What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

which round will Joey break the record?

roopy

Referee
Top tryscorer for Newcastle is currently Timana Tahu on 82.
Joey is currently on 80.

I reckon round 3.

CJKnight

Juniors
Round 3 makes logical sense because we are playing the Raiders amongst some tough opposition (Dogs, Storm, Dragons) in the first 4 rounds.

But I will say round 5. Who just happens to be the Bunnies.

Burwood

Bench
Johns loves to score against the Raiders!:D

I'm guessing that he will start the first two games slowly, then get into the swing of things. Round 4 against Melbourne sounds good to me!

Stuzmeister

Juniors
I didn't realise he was that close. I'm gonna go out on a limb and say he'll get a double in round 1 so I'll say round 2 to break it.

strewth_mate

Bench
Interesting record for a halfback to get really, especially in a team which has had some prodigious attacking talent over the years. Can also be a sign that we really can't seem to hold on to our wingers, as exaggerated as it might sound.

Timmah

LeagueUnlimited News Editor
Staff member
I think he'll retire injured before he breaks it

:sarcasm:

roopy

Referee
My question would be whether Kurt Gidley can score the 40 or so tries he needs to overtake Joey before Uate gets 85.

Burwood

Bench
roopy said:
My question would be whether Kurt Gidley can score the 40 or so tries he needs to overtake Joey before Uate gets 85.

MacDougall only needs to score about 30 to catch up as well. If he manages 2 injury-free seasons (which is a pretty big 'if' :D) he could also end up getting close to the mark.

CJKnight

Juniors
roopy said:

As long as Kurt Gidley plays centre or fullback. I am tipping him to make big double-figure tries every year.

If he plays lock or 5/8 he won't score as many.

Latest posts