What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Where to now????

Far Canal

Juniors
The dish that Parra served up this week leaves me bitter and angry.

Whilst it is early on in the season I cannot see Parra finishing in the top 8 - which leaves the question - on what basis is SK trying to build the club?

I have heard some say, this year is a rebuilding one etc... but for f**ks sake, look at our roster - it is pretty sh*tehouse.

I sense the dark days of the early 90s when Ron Hilditch and Mick Cronin were coaches......

-Gurueel-

Juniors
How is this confusing? Kearney has inherited a below par squad therefore he will
need some time to rebuild the team into something more competitive.

TheParraboy

Staff member
we will scrap into the top 8, and go on to win the comp this year

thats where to

Cheers

PARRA_FAN

Coach
Look I dont know what theyve gotta do to improve. They say we've got to change the halves, but honestly I cant see anyone in the lower grades U20s and NSW Cup. Humble might be a good option, but hasnt been playing lately.

Our halves are terrible, again we say this every week yet nothings changed. Theres no backline movement, no structure. Robson is too slow, he just stands and passes, or looks for Hayne or the time. Mortimer is again slow, needs to run the football a bit more and panics when theres nothing happening.

But who have we got to replace them???

Its gonna be another long year for the Eels if we dont change our attitude.

No probs.

Earlier in the year, the question was posed to us, what round would we win our first game. Except the upset in the first round, I (along with a few others) tipped the game against the Cowboys. So were close enough to being correct.

I have believed all year, we are going to struggle to avoid the spoon. At this point in time, the Titans are the only ones playing worse than us IMO.

Other than Hayne, seriously, we don't have a marquee player or game breaker & will continue to struggle until we have some. ( no, I don't see Mannah as marquee or game breaking)

Joshuatheeel

Staff member
The dish that Parra served up this week leaves me bitter and angry.

Whilst it is early on in the season I cannot see Parra finishing in the top 8 - which leaves the question - on what basis is SK trying to build the club?

I have heard some say, this year is a rebuilding one etc... but for f**ks sake, look at our roster - it is pretty sh*tehouse.

I sense the dark days of the early 90s when Ron Hilditch and Mick Cronin were coaches......

Halves - no real options there so Kearney can't really make any changes
Backs - has given Loco and Morgan starts over more experience players
Forwards - Allgood given his debut, Lasolo given game time
Structure - trying a new attacking structure
Recruiting - has resigned eels players early in the season (Morgan, Keating, Mannah). He has started recruitment early in the season (we have been linked to Junior Sau, Kenny-Dowal, Harrison, Blair, Luke, Duffie, the centre from souths, junior half from penrith)

So overall Kearney has started the process of rebuild the side

hindy111

Post Whore
We where never going to beat Melbourne down there...
Id like to start with our best team.That mean moi moi there.Im a fan of lassalo but he isnt offering a lot.Maybe he would be better served off the bench with ben smith in the second row.Shacks in the second row too.Hindy is our lock realistly.
Once Poore and Reni are back our forwards will look better.But Horo-lassalo webb-allgood should be our impact players