What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Which players are you most interested in 2024

hindy111

Post Whore
I'll start with who I am interested to see how they perform.

Grieg - He could explode this year or sink. Does look very fit. I think we see him pushing for a starting role.

Morretti - He will be I'm the top 17 I feel. Very explosive.

Doorey - Bit of a forgotten man. If he fixes his defense I can see him back in the side.

Matalele - Such a big strong kid. Again if can fix his defense he could be excellent.

Hands - Is he capable of getting the no 9 jersey back or not?

These are probably the players who's careers are at a knife's edge amd can go either way.

There is nothing in the backs that interest me in our top 30. Perhaps Haze and if he comes back better. I have interest in Talagi along with Ethyn Martin. Both might be in the 2025 side.

f**k u

the phantom menace

First Grade
I'm not feeling inspired by or interested in many of them to be honest, maybe that will change once the trials are closer.

I'm looking forward to the potential further development of Hopgood, Hands, Greig, Russell - and anyone on the fringes that might get more NRL game time this season like Moretti.

I'm also interested to see whether guys like Brown, Matterson, Lane, Paulo, Moses, Penisini, Sivo etc "turn up" consistently - or at least better than they were when on field last season. Or whether our leadership group think their efforts are good enough, and the squad is on the slide under the current coaching regime.

JokerEel

Coach
Talagi
Martin
Hopgood
Harper
Mataele

I am interested to watch our Juniors play alot of NSW Cup this year

IFR33K

Coach
I'm not feeling inspired by or interested in many of them to be honest, maybe that will change once the trials are closer.

I'm looking forward to the potential further development of Hopgood, Hands, Greig, Russell - and anyone on the fringes that might get more NRL game time this season like Moretti.

I'm also interested to see whether guys like Brown, Matterson, Lane, Paulo, Moses, Penisini, Sivo etc "turn up" consistently - or at least better than they were when on field last season. Or whether our leadership group think their efforts are good enough, and the squad is on the slide under the current coaching regime.

merry Christmas

Noise

Coach
Jock Brazel and Charlie Guymer. Both have a great work ethic, good hands and can play middle, wide or in the centres. I am of the opinuion they may debut before other more "forum favoured" players.
These players can defend at all those positions? Impressive if true

T.S Quint

Coach
Yeah, I reckon most Eels fans will be interested in seeing how Brown performs next year. He's got huge potential but has yet to show it consistently on the field.

I'm hoping for Lane to have another big year as well. Barely saw him due to injury this year, and when we did he was fairly underwhelming. If he can have another year like he did in 2022 then it improves our team immensely.

hineyrulz

Post Whore
I want to see now Junior goes, we need a big season from him for us to be a threat in 2023. If he offers up the same shit again we may struggle.

hineyrulz

Post Whore
Yeah, I reckon most Eels fans will be interested in seeing how Brown performs next year. He's got huge potential but has yet to show it consistently on the field.

I'm hoping for Lane to have another big year as well. Barely saw him due to injury this year, and when we did he was fairly underwhelming. If he can have another year like he did in 2022 then it improves our team immensely.
A fit and firing Lane will be like a new signing for us.