What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Which American RL team do you support?

Which American RL team do you support?

• Total voters

Brycey

Juniors
I like to keep an eye on this competition, I think it makes it more interesting if you follow a team.

So I am asking, who follows what team, and whats the reason for it?

It'd also be interesting to know if fans from certain NRL teams follow certain American teams.

Brycey

Juniors
I picked Philadelphia because it is my favourite American city based soley on the fact that I love the Rocky movies and when I go there in 3 years time for my round the world holiday I'll be running up the steps of Philly Town Hall.

I like that they have cleverly played on that and called themselves the Fight, good original logo and didn't really leech any ideas off of NRL or ESL mascots. Have a competitive team while their website keeps me well informed and is quite good actually. May lack content, but on face value it even leaves a few NRL club websites for dead.

http://www.fightrugby.com/index.php

T to the T

Juniors
Jax Axemen, purely due to the constant positive buzz eminating from the Northern Floridian city! GO AXEMEN!

Brycey

Juniors
Why would a Roosters fan support the Fight? For the majoriy of their history they have worn South Sydney jerseys.
I look past the jersey. Last year they played in a green jersey with red around the fringes of the jersey.

Rumour has it this year they'll be adopting Titans colours also.

roopy

Referee
I should go for the New York Knights, but i always had a soft spot for the Sharks because they were doing the right thing and going with American players - but like most people i've got behind the Axemen because they are the team doing all the right things now.

Fatdog

Juniors
A couple of the boys from my local club are going over to play with Jacksonville so I'll be supporting them. Although I did play one game for the Northern Raiders in 2005 so i'll keep an eye on them as well.

Perth Tiger

Bench
I follow the wildcats bascially because they have/had a sister club relationship with the Wests Tigers. But i also have a soft spot for the DC slayers and the Axemen

skrabsta

Juniors
Id been following this comp for a few years without following a particular team until Jacksonville entered the comp. I decided to support them before they had played a game because of a couple of things mainly that they were trying to use as much local talent as possible and because they dont have any affiliation with an NRL club - I couldnt bring myself to follow a team that resembles anything in the NRL unless it was my team.

deluded pom?

Coach
I will be following the Eagles purely and simply because they are one of the few AMNRL teams who actually bother to keep people updated with their progress all year round. Even when they had to withdraw the team last season they still kept their website up to speed, not just with Eagles' news but also AMNRL news. I have to disagree with Brycey regarding the Fight's website. It's only recently that they have actually had a website despite being a foundation team. The same website has not been updated since the Leeds v Souths match. I'm just hoping the Eagles can get to the starting line this year and get out on the field and at least be competitive.

roughyed8

Juniors
Got to go for the knights as i have literaly got the T- Shirt, courtesy of Gareth Baxendale who grew up across the road from me and was one of a Fitton Hill ARLFC U 11s side i coached.:)

deluded pom?

Coach
Got to go for the knights as i have literaly got the T- Shirt, courtesy of Gareth Baxendale who grew up across the road from me and was one of a Fitton Hill ARLFC U 11s side i coached.:)

And works/worked behind the bar in the Ship of Fools ;-)

Quigs

Immortal
I with the Axe.

Spinner's a top bloke and doing a great job.

Good luck in 08 champion.

Cheers
Quigs

crimpo

Juniors
The Bulls - because they were the first league team I head of in the US (when theyv played Canada)

As soon as they start playing I may defect to the Eagles - any website that can get that excited about the arrival of their new playing shorts appeals to me! :clap: