What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Where would NRL be without Polynesians

Angry_eel

First Grade
jayjayselmes said:
not sure maybe i miss read your post.

the industry i work in is one that people always have their hand out :( People never take responsibility for their own choices and choices that may make there life better off.

instead the governement always has to pull them out of the ditch financailly.

what country in the world

1. payes benefits forever .... centrelink
2. We house people through public housing / Housing comission
3. that money from centrelink also payes for there food

and in all that the people dont have to contribute anything to society.... not a single f**ken thing.

:x :x
Then go live in America you nut. They don't pay anyone anything there. If you're dying and you don't have money they will throw you out of a hospital.

parra pete

Referee
It is easy being racist. Saves time thinking about how much people of different cultures contribute to our society.
AND this thead was not meant to invoke REDNECK comments. It was to compliment the Polynesian players on their fantastic skills and the excitement they bring to the game of League and Union. Nothing more, nothing less...

Angry_eel

First Grade
parra pete said:
It is easy being racist. Saves time thinking about how much people of different cultures contribute to our society.
AND this thead was not meant to invoke REDNECK comments. It was to compliment the Polynesian players on their fantastic skills and the excitement they bring to the game of League and Union. Nothing more, nothing less...

what about Aboriginal players. You think they have skill and excitement too? just want an opinion.

carson

Juniors
Angry_eel said:
what about Aboriginal players. You think they have skill and excitement too? just want an opinion.

Apparently the nsw selectors don't rate them, racist bastards!!

parra pete

Referee
Angry_eel said:

Too right..A combined team of Polynesians and Aboriginal boys...
Matt Bowen.
Krisnan Inu
Timana Tahu
Justin Hodges
Jarryd Hayne
Greg Inglis
Jonathon Thurston
Petero Civiconeva
Isaac Luke
Fui Fui Moi Moi
Sonny Bill Williams
Willie Mason
Reni Matua

Priceless......,

eels_fan_01

Bench
It would be alot less entertaining and alot less skillfull however they are generally inconsisent players, love to watch them though.

Pazza

First Grade
parra pete said:
Matt Bowen.
Krisnan Inu
Timana Tahu
Justin Hodges
Jarryd Hayne
Greg Inglis
Jonathon Thurston
Petero Civiconeva
Isaac Luke
Fui Fui Moi Moi
Sonny Bill Williams
Willie Mason
Reni Matua

Priceless......,

arn't SBW, Hayne and Mason half white?

LissaNicho

Juniors
fish eel said:
No I didnt say that.

But if you're going to throw statements around like this, and denigrate a nation:

How is pointing out that there are racists in Germany and Holland denigrating a nation? It's a fact! If you want to choose to interpret it as describing every German, that's your problem, not his.

fish eel

Immortal
LissaNicho said:
How is pointing out that there are racists in Germany and Holland denigrating a nation? It's a fact! If you want to choose to interpret it as describing every German, that's your problem, not his.

No, Popeye was just trying to sound like a know it all claiming immigrants arent welcome in Germany. He'd be better off taking note of what happens in our own country before throwing stones at others.

But thats not why Pete started this thread, so I'd rather talk about footballers who have polynesian heritage, tbh.

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
fish eel said:
No I didnt say that.

But if you're going to throw statements around like this, and denigrate a nation:

then it would help if you knew what you were talking about, otherwise you'll look silly.

The only person looking silly here son is you.

Learn. To. Read.

I made a comment about the racist people in Germany and Holland - the fact I didn't mention the ones who aren't racist (and the majority of Europeans, including German and Dutch people) are very anti-racist in no way means I said or even implied/b] that 'all German and Dutch people are racist'.

I never once said that.

But I'm not going to qualify every f**king statement just in case imbeciles like you can't read.

So when I say
me said:
You sound like the German and Dutch racists who denigrate immigrants to their countries.
to Twizzle I am saying he sounds like the racist people in Germany and Holland (not all of them obviously you f**king idiot) who tell Turks, Slavs and North Africans that they're not true Germans because white people are indigenous to the place.

Which is basically what Twizzle said - that aboriginals were here before anyone else which somehow makes them more Australian than the rest of us.

fish eel

Immortal
the thread's moved along popeye, I'd suggest you hope in your trabi and do the same.

obviously you f**king idiot

Crudity.

The last resort. Beat that chest buddy.

