What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Who are the genuine title threats for this year?

Von

Juniors
Not a bad team on paper....but you have MAJOR issues with your 6 & 7. They are fringe 1st graders at best.

Moffo

Referee
ahhh...i'll enjoy bookmarking this thread for later in the year

gods...go suck on a hairy wang/schlong

mongoose

Coach
Not a bad team on paper....but you have MAJOR issues with your 6 & 7. They are fringe 1st graders at best.

Not to mention the fullback. Barba is a talent but he is unproven and would be in the bottom 3 fullbacks in the NRL at this point.

derp

Juniors
A serious question for LU members.. Is this Moffo guy geniused or a complete tosser?

RWB

Bench
cop this one boys and girls

1. Ben Barba
2. Bryson Goodwin
3. Josh Morris
4. Ben Roberts
5. Steve Turner
6. Trent Hodkinson
7. Kris Keating
13. David Stagg
12. Andrew Ryan (c)
11. Frank Pritchard
10. Aidan Tolman
9. Michael Ennis
8. Ryan Tandy

14. Greg Eastwood
15. Jamal Idris
16. Dene Halatau
17. Grant Millington

18. Micky Paea
19. Michael Lett
20. Gary Warburton
21. Chris Armit
22. Michael Hodgson
23. Corey Payne
24. Johnathon Wright
25. Joel Romelo

Can anyone spell 'depth'??

See you in September boyz

Cheers,
Moffo

You don't even have a genuine prop on that bench, Chris Armit is so underrated... he'd make that bench easily.

ANTiLAG

First Grade
Lets not underestimate Eastwoods performances as a prop in the four nations. But Dene Halatau excitement? Whats he done since 2005? In a year or two he should just move to Parra as they look to build a 3rd all star circa early to mid 2000's team.

RWB

Bench
Lets not underestimate Eastwoods performances as a prop in the four nations. But Dene Halatau excitement? Whats he done since 2005? In a year or two he should just move to Parra as they look to build a 3rd all star circa early to mid 2000's team.

I'm not underestimating his performances at prop but it's a whole different ball game doing it week in week out in the NRL. A lot easier to get up for a couple of big games, seen plenty of kiwis do it in the past and not being able to go back and replicate it at club level.

In saying that I'd probably start him but I wouldn't call him a recognised prop just yet.

Walt Flanigan

Referee
1. Dragons
2. Warriors
3. Tigers
4. Storm
5. Raiders
6. Broncos
7. Roosters
8. Sea Eagles

9. Titans
10. Bulldogs
11. Rabbitohs
12. Panthers
13. Cowboys
14. Knights
15. Eels
16. Sharks

winnyason

Juniors
dogs fans better think hodgkinson is not the savour because he is not, the finals game vs the dragons manly had a lot of ball in saints half in the first half he went missing he is a dud.
Talking up souths the same really tell me how successful buying preimerships is? look at the amount of preimerships manly and the roosters have tried to buy but unsucessful, and sandow is not a half backs arsehole.

I would say Dragons are favourites, but roosters still question marks to me. I really think the broncos could do anything. Warriors history shows don't back up a finals year with another, expectations is not there strong point. Gold coast aging squad, still very good at home top 4.

Penrith are in for a tough year in my opinion they really have nothing. Tigers have all the elements to win the comp. Cowboys and sharks terrible sides on paper very tough year.
Parra could do anything but so unpredictable. Dogs big pack but top 8 at best. Storm, will revenge is the word and they may just get that. Manly had there run at top salary cap has started to eat team.

My Gf Dragons vs Broncos.