What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Where would NRL be without Polynesians

Pazza

First Grade
parra pete said:
Mark, The Polynesians would win hands down....No one gives a stuff about bush football..... No one in authority at least....
The Polynesian players in country football dominate anyway. They are freaks of nature.
Fantastic skills.
yeah cause NZ are just so dominate internationally

Slimy Eel

Juniors
Twizzle said:
so they are born here but they are Polynesians, not Australians

funny strange sort of a world that you live in
This is a typical redneck racist assumption. So we assume that to be Australian you must be a Wasp(white Anglo-Saxon Protestant). If they are born here they are Australians of Polynesian heritage. The same as we, being born here with British heritage.

Thus making them Australians.

It's the exact opposite of what you just implied. Pete is saying they are Aussies regardless of their skin colour. Born in Australia = Australian, is what he is trying to say.

I'd say it's a typical over-reaction from a politically correct leftist, but I'm not sure about your political persuasion.

Anyways, back on topic......... Sure, there are plenty of talented Polynesians, but don't forget that while they have great strength and athleticism, they tend to lack players in the halves who need to be creative and structured.

The Warriors use Witt and Revellie (spelling?) and previously have used the likes of Freeman and his backup the LEGENDARY Stuey Galbraith.

This is why they don't dominate internationally, because they lack the most important players in a team.

Slimy Eel

Juniors
Angry_eel said:
The golden Era of Rugby League?
Agreed! As a Eel fan you have to say that because we won 4 Grand finals in the 80's.....really no other reason for eg: the Dogs won 4 as well(nothing goldern about that).

parra pete

Referee
I did not raise this thread on a racial basis. I am in awe of the athleticism and skill of the players of Polynesian back ground. They add so much to the game of Rugby League and the game is better for them being part of it.

Slimy Eel

Juniors
parra pete said:
I did not raise this thread on a racial basis. I am in awe of the athleticism and skill of the players of Polynesian back ground. They add so much to the game of Rugby League and the game is better for them being part of it.
I agree with you totally, they are great and I too are in awe of their ability. FFMM is a Clasic and I luv him

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
Slimy Eel said:
This is a typical redneck racist assumption. So we assume that to be Australian you must be a Wasp(white Anglo-Saxon Protestant). If they are born here they are Australians of Polynesian heritage. The same as we, being born here with British heritage.

He didn't make that assumption, he assumed I was making that assertion when I said

me said:
They're Polys no matter where they're born.

Twizzle's not a racist. I think all Twizzle is guilty of is not knowing the difference between ethnicity and nationality, 'Polynesian' being an ethnicity (like Anglo-Saxon) and 'Australian' being a nationality (like Samoan).

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
Another thing on Polys, they're beginning to dominate in the NFL too - the natives of Hawaii are Polynesian and there are many Samoans in the US as well.

Slimy Eel

Juniors
Poupou Escobar said:
He didn't make that assumption, he assumed I was making that assertion when I said

Twizzle's not a racist. I think all Twizzle is guilty of is not knowing the difference between ethnicity and nationality, 'Polynesian' being an ethnicity (like Anglo-Saxon) and 'Australian' being a nationality (like Samoan).
I might have been a bit harsh, never the less "the not knowing the difference" thing still sh!ts me away.

Nikki

Coach
Dunno where the NRL would be, but Nth Parra KFC is greatful. Got new reno's done and FFMM is their #1 customer :lol:

Twizzle

Administrator
Staff member
Slimy Eel said:

you're the only one making assumptions

I stated a fact redneck

Slimy Eel

Juniors
"real Australians are black

the whities are the johnny come latelys" this is bullsh!t too......
Real Australians are all colours/creeds.

Ron Jeremy

Coach
Hollywood Jesus said:
Thus making them Australians.

It's the exact opposite of what you just implied. Pete is saying they are Aussies regardless of their skin colour. Born in Australia = Australian, is what he is trying to say.

I'd say it's a typical over-reaction from a politically correct leftist, but I'm not sure about your political persuasion.

Anyways, back on topic......... Sure, there are plenty of talented Polynesians, but don't forget that while they have great strength and athleticism, they tend to lack players in the halves who need to be creative and structured.

The Warriors use Witt and Revellie (spelling?) and previously have used the likes of Freeman and his backup the LEGENDARY Stuey Galbraith.

This is why they don't dominate internationally, because they lack the most important players in a team.

Why have you mentioned him after Witt? he's argurably the greatest on that list!

Apart from that i agree with you on everything you said.

Nikki

Coach
Twizzle said:
real Australians are black

the whities are the johnny come latelys

I could get you on a techincality there and say that they werent Australian at all, but Aboriginal! ;-)

fish eel

Immortal
Poupou Escobar said:
You sound like the German and Dutch racists who denigrate immigrants to their countries.

we could learn alot about the way migrants have integrated into modern day Germany popeye.

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
fish eel said:
we could learn alot about the way migrants have integrated into modern day Germany popeye.

What's that got to do with German racists?

I've never been to Germany but I've been to Holland, England and Sweden. Certain immigrant groups have followed the same immigration pattern they have here.

Are you saying Germany doesn't have ethnic-based parallel societies?

Stagger eel

Staff member
alot of the old timers say that we lack true characters in the game today, I disagree, this is another thing that the poly's bring to our game and god bless em.