What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Where will SBW rank among the game's best ever second rowers?

macnaz

Staff member
LOL..f**k I cant beieve there really are so many spastics supporting rugby league :(

dogslife

Coach
You're right dogsbreath, I am superior to you.

Go back to the kennel, where you belong. I feel so sorry for you. The team you support are a disgrace.
The most despised team in the history of rugby league.

Why don't you contribute decent posts, instead of boring us all with your daily dribble.
Being doggiesbroesque isn't a good thing you know?

Lambretta

First Grade
People are getting confused.

We are not talking about playing records or longevity, we are talking about playing ability.

Having talent is one thing but to be the considered the best you've got to show you can be the best time after time.

I love Sonny Bill, but if he spends 75% of his career playing another sport, I just couldn't call him the best of all time.

If he stays in RL until the end of his career I may change my mind.

Right now it's too early to tell

GONZO72

Juniors
I agree to a certain extent, but honestly, how many players could return to the game after a 5 year absence, and do what he has done.
Before he left the toxic club in 2008, he was the best forward in the game. Five years later, nothing has changed.

I agree to a certain extent, but honestly, how many players could return to the game after a 5 year absence, and do what he has done.
Before he left the toxic club in 2008, he was the best forward in the game. Five years later, nothing has changed.

I'm sure many players returned to league after serving their country in WW1 and WW2

Loudstrat

Coach
Loudstrat

You know nothing about rugby league. Diddly squat . The NZRU are pleading with him to return.
Just like they are also pleading for a Tigers bench player with a crisp pass to the grandstand
He was their no 1 centre in 2012, you fool.
Which proves that he is f*cking Queensland Cup standard. Darts players get more exercise that Union backs you twit. Daryl Brohman would be a gun Union centre!
Face facts, man up......you are still pissed off, he left the filth, that is Canterbury bulldogs .
Even the biggest genius on these forums know that I would welcome anything that decimates Canterbury. Everybody knows I hate Canterbury. Everybody knows I am a proud Storm supporter!!!!!!!!
Beetson was the greatest forward since 1970.

He was the best, with daylight second.
He was actually the greatest since 1966 you f*cking wally.

Mick111

Juniors
He will no go down as one of the most skilled back rowers. He will, however, never be considered a great as he will miss one of the key ingredients when he retires, that being longevity. He will be lucky to see another season in NRL following this one, as such can never be spoken about with names that led teams to grand final wins and managed to lead clubs to success with crappy rosters over and over.

I fear this is the problem with SBW. He will go down as a really skilled Boxer, Leage player, Union player and any other crap sport Khoder has him play over the newt few years. But he will NEVER stick to one long enough to go down as a legend of the club or any particualr sport. He will, however, end up with a big fat bank balance.

GONZO72

Juniors
And everyone knows Loudstrat, that you are arguably in the top 5 dribblers on this site.

Bulldogs ? Storm ?

Both have one thing in common. They are both dirty, filthy salary cap cheats, that realised, they couldn't win a premiership by playing by the rules.

The storm are worse. One of the greatest, and funniest days in sporting history occurred in April 2010, when those losers lost their titles, and played the rest of the year for no points.

The NRL were not hard enough on them. They should have been kicked out. No one would have given a shit, including their moronic fans

JamesBrandy

Juniors
He won't ever be regarded one of the greatest all of time, purely for the fact that players like Clyde and Menzies performed year after year. Sonny had a good couple of years an age ago, and he's had a good season this year. If he stayed in League instead of parading himself as being bigger than the game and actually played out his career, performing like he has this year for the next 5 then he might be considered.

gUt

Coach
And everyone knows Loudstrat, that you are arguably in the top 5 dribblers on this site.

Bulldogs ? Storm ?

Both have one thing in common. They are both dirty, filthy salary cap cheats, that realised, they couldn't win a premiership by playing by the rules.

The storm are worse. One of the greatest, and funniest days in sporting history occurred in April 2010, when those losers lost their titles, and played the rest of the year for no points.

The NRL were not hard enough on them. They should have been kicked out. No one would have given a shit, including their moronic fans

It's interesting how often and how deeply you agree with one of the "top 5 dribblers on this site". But then you're a blow-in and a blow-hard. Maybe try reading a few threads you goose.

Brutus

Referee
So sonny bill is heading back to rugby union next year.

League is doing a great job keeping it's stars.

Loudstrat

Coach

Bulldogs ? Storm ?

Ahhh, the old "I'm a genius and I cant counter your argument, so I'll slander your club" tactic. I can imagine in the The International Court in The Hague, during the War Crimes trial of Slobodan Milosovich, the leading barrister for the defence, struggling to convince the jury of his clients innocence, approches a key witness in the box and says "Isnt it true that you are a Merge supporter? Isnt it true that you loved Sowards tin soldier goal kicks? How about that softcock Creagh? Your Worship, this witness cannot be believed because they think that Morris was in!!! If they support the Merge, therefore have 2 heads and a sexual habit involving their sister. Furthermore, Kogarah is a sh*thole and their coach has no chin - the defence rests."

You brainless moronic gronk. Did I say I was a Storm supporter? Oops, I meant I was a Broncos supporter. My bad.

Lets-go-Bron-coas!!!!

:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

It's interesting how often and how deeply you agree with one of the "top 5 dribblers on this site". But then you're a blow-in and a blow-hard. Maybe try reading a few threads you goose.
At least I made the top 5 in something!

Last edited:

Packy

Bench
SBW doesn't care where he stands in the history books of greatest ever and neither should we. Mainly because he doesn't belong as discussed so many times in this thread.

Loudstrat

Coach
So sonny bill is heading back to rugby union next year.

League is doing a great job keeping it's stars.
In all honesty he's not standing out like a colossus in a pack including JWH, FPN and Cordner. If anyone is standing out in that jersey it's Maloney, Jennings and T-sheck.

SBW is not the giant talent in his side that stands out like Joey did, or when Freddy wore the tricolours. SBW is good, but comparing him to Raper, Coote, Provan, Price, Hindmarsh, Higgs, Muggleton, Sharpe, Pebbles Laurie, Morrison, Widders, Mateo, John Baker or Chad Robinson is like comparing a Datsun with a McLaren.

Latest posts