contract in 2013.

Avenger

Immortal
So if we are buying new halves, who do we buy? Who is available?I remember a friend of mine talking with Daniel Anderson at the end of last year and trying to figure out who we should get for the halves and the conclusion both of them came to was that the cupboard is bare for this year and for 2012. The first available half is off contract in 2013.

In order:

Cronk, Williams, Widdop, Maloney, Wallace, Ben Roberts, Brett Seymour, Tim Smith, Sezer/Sejka. (I must admit that I have not seen the last 2 play.)

If any of those were not possible I would put Hayne at 6.

Bazal

Post Whore
Aiden Sezar is an absolute gun Avenger, would love him at Parra...he is a 6 rather than a 7 though

In order:

Cronk, Williams, Widdop, Maloney, Wallace, Ben Roberts, Brett Seymour, Tim Smith, Sezer/Sejka. (I must admit that I have not seen the last 2 play.)

If any of those were not possible I would put Hayne at 6.

Trent Hodkings anywhere on that list?

eel4life

Juniors
guys, i failed to post this before because i was hoping it would not happen this year but when ever the eels play on my birthday its a guaranteed loss, happens ever year so far its a curse i have ...

hopefully next week we bounce back from it which happens most of the time, remember the broncos game in 05, 40 something nil at half time then next week we go to melbourne and win so hopefully it happens this year ....

it was always going to be bad, and it always happens on my bday ...

cumberlandcozza

Juniors
After todays performance only a few can hold there heads up. Hindy was his usual Mannah was good again the shack was outstanding. Hayne was pedestrian at best. Our attack was barely average at best. We have to pick loko again and stick with him looked strong in attack.I can't see us beating anyone with that type of effort. The storm were clinical and beat us all over the park. As long as kearny sticks with loko will be the only good thing to come out of today. Fingers crossed the spoon isn't coming our way.

Sorry but can't agree on the shack, imo he was terrible.....86 metres runs, 19 tackles, zero offloads (as usual) and that effort on billy slater when he scored on our line was ugly....yet to show any real value.

Hayne injured and playing in a beaten side.... If Billy Slater has played the last 6 or 7 years with the sharks he wouldn't be 1/2 the player he is.

Latest posts