How about those polynesians?

fish eel

Immortal
parra pete said:
Matt Bowen.
Krisnan Inu
Timana Tahu
Justin Hodges
Jarryd Hayne
Greg Inglis
Jonathon Thurston
Petero Civiconeva
Isaac Luke
Fui Fui Moi Moi
Sonny Bill Williams
Willie Mason
Reni Matua

Priceless......,

That's one hell of a run on 13.

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
fish eel said:
No, Popeye was just trying to sound like a know it all claiming immigrants arent welcome in Germany.

No, it's you wishing I would say something that stupid and interpreting it as such.

Mate, I will never be as stupid as you, so don't even think about putting your words in my mouth.

Immigrants cop a hard time everywhere - even in Germany, which I've admitted, is a very liberal place.

But in Germany, white people are indigenous (unlike here) so in Germany when racist white people (which is not all of them, are we clear on that you f**king braindead voice of social consciousness?) are giving immigrants a hard time they come out with s**t like Twizzle served up, saying that aboriginals have more right to be here than anyone else because they were here first just like white people were in Germany before anyone else.

Do you understand?

He'd be better off taking note of what happens in our own country before throwing stones at others.

You're a f**king idiot.

I used Germany as an example because white people were there first and just like in Australia they have racists.

The difference, as I've tried to punch into you over and over and over again, is that in germany, the racists who say "We were here first" are white.

But in Australia the racists who can truly claim to have been here first are black.

In neither case does being somewhere first give an ethnic group more right to be somewhere.

But thats not why Pete started this thread, so I'd rather talk about footballers who have polynesian heritage, tbh.

Polys have incredible power and athletic ability.

An upside of thyeir contribution to rugby league is that the game is faster, more powerful and a better spectacle now than it ever was.

A downside is that wherever there are non-Polynesian kids growing up in the same neighbourhoods as Polys, many of the non-Polys (aboriginals, Anglos, Italians, Greeks, lebanese, etc) are dropping out of footy long before they can play senior football because the difference in size and strength between Polynesians and everyone else is much more pronounced in kids footy than in seniors. This has a lot to do with the fact that Islanders reach physical maturity much sooner than kids with a European/Middle-Eastern background, and the non-Poly kids get sick of getting smashed every weekend.

Once they hit their late teens, non-Polynesian kids start to catch up to their Poly mates in terms of size and strength and become competitive again. But by this stage many of them have already quit footy years ago.

I read an article on this once and it was pretty interesting. It basically called for the reintroduction of weight categories for junior footy.

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
fish eel said:
the thread's moved along popeye, I'd suggest you hope in your trabi and do the same.

I can't allow morons like you to misread s**t and think you're right. Not without politely explaining the truth to you.

Crudity.

The last resort.

Well since you managed to f**k your comprehension when I was polite I thought I'd try a new tack.

I think the fact you ignored it means you finally saw where you were wrong.

Don't bother thanking me.

Beat that chest buddy.

I can't help it. Being right just feels so good...

How about those polynesians?

Freaks. One day they'll dominate the NRL like African-Americans dominate the NFL.

I think the game will look very different in 20 years. It wil be spectacular to watch.

The Engineers Room

First Grade
parra pete said:
Matt Bowen.
Krisnan Inu
Timana Tahu
Justin Hodges
Jarryd Hayne
Greg Inglis
Jonathon Thurston
Petero Civiconeva
Isaac Luke
Fui Fui Moi Moi
Sonny Bill Williams
Willie Mason
Reni Matua

Priceless......,

VS

Brett Stewart
Eric Grothe
Steven Bell
Dean Collis/Matt Cooper/Mark Gasnier
Brent Tate
Darren Lockyer
Cooper Cronk
Luke Bailey
Danny Buderus
Mark O'Meley
Nathan Hindmarsh
Ryan Hoffman
Dallas Johnson

Not a bad contest.

emjaycee

Coach
Poupou Escobar said:
But in Germany, white people are indigenous (unlike here)

Does this mean you believe in the Parrallel Evolution theory and not the Radiation theory?

Hurriflatch

Referee
Natalie's Daddy said:
VS

Brett Stewart
Eric Grothe
Steven Bell
Dean Collis/Matt Cooper/Mark Gasnier
Brent Tate
Darren Lockyer
Cooper Cronk
Luke Bailey