What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Who are we buying for 2021 onwards

Leber

Bench
I’d be surprised if this is the guy we replace Ah Mau with. Seems like a Bunty replacement, the 3rd or 4th pro to me. I hope we’re still looking around for that 2nd prop, hopefully a Woods, TPJ, Liu or Lodge type
For mine, Bunty has been one of our stronger players this year (hence the resigning). No way he gets replaced.

I'd love another big talented prop, but I'd prefer a half (not there there are any decent ones available)

SmashEmBro

Juniors
I think out of our prop rotation I’d rank them
1. AFB
2. Evans
3. Ah Mau
4. Bunty
5. JTB

Evans averaging 29 minutes, 17 tackles 83m
Bunty averaging 33 minutes 23 tackles 67m
Ah Mau averaging 41 minutes 26 tackles 76m

Evans has more attacking stats (offloads and tackle breaks) so IMO he gets the nod for me.

I think were still looking for that 2nd in charge prop who makes 110-130m game consistently, and then with Evans, Bunty, Pene, and Ale making up the rest of the prop rotation we’d be sorted.
Or maybe we give Evans that role. To be honest I’m surprised he hasn’t been given that role already, the last 3 years he averages over 100m when he gets more than 30 minutes. Play him and Bunty for 35 each, AFB for 55 - 60 and Pene for 20-25.

nswarrior

Juniors
SJ wants at least $750k from initial report's. But it may be slipping to reality. Some desperate club will get close to paying it?

he is in for some disappointment if he is asking for $750k. Someone like Bulldogs will over pay by paying $500k but Bris or Canberra will probably pay $400k

Meth

Staff member
I think out of our prop rotation I’d rank them
1. AFB
2. Evans
3. Ah Mau
4. Bunty
5. JTB

Evans averaging 29 minutes, 17 tackles 83m
Bunty averaging 33 minutes 23 tackles 67m
Ah Mau averaging 41 minutes 26 tackles 76m

Evans has more attacking stats (offloads and tackle breaks) so IMO he gets the nod for me.

I think were still looking for that 2nd in charge prop who makes 110-130m game consistently, and then with Evans, Bunty, Pene, and Ale making up the rest of the prop rotation we’d be sorted.
Or maybe we give Evans that role. To be honest I’m surprised he hasn’t been given that role already, the last 3 years he averages over 100m when he gets more than 30 minutes. Play him and Bunty for 35 each, AFB for 55 - 60 and Pene for 20-25.

wow. I'd go-

1- AFB
2- Ah Mau
3- Afoa
4- Evans
5- JTB

And I'd probably like to see Ale get a run ahead of JTB.

Penrose_11

Juniors
Perham, Turner, Maumalo have all moved on from our 30 squad from the start of the year and so far only Walsh has been brought in. I think maybe Edward Kosi and young hooker Taniela Otuko have earnt Top 30 spots as well but unsure. Is there a date when we have to have our Top 30 squad for the season finalised? I feel like there’s still several spaces to be filled meaning pending signings? That or i’ve just mis-read the whole situation

Big Marn

Juniors
still huge question marks on Kosi imo. Didnt look like he had much speed in the few games ive seen him. Rookie mistakes are par for the course but has he got the skillset we are looking for now that we are moving away from the big wingers... Im more interested in seeing what Ratuva has to offer when he comes back into the fold next year.

Leber

Bench
still huge question marks on Kosi imo. Didnt look like he had much speed in the few games ive seen him. Rookie mistakes are par for the course but has he got the skillset we are looking for now that we are moving away from the big wingers...
Yeah... Some poor defensive reads too.

Although in his defence (no pun intended) he hasn't properly trained with the squad. The dude was doing a night shift in a warehouse, nek minit: playing NRL.

With a preseason under his belt he might come right. Remember how shithouse Ken and Manu were in their first coupld of years?

jaseg

Juniors
Curran gets hit high, no penalty - even though they went back later in the set to put Smith on report. Curran gets someone nearly on the ground, penalty Storm.

Because of course. f**king...

Sanchez

Coach
DWZ on about 400k (roughly half his current estimated salary) would be a pretty top notch signing. Experienced, versatile, not too slow. Probably just what we need

JJ

Immortal
not enthralled with DWZ at NRL level tbh, not as a fullback... he's certainly got a great game in him, but that isn't the way he is week-to-week

Benek

Juniors
But we're signing DWZ as a winger right? To replace Ken? Why is everyone talking about him at fullback when that's obviously Walsh's spot next year.

Big Marn

Juniors
But we're signing DWZ as a winger right? To replace Ken? Why is everyone talking about him at fullback when that's obviously Walsh's spot next year.
Because our halves situation is a dogs breakfast and Warriors management may be reassessing things