What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Where would NRL be without Polynesians

fish eel

Immortal
Poupou Escobar said:
What's that got to do with German racists?

I've never been to Germany but I've been to Holland, England and Sweden. Certain immigrant groups have followed the same immigration pattern they have here.

Are you saying Germany doesn't have ethnic-based parallel societies?

No I didnt say that.

But if you're going to throw statements around like this, and denigrate a nation:

You sound like the German and Dutch racists who denigrate immigrants to their countries.

then it would help if you knew what you were talking about, otherwise you'll look silly.

jayjayselmes

Juniors
Twizzle said:
you're the only one making assumptions

I stated a fact redneck

Unfortunatly in this country only the strong survive.

So the comment about blacks are real Australians and white people are the johhny come latelys is stupid.

You seem to bag our government but you still have your hand out for fortnightly dole and family Tax benefit A/B large family supplement dont you??

its bad form to bag your own country.

very dissappointing:(

strider

Post Whore
deja vu :sarcasm:

look jayjay - i know timmy has a good tan of late - but i assure u he's not polynesian

jayjayselmes

Juniors
Twizzle said:
obviously

when did I bag this country ?

not sure maybe i miss read your post.

the industry i work in is one that people always have their hand out :( People never take responsibility for their own choices and choices that may make there life better off.

instead the governement always has to pull them out of the ditch financailly.

what country in the world

1. payes benefits forever .... centrelink
2. We house people through public housing / Housing comission
3. that money from centrelink also payes for there food

and in all that the people dont have to contribute anything to society.... not a single f**ken thing.

:x :x

Twizzle

Administrator
Staff member
that maybe true and I've experienced alot of that living in outback rural areas, but that is a different matter than the Polynesian league players

jayjayselmes

Juniors
i could have made my first grade debut this year ahahhaha

like fredd briggs from the bulldogs

instead a poly is taking my spot.

hahahahah just kidding

Twizzle

Administrator
Staff member
we'd be in a lot of trouble if you were making your first grade debut for the eels

thank god for the Polys

fish eel

Immortal
yeah..bacl on topic, without them out, I think we'd have a much more dour, boring brand of football being played.

forward pass

Coach
fish eel said:
yeah..bacl on topic, without them out, I think we'd have a much more dour, boring brand of football being played.

Not sure about that - it wasn't boring in the 80's ad 90's.

What the Polynesians have done, is made it more of a power game now - less about athletiscm. I believe the large number of Polynesians is why there are so many injuries now. It has changed the game - no doubt about that.

The interesting question is - What do Polynesians in Victoria, SA etc play? I guess it would have to be Yawnion becuase none of them play AFL. It makes you wonder how many potential SBW's there are out there but don't know i.t

Bigfella

Coach
not sure maybe i miss read your post.

the industry i work in is one that people always have their hand out People never take responsibility for their own choices and choices that may make there life better off.

instead the governement always has to pull them out of the ditch financailly.

what country in the world

1. payes benefits forever .... centrelink
2. We house people through public housing / Housing comission
3. that money from centrelink also payes for there food

and in all that the people dont have to contribute anything to society.... not a single f**ken thing.

And what about our education standards ...

fish eel

Immortal
forward pass said:
Not sure about that - it wasn't boring in the 80's ad 90's.

What the Polynesians have done, is made it more of a power game now - less about athletiscm. I believe the large number of Polynesians is why there are so many injuries now. It has changed the game - no doubt about that.

Yeah, I dunno. But it seems to me alot of the really skillful players in the NRL, granted there are exceptions, are the ones that have a polynesian background. I guess it's something we'll never know.

strider

Post Whore
I agree with FP - the polynesians have brought power (and I think athleticism - they are athletic for big dudes) to NRL ... not necessarily skill .... of course there are skilfull polynesians, but their main influence has been the power game .... the NZ warriors are the prime example - very physical and thats the basis of their success