What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Who are we buying for 2021 onwards

SmashEmBro

Juniors
CNK at 1 and Walsh at 6 would be good, but it looks like Walsh is being groomed as a fullback solely.
I think Charnze is in the RTS, Watene-Zelesniak mould of full backs - he doesn’t seem to have those ball playing skills the likes of Papenhauzen, Turbo, Teddy, Slater etc.
I think this is something we’ve lacked in the past, however with Walsh there now, and an obvious attempt to speed up our outside backs I think this is something we’re trying to remedy.
I’m happy for us to go down this route.

Penrose_11

Juniors
SOS was shit. Caught on last tackle. Zero speed with ball in hand and seems between the ears as well. Other than something special from Walsh, couldn’t see where our tries were gonna come from??

nswarrior

Juniors
Bring back SJ.
All good princess , come back and all is forgiven

we actually have a fairly decent team apart from a top half back. The young bloke will be a decent hooker

Benek

Juniors
I’ve been saying this every week since Walsh arrived. When we’re so miserable in the halves why the hell not RTS back to 1 and Walsh at 7.

Walshy didn’t even go well at fullback today and Roger is continually wasted on the wing.

I’m losing faith in the coach’s ability to pick the right team. If we had that combo today I reckon we’d have won. And it’s not the first loss after which I’ve thought that.

DWZ will fill in that wing spot nicely.

nswarrior

Juniors
I’ve been saying this every week since Walsh arrived. When we’re so miserable in the halves why the hell not RTS back to 1 and Walsh at 7.

Walshy didn’t even go well at fullback today and Roger is continually wasted on the wing.

I’m losing faith in the coach’s ability to pick the right team. If we had that combo today I reckon we’d have won. And it’s not the first loss after which I’ve thought that.

Agree - Nathan Brown is one of the worst coaches we have had. Walsh has been the most effective in the halves

Leber

Bench

Yup.

My god our halves are awful. We win that game if we have SJ. I think whoever said "no thanks" to him needs to get over it and grab him back for two years.

Penrose_11

Juniors
Struggled to see any game plan today. Katoa
had a good start to 2nd half but Tohu had no opportunities on attack and unsure how we’re supposed to be using BMM and AFB? Don’t k ow their stats for today but they had close to zero line breaks/attacking offloads and would be surprised if either carried for over 100m. Our best players aren’t involved in the play when it’s counts

Big Marn

Juniors
Struggled to see any game plan today. Katoa
had a good start to 2nd half but Tohu had no opportunities on attack and unsure how we’re supposed to be using BMM and AFB? Don’t k ow their stats for today but they had close to zero line breaks/attacking offloads and would be surprised if either carried for over 100m. Our best players aren’t involved in the play when it’s counts
AFB is only 2 games back from a major injury so im prepared to let a big guy like that get his conditioning back via game time. BMM on the other hand has taken a backwards step the last few games. He might be fading in the heat of a full season of NRL. Not sure. Not like he gets more than 30mins a game as it is. Probably should be a bench player that comes on just before halftime when players are getting tired. Not sure why Evans doesnt start over him but maybe hes also a fitness issue.

waipiro

Juniors
Yup.

My god our halves are awful. We win that game if we have SJ. I think whoever said "no thanks" to him needs to get over it and grab him back for two years.
The problem is who covers for him when he is usually injured half the year. I really like SJ but I dont think he is the answer given the years he has left.....stop gap at very best

waipiro

Juniors
AFB is only 2 games back from a major injury so im prepared to let a big guy like that get his conditioning back via game time. BMM on the other hand has taken a backwards step the last few games. He might be fading in the heat of a full season of NRL. Not sure. Not like he gets more than 30mins a game as it is. Probably should be a bench player that comes on just before halftime when players are getting tired. Not sure why Evans doesnt start over him but maybe hes also a fitness issue.
BMM best games have been off the bench where he can dominate tired/lesser players. It feels like a lack of go forward from our prop rotation has forced browns hand to try him starting. I would think he will go back to the bench once AFB is match fit. Its going to come down to which other prop stands up to take the other starting prop position.

waipiro

Juniors
Agree - Nathan Brown is one of the worst coaches we have had. Walsh has been the most effective in the halves
Surely if he is going to be our starting fullback next year he needs to be playing there all this year. Hes 18 and still offering enough in attack from fullback so why make him a half for 6 months. That was a tough conditions for any fullback let alone a 6 game 18yo. I think he is just needing to build on his toughness to week in week out.

Sanchez

Coach
BMM is definitely better as a rotational edge but we have too many edge forwards now

Harris, Sironen, Murchie, Katoa.

Maybe our best team just right now is just playing all our 2nd rowers
8. AFB
9. Sironen
10. Curran
11. Katoa
12. Murchie
13. Harris

Egan
Afoa
BMM
Take your pick here of Jazz/LAM/JTB

Play Egan off the bench since he clearly cant last 80.

Latest posts