What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Which team have been the flops of 2013 ?

Spot On

Coach
Case closed:

Canberra
Canberra
Canberra
Canberra

Apparently they have a young group of absolute superstars that will win them a comp any year..... some year.... one year.

Broncs finished where they should have based on the strength of their roster or lack of it in key positions.

Mick111

Juniors
That is to assume that every team should have the same expectation about them though. Which isn't the case. If the storm finished anywhere below 6th I'd consider that a flop by their standards, however if the eels had finished higher than 10th you'd say they've exceeded expectations.

All team have the same number of players, the same salary cap etc. If your asking me personally (which is what i interpreted the thread) then i think the team that finishes last is the biggest flop and the team that finishes first has flopped the least.

Call me simpllistic, but a team with a crappy roster is in that position becasue they have made poor decisions an have been unable to achieve with the same resources as other teams. eg we should have low expectations of the tigers because they have a crappy roster? No! they have a crappy roster based on poor recruitment decision.

Packy

Bench
All team have the same number of players, the same salary cap etc. If your asking me personally (which is what i interpreted the thread) then i think the team that finishes last is the biggest flop and the team that finishes first has flopped the least.

Call me simpllistic, but a team with a crappy roster is in that position becasue they have made poor decisions an have been unable to achieve with the same resources as other teams. eg we should have low expectations of the tigers because they have a crappy roster? No! they have a crappy roster based on poor recruitment decision.

Also - show me a team that at the start of the year didn't have ambitions of the bottom of the 8 at least (except Parra cos you know... Ricky).

Silent Knight

First Grade
Apparently they have a young group of absolute superstars that will win them a comp any year..... some year.... one year.

Too bad the ones that are good don't want to stick around with a team that is basically going nowhere in a town that is devoid of life.

Chook

First Grade
Too bad the ones that are good don't want to stick around with a team that is basically going nowhere in a town that is devoid of life.

A Naughtcastlian describing somewhere else as being devoid of life.:lol:

That will do me.

Chook.

Jason Maher

Immortal
Wrong again.

I admire the Roosters, FFS, they did finish first. It's ok for you and others to be critical of the roosters. Again, they did finish first. I also like Manly, and I admire the skill of Melbourne's gun 3.

As for SBW, some of the gutter comments directed at him, mainly from dogs fans is pathetic and Laughable. Seriously, how anyone with an ounce of league knowledge can bag him is ridiculous.

As for me hating Canterbury and Souths, again incorrect. Am I wrong in suggesting, it's been a tumultuous year for the club? As for Souths, I am of the belief that the 42 year drought will continue.

I have held my own, and punished others, because it has been deserved. I have also received abuse from imbeciles who don't agree with me.

It goes with the territory, I can handle it.

:lol:

People fooled: 0.

Lucas-Con

Juniors
Well those accounts are 2 of his other personalities which speaking of shouldn't a mod be checking an ip address and ban his other accounts.

GONZO72

Juniors
Yes yes yes.
Finally a decent post from you LC. You are correct. I have asked for a moderator to do exactly that. I have always said, I don't know, nor do I care who fat krion and pip are . There are dozens of you on this forum who say the same dribble everyday, does that mean you are all the one person ?

Why don't you contact them? I am GONZO , nobody else . It's mainly the halfwitted dogs supporters like yourself that believe I am others. I couldn't care less.

GONZO72

Juniors
How the hell would I know when they are going to post ?
You'd swear what I have been saying is totally incorrect with no substance .
I am not the only person who
1-thinks the dogs have had a shit year
2-been critical of their administration
3-think they can't win the comp
4-used the word toxic. Well that's not correct, I am to the only person .
5-think Souths get a leg up from the NRL
6-say, they have a losing culture
7-say its been 42 years of torture for their fans
8- 5 decades of horror
9- just garbage
10- and admire class teams like the roosters and manly

Why don't you send a shout out to FK and PIP.

We have been disappointing but definitely not "flops". Tbh the only flop associated with the Bulldogs has been Tony Williams.

As other posters have suggested the Titans were flops this season. At the start of the season I thought they would easily make the finals, but then they just crashed.

Aragorn

First Grade
Flops?

George Rose trying to lie on his bed at night is the only thing that comes to mind.

KeepingTheFaith

Referee
Canberra for me are the biggest flops.

I'm bias but I don't think the Warriors have been a flop considering where they were at the end of last year/start of this year.

Last year their confidence was absolutely shot and you could see during the first part of the year they didn't have any belief. They have some serious weaknesses, especially in defense/mental toughness, but overall they've shown a shitload of improvement so despite the results not meeting the raw talent I wouldn't say they've been a flop.

If they don't improve again next year then flops for sure.

Aragorn

First Grade
As of 9.27pm both gonzo and I, the fat krion are both logged on at the same time....ooooooohhhhh......spooky!!!

not hard to log in on your i-phone while at the same time logging in on your home computer... or so I've neen told... :sarcasm:

Latest posts