What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Who are the genuine title threats for this year?

Mr Angry

Not a Referee
Read this thread, cannot believe people rate the dogs as premiership chances.

For one Illlawarra will do better.

The dogs........hahahhahahahahahahahaahha

Gaba

First Grade
Soward? Bwhahaha

Will be shown up as a dribbler in 2011
He has got a premiership ring, held the premiership trophy and playing for the current premiers , to the dogs fans angst :)

you never know he might be glad eastwood is back :)

Raiderdave

First Grade
i have little doubt the top 4 in the nrl finals in 2011 will be an all sydney affair

dragons
souths
tigers
roosters

so these sides are the contenders with the best chance
the titans to just miss out on the 4
but we may get a bolter on a late season run from outside the 4 that may get to a grand final & stop a game being played between a combo of these sides .. as we have regularly in recent years

my thoughts about bolters would be
the bulldogs ... my raiders ... the warriors & possibily manly or penrith

i have gone cold on the storm .... they have 3 good players , n the rest of their squad is rubbish , they won't win a game during the rep season from may to july
the broncos to miss the finals for the 2nd year in a row . parra .. the knights .. the sharks n cowboys to bring up the rear

snoozer

Bench
goonawarra will be at the top with maybe the tigs and rooters.
souffs will posture and primp but ultimately do nothing.
maybe dogs maybe raiders maybe nz.
can't see alot from anyone else but i'm almost always wrong predicting a seasons outcome(i've been on the sharks for too long for clarity).
sharks will do better than last year with an outside chance of pinching a minor spot in the 8.

grouch on cuthbo;
He's fired up since Greg Inglis stole the Fattest Man in League title. Set to really unleash some fury this year
:lol:

Red Bear

Referee
This might surprise you
j smith didnt play that many games for the dragons over the last 2 years , im not saying he isnt a bad player or the dragons wont miss him, but the dragons manage without him.
Would they have one the comp without him however? Him and costigan in particular added alot of starch in those finals matches, Smiths impact on the grand final was huge.

They'll get by relatively fine without them in the regular season but they need some other to step into their role come finals games.

Your right.

And I don't even think Melbourne will make the 8. (Because of your pack.)

But I'm sure Melbourne will quickly rebuild and will be a top 4 team very soon.

When you have the calibre of 1,7 and 9 like you have it won't take long to become a great team again.

I think they will sneak into the 8 but the forward pack is lacking in depth with really only Blair, Smith and Troy Thompson to lead by example.

Norrie, Bromwich and Kite are good but no game breakers and my concern is that with a couple of injuries this may be the difference between them staying in the 8 or not.

CC_Roosters

First Grade
Title challengers- Dragons, Warriors, Easts, Titans

Tipping the Warriors V Dragons in the GF.

Spoon- Eels

Hard to know what to think of the storms chances next year, given the turnover in personnel. Though i expect they will be challenge in or for the playoffs on emotion and the seige mentality from last season. Souths will make the 8 but the halves just aren't playoff material for me.

Bottom line is its a dam close comp and hard to even pick a clear cut top/bottom 8

natheel

Coach
1. Tigers
2. Dragons
3. Storm
4. Panthers
5. Eels
6. Bulldogs
7. Rabbitohs
8. Titans
9. Broncos
10. Roosters
11. Warriors
12. Knights
13. Cowboys
14. Raiders
15. Sea Eagles
16. Sharks

Even though sharks are last in my table I feel they will be the last place team to score more wins than any other wooden spooner in history, indicating 2011 will be close as it has ever been. Teams 6 - 12 will fight out for top 8 positions.

1. Tigers
2. Dragons
3. Storm
4. Panthers
5. Eels
6. Bulldogs
7. Rabbitohs
8. Titans
9. Broncos
10. Roosters
11. Warriors
12. Knights
13. Cowboys
14. Raiders
15. Sea Eagles
16. Sharks

Even though sharks are last in my table I feel they will be the last place team to score more wins than any other wooden spooner in history, indicating 2011 will be close as it has ever been. Teams 6 - 12 will fight out for top 8 positions.

:lol:

natheel

Coach

And ur laughing why? This is a place for peoples opinions and this is my opinion....raiders won't have campese for majority of the year so that doesn't give me much confidence in them. Manly I feel losing Trent hodkinson is a big loss...they will have alot to prove, and sharks I keep picking to b near top 8 and always r in the bottom 4 so I think picking them low maybe will make me pleasantly surprised (p.s I have a soft spot for the sharkies mate)

Last edited:
Genuine threats
1. Roosters
2. Tigers
3. Dragons

Give it a real go
4. Warriors
5. Titans
6. Panthers

Will be there abouts, look like real threats at times
7. Storm
8. Rabbitohs
9. Broncos
10. Bulldogs

Possible top 8
11. Knights
12. Raiders
13. Sea Eagles

No Chance
14. Sharks
15. Eels
16. Cowboys

Probably be completely wrong but hey.

BunniesMan

Immortal
BunniesMan's complete ladder. Take note mortals.
Premiership contenders
1. Dragons
2. Rabbitohs
3. Tigers
4. Roosters
Darkhorses:
5. Bulldogs
6. Broncos
7. Storm
8. Panthers
Top 8 chances:
9. Titans
10. Warriors
Mediocrity zone:
11. Sea Eagles
12. Knights
13. Raiders
Spoon contenders:
14. Eels
15. Sharks
16. Cowboys

Souths to demolish Dragons in the GF.

Last edited:

Firey_Dragon

Coach
Well there's half a footy team.

Where's your pack?

You know the real guys who win footy games.

It was in response to comments about a team that apparently lacks in attacking players. I don't think there has ever been a question over our pack, it may not be the biggest or most talented but it is the most functional unit in the NRL.

Firey_Dragon

Coach
Sorry I forgot you signed Adam Cuthbertson my apologies.

We get Dan Hunt back who missed 2 thirds of our season, our front row has more depth as a result.

Merrin is no longer a rookie.

We have plenty of talented juniors in the ranks as well. Cuthbertson will be lucky if he gets more than 5 games in 2011. You lot are probably paying more of his paycheck than we are, so thank you.

And ur laughing why? This is a place for peoples opinions and this is my opinion....raiders won't have campese for majority of the year so that doesn't give me much confidence in them. Manly I feel losing Trent hodkinson is a big loss...they will have alot to prove, and sharks I keep picking to b near top 8 and always r in the bottom 4 so I think picking them low maybe will make me pleasantly surprised (p.s I have a soft spot for the sharkies mate)

Fair enough everyone is entitled to their opinion.

But I just think Canberra and Manly have to many points in them to be second and third last.

As for the Sharks who knows.

I think we've made some solid signings and will improve on last year.

By how much I'm just not sure yet.

But wooden spoon is very harsh.

Last edited:
We get Dan Hunt back who missed 2 thirds of our season, our front row has more depth as a result.

Merrin is no longer a rookie.

We have plenty of talented juniors in the ranks as well. Cuthbertson will be lucky if he gets more than 5 games in 2011. You lot are probably paying more of his paycheck than we are, so thank you.

Yes no doubt you have quality.

However you had a great run with injuries last year compared to other Clubs and this year if you do get injuries I'm not certain you have the quality back up that you had last year. You have lost a lot and not bought much at all.

Latest posts