What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Where was Peachey?

Generalzod

Immortal
RedDragon said:
I liked the bit where Blacklock placed the ball right near the deadball line like Peach and his own home crowd in front of his fans.

Seriously though Peachy didnt want to tackle last night and showed he didnt by not.
I think he has lost his passion for football.

I agree Red Dragon I think his lost his passion for the game....
He hardly runs with the ball and when he does it either side ways or backwards...
Other Cronulla supporters may not agree with what I have said, but it's just my opinion..

cheese

Bench
give merrit a crack ....he couldnt do any worse .....peachey is an embarrassment. Hes running on one lung. Too many darts for yesterdaays hero

Collateral

Coach
Merrit is such a great fullback its not funny...not funny because he doesnt play for the Dragons.

He carved up when he played at Souths FFS :!:
Put him in the number 1 with Peachey having a quiete retirement.

Collateral

Coach
183cm
86kg

I guess about 5 kgs wouldnt go astray...he cant lose his agility and pace though. His agility and reflexes make him the player that he is.

I was watchin him in Premier league and he didnt look to big aye? I think its a bit radical declaring that Peachey should go, yes he may be in a form slump, but when he fires up we CANT lose. He is a major part of the club and I think he will bounce back, mayb hes confidence is down? Looked a bit like that, hesitant to commit to a tackle.

blacktip-reefy

Immortal
I'm starting to think taht the things other club cupporters say about sharks supporters is true.
Peachey has put his body on the line so many times for the club over the last 10 years & single handedly won many games.
he has has 2 Poor games, 2 average games & 2 good games this year.

& for that, people who have never even seen Merrit play in anything above reserve grade, are saying that he should replace a club icon. Even after playing 10 minutes of firsts & 1.5 games of premier league.
Merrit either has a lot of relatives on this forum or some of you have seriously lost the plot!

I'm starting to think taht the things other club cupporters say about sharks supporters is true.

Just because I'm criticising Peachey doesnt mean I want him dropped, I'd keep him there.

You do have a point though, I know a lot of Sharks fans who used to stick the boot into ET in the final years of his career, know-nothings who thought they had all the answers. There's nothing wrong with voicing an opinion but back then they were voicing the wrong opinion and couldnt have picked a worse target.

I hope youre right about Peachey reefy.

shadowboxer

First Grade
i wasnt saying that merritt should be replacing merritt, i meant it is good to finally see if there is any merit in merritt.

From all reports hes been joe average, but i await to see.

The Peachy issue, i love him to death and two weeks ago he had an absolute blinder. His contract however is up and dont be surpised is he either takes a massive pay cut or is sent packing.

Disappointing i know but reality bites

millersnose

Post Whore
reefy said:
Peachey has put his body on the line so many times for the club over the last 10 years

by this logic reefy ET and Gav would still be playing

for the record i would still have peachey

but another couple of performances like the last 2 and i would seek a replacement

Anonymous

Juniors
Here's how I see it. He can play first grade until he's no longer the best fullback at the club, or he decides to retire. At the moment he remains the best here, but he's starting to fall off a bit. I'd love to see a consistently free-running Peach on the field, something I don't recall seeing since 2002 or maybe even 2001.