What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Who are we buying for 2021 onwards

Fufu Andronez

First Grade
If the Sharks had the cash at the start he would never have looked the Warriors way.
But he did.

What's being said is that IF he signed a contract it shouldn't be as easy to say oh hey I got more money here I'm not coming anymore. Like what happens with that contract?

However if he didn't sign anything or is within cooling off then play on. Can't overly blame him too much for back flipping though tbh

Last edited:

LeagueNut

First Grade
https://www.smh.com.au/sport/nrl/gr...in-and-kerr-could-follow-20200618-p55413.html

De Belin's rape trial is scheduled for a motion hearing in Wollongong Local Court beginning on Monday which could determine when the case will be heard. An outcome isn't expected to be reached in time for the NSW representative to be selected in the team lists for the clash against the Roosters in round seven, although his exile could end in coming weeks if the result is favourable.

The Warriors aren't prepared to wait for the matter to be finalised in court. They have been in talks with de Belin's management about the terms of a contract which could take effect from next season if he is acquitted. The offer, which would be voided if a guilty verdict is delivered, is an indication of how keen they are to lure the 29-year-old across the Tasman.

The Tigers are another club keeping an eye on the situation after earmarking de Belin as a potential target.

Fellow Dragons forward Kerr is also considering his future beyond this year. The Indigeous All Stars representative has also attracted interest from the Warriors, while the Sharks are also circling. Kerr has an option in his Red V contract for 2021 in his favour, but won't be taking it up in its current form given it doesn't represent his value as a starting prop. While his preference is to stay, Kerr would require a significant upgrade for that to happen.

Really not sure how I feel about this. Let's go with "innocent until proven guilty" for now...

JJ

Immortal
A tough one... at the end of the day, he's not yet been convicted of anything - but the world is complex... Kuggeleijn plays cricket for NZ, but there was controversy...

no question de Belin is a top quality #13, on the field we could really use someone like him...

Yeah, so same, not sure what I think, and of course we don't have all the information - glad it's not my decision

SmashEmBro

Juniors
Could be a smart move for him, NZ media would be no where near as intense for him as it would if he stayed over in Australia.
But yeah, is this the kind of player we want anyways?

And Kerr though, not really sold on him. Has only just graduated to a starting prop, but his numbers are not that impressive, currently JTB's numbers are much better than his, and would only be a small portion of what we would have to pay to get Kerr over here

JJ

Immortal
Could be a smart move for him, NZ media would be no where near as intense for him as it would if he stayed over in Australia.
But yeah, is this the kind of player we want anyways?
no question de Belin is the kind of player we want, question is whether he's the kind of person we want - and I have no insights into the latter aside from what we read

Penrose_11

Juniors
Corey Harawira-Naera. Auckland born and currently unemployed. Consensual sex hardly the crime of the century

Penrose_11

Juniors
And i’d throw the house at Brandon Smith. Melbourne already got the young superstar hooker already on loan to the Tigers so The Cheese ain’t get much game time in his desired position. Named as starting prop tonight. I’d go big coin over 5 yrs @ $4mil or similar. A dominant hooker and team leader should be rewarded accordingly

SmashEmBro

Juniors
Yeah, there's also a bunch of halves that I think are worth a look, who are young and have potential that won't be getting much game time any time soon.

Sean O Sullivan and Tom Dearden from. Broncs (although with the Broncs halves stinking it up Dearden looks like getting a gig any week now)
And Cooper John's from the Storm.
Surely guranteed game time and 400k (probably 2 or 3x what they're on now) would be worth a look for one of these guys...

Penrose_11

Juniors
I’ll take Bellemy thanks who’ll bring Brandon Smith along for the ride. Bit of a better option then getting Bennett and him signing Darius to a 5 yr swansong.

Dreams are free......

Penrose Warrior

First Grade
Whispers around Jackson Hastings

I'd take that. Hopefully he's matured in the UK and by all reports slayed it over there. I think he'd have something to prove coming back here. Might use us as a springboard to get back to Sydney, but so be it. That's probably the best we can hope for

Beavers Headgear

First Grade
What happened to Tof at the Eagles, how's he going?

Unfortunately has dropped a couple of runs down the rotation to be 6th in line now so a couple of injuries away, Keppie has really come on strong and Paseka playing good footy as well as the bench props then Boyle and Tof sitting in behind. Bit of a shame as I’m a big fan of what he does but the other lads are playing bloody well

SmashEmBro

Juniors
I'd take that. Hopefully he's matured in the UK and by all reports slayed it over there. I think he'd have something to prove coming back here. Might use us as a springboard to get back to Sydney, but so be it. That's probably the best we can hope for

Jeeze that would be a fantastic signing, I'd gladly have him for 2 years while he's looking for a Sydney club.

waipiro

Juniors
Would love to build a team around the spine of 9 Brandon Smith, 7 Nathan Cleary, 6 Jahrome Hughes and RTS at the back.