What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Who are you ?

Objective One

Juniors
carcharias said:
Yeah what happened?

I went to a school reunion and couldn't believe how old the blokes who I went to school with looked now.

http://www.ksusa.org/Forum/album_picm.php?pic_id=4713

Hey carcharias,
That you in the pic? Whoever it is, nice move for a larger sized chap. Where was it?

OO stats:
Age: Closer to 50 than 45 - as Gra Gra Kennedy's crow said - Faaarrrrkkkkk!!!
Status: Married 22 years to dream wife and mother. 4 kids 17-9 years, 2 girls, 2 boys.
Residing: Shire born, long-time resident now living north of Harbour - CBD worklife commute too much in the end. 9-10 years out of Sydney in Oz and overseas as well.
Sharks tragic: Since 1967 at Sutho Oval, vivid painful memories of 73, 78 and all else. But old style hotdogs were sensational. Don't make many/any games these days just TV. Confess to losing bit of passion for game over recent years. Less Superleague (because at least that got rid of Arko), more rule changes that have reduced the physical contest for the ball: bring back real scrums (someone's going to coach their pack to push in a GF one year and win the ball against the feed and the game), all stripping should be legal but deliberate knock-down vs attempted intercept should be penalised, attacking player stepping forward of the mark should be policed, dominant tackle is crap voluntary tackle penalty is the answer. I'm boring and old school, I know. Passion for Sharks sorely tested by last few years with cringe moment the infamous Parra game - pride in the jumper went missing that night and has not recovered properly yet. We will not win until that becomes THE most important thing to every player - yeah I'm a dinosaur.
Played: 70s to early 80s. Cronulla RSL (who?), school, Uni NSW starting as prop (early growth spurt) but mostly lock, 5/8, centres. Reasonable player at the levels I ran around in but lacked genuine pace for higher levels. Surfing, skiing and other pursuits also diverted interest at times.
Work: Lawyer then banking & investment = shiny-bum.

Enjoy the diversity of this forum, the good insights, the piss-taking, the seriously funny bastards, the seriously pissed incoherent bastards' posts after a big win or loss. Dislike those taking themselves or forum seriously (get a friggin life), who demand rather than earn/fight for respect for their opinions (it's a forum about RL, expect aggression and sledging toolheads).

carcharias

Immortal
Hey carcharias,
That you in the pic? Whoever it is, nice move for a larger sized chap. Where was it?
It's in Indo

no no no it's not me...I don't know him personally .

album_picm.jpg

carinashark

First Grade
Max Von Himmldorff
Male
Age 32
Mertensfelds / Brandenburg State
Germany
Ive been the follower of the Sharks for a year now . This was origialy to improove my English but now Im hooked on the Sharks. So good it is to watch the game on my computer screen and last week we WON beating those barstards ManlyBarstards!!!!!!
NRL is the best game , it has everthing I want to see in a sport ! Unlike soccer which is played by homoseusual Brazilians. The NrL is the game for me, because you have the fighting as well as the playing. Im sitting here in my studio , looking over the factories and waste dumps in the distance with my Girl friend Katinka ( she says hi)watching the game against the ManlyBarstards and the Sharks are fighting with the ManlyBarstards . My favorite player is David Simmonds ( he even looks like me) . H e getts the ball and fly's down the outside line ans scores .He is your best scorer. We look forward to one day next year comming to Australia and beeiing at fabulos Shark Park to see the boys play. I would be loving other Sharks fans to be meeting on the net. And we are playing the Rabbitoes this week. This team puzzles me ? To be having a team with the logo of the Rabbitoes which are a pest here in Germany? How is this so? Anyway nice to have been able to introduce myself.
Max

Thomo.

First Grade
carinashark said:
Max Von Himmldorff
Male
Age 32
Germany
Ive been the follower of the Sharks for a year now . This was origialy to improove my English but now Im hooked on the Sharks. So good it is to watch the game on my computer screen and last week we WON beating those barstards ManlyBarstards!!!!!!
NRL is the best game , it has everthing I want to see in a sport ! Unlike soccer which is played by homoseusual Brazilians. The NrL is the game for me, because you have the fighting as well as the playing. Im sitting here in my studio , looking over the factories and waste dumps in the distance with my Girl friend Katinka ( she says hi)watching the game against the ManlyBarstards and the Sharks are fighting with the ManlyBarstards . My favorite player is David Simmonds ( he even looks like me) . H e getts the ball and fly's down the outside line ans scores .He is your best scorer. We look forward to one day next year comming to Australia and beeiing at fabulos Shark Park to see the boys play. I would be loving other Sharks fans to be meeting on the net. And we are playing the Rabbitoes this week. This team puzzles me ? To be having a team with the logo of the Rabbitoes which are a pest here in Germany? How is this so? Anyway nice to have been able to introduce myself.
Max

you feeling alright carina?

Objective One

Juniors
carinashark said:
Max Von Himmldorff
Male
Age 32
Germany
Max

herrrmmm, fvairli inntaresztink, but schtewpid

McLovin

Staff member
Male (mostly female on weekends or anyone you want me to be for that matter),
Lives in Hurstville,
Went to tafe for 6 months to do a, beleive it or not, IT course.
Casual worker
Currently doing my usual visit to Eros theatre every month with my mates...

Sam Shark

Juniors
The ORIGINAL sam shark from official Sharks forum - don't see why I should change my moniker
Age 45
Married with 2 kids
Teach in the Shire
Live in the Shire
Still dreaming of a premiership!
STILL DREAMING OF A PREMIERSHIP!!!!

nogigtoobig

Juniors
30 something
Born sutho hospital
1 sharkette for a wife, 4 kids, 1 grandson and pet fish
Education Sylvania high and did a trade at gymea tafe that i will never do again.
Grew up, sylvania, i probably you a sold hot dog out the front of the sharks club, nothies, sylvania or miranda rsl at 2 o'clock in the cold fuggen mornings in the late 80's if that was your time , or maybe you were just to blind to remember, now live in caboolture QLD moved here for work , full time musician who started in the shire playing in local bands etc and ran pa company, rock'n'roll .

Im a mad fisho who will support the sharks till the end.

BWNB

First Grade
nogigtoobig said:
30 something
Born sutho hospital
1 sharkette for a wife, 4 kids, 1 grandson and pet fish
Education Sylvania high and did a trade at gymea tafe that i will never do again.
Grew up, sylvania, i probably you a sold hot dog out the front of the sharks club, nothies, sylvania or miranda rsl at 2 o'clock in the cold fuggen mornings in the late 80's if that was your time , or maybe you were just to blind to remember, now live in caboolture QLD moved here for work , full time musician who started in the shire playing in local bands etc and ran pa company, rock'n'roll .

Im a mad fisho who will support the sharks till the end.

im a mad fisho aswell where do you fish?

nogigtoobig

Juniors
where ever i can from south coast nsw up to here, did alot in port hacking, georges and offshore out of botany bay and love the south coast nsw, have been in dry dock, boat less for the last yr am restoring a 20 ft cruisecraft but still manage to get out off morton in a mates boat occasionally so its shore fishing lately i will be back in the water at xmas not having a boat is like watching another sharks season go to waste.......painful