What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

who do we keep

gurstar

Juniors
hi all just a thought for 2009 witch player do we keep and who do we let go

wtcontractlist2008on1.jpg

Those highlighted are off contract by my records. If there are any mistakes let me know.

so who do we keep

gurstar

Juniors
corey payne has a 3 year contract im stumpt. that money could have been spent on teo.
heighington lets resign ASAP
O HARA lets let him go
head resign asap
hodgson id like to see him stay. if not super league . dont want to see him in another nrl side
big red give him a new contract but on a reduced contract he is having his first good year of his 3 year contract

uuem

Juniors
O Hara must now show what he's got with Payton out if not bye bye asap.
Hodgson worries me,as good as he is I think he is getting to the 1 season to many stage.
Teo, Galloway and Heighington are our future and must stay .Teo is still learning but at this stage as a sub is having major impact,Galloway as a prop is a baby and will be worth his weight in gold in the future and Heighington is now a senior player,a true leader showing the way for the others too follow.Head at 25 is at this stage worth a 1yr extension at a little bit more than he is getting just so we can hold on to him to see if he can become as explosive as we think he can(remembering Prince didnt have a great 1st season and we havent had a true half for a long time) if Head can fit into our style then tie him up with the contract he deserves.
The down side is has the signing of Ellis taken to much of our cap and will sacrafices have to be made?

We need to re-sign Te'o, Hino, Head and Galloway. The rest should all go. We should be able to afford all of them plus Ellis under the cap next year with highly paid players like Hodgson and O'Hara leaving.

crouching_tiger

Juniors
I was chatting to most of the boys last night and have a bit of feedback from their own views.

Galloway said he would take a pay cut to stay as his keen on improving his game with the WT.Mentions that he is very happy at WT. He is aiming high with looking to play some sort of representative type of footy in the future in the NRL as opposed to taking the easy money being offered in ESL. The ESL has been a big temptation for him in previous years as he has a UK passport.
Te'o mentioned he will up and leave if the WT don't offer him something decent to match the current offers that have been tabled by other clubs. He said he would love to stay but can't if the WT are not going to offer something decent. He has a big family to support and that is his first priority which is totally understandable.
Heighno sounds like he will get looked after and is looking promising for staying.
I don't think O'Hara has any chance of staying with us as Sizzler hates him for no apparent reason and the club simply cant afford him. His jaw breaks in the past two seasons have hindered any real chances for him to prove himself beyond his current contract.

So all in all, if WT were able to retain Heighno and Galloway, i guess that isn't too bad. But i would also be hoping to aim to keep Te'o as he is a excellent future prospect who i have followed through the lower grades.IMO I think the signing of Ellis is a waste of money and should've been used to retain Benny.

murraymob

Coach
i think you should do a direct swap with Penrith gives us Heinington and we will give you Brendon Worth plus Joe Williams how is that 2 for 1 after all you are the western panthers anyway

steven_tiger

Juniors
It's a hard one.

I would love to keep them all, however you would have to say that if anyone HAD to go, it would be O'Hara first and Hodgson second.

Galloway and Te'o are young and simple must be kept. Will both play higher representative footy. Heighno is our most consistant forward and is also a must keep.

The promising form that Head is showing also cannot be ignored.

I'd prefer Youngquest, Galea or Payne to be cut before losing any of the above though.

I was talking to one of the boys at Concord during th week, get ready cause one of them is desperate for a release in his contract cause he can't stand Roycie and it isn't O'Hara.

gurstar, from that list the following are incorrect…

Chris Lawrence – 2011
Shannon McDonnell – 2010
Taniela Tuiaki – 2010
Corey Payne – 2009
Nick Youngquest – 2008

Payne has a 2 year contract and Youngquest has a one year contract

big ern

Juniors
If we lose Te'o, Galloway or Heighington it's a joke. Why would you sign Payne, Morris up for 3 years. Only rep players or future rep players are worth 3 year contracts.

tiger_nick

Bench
if we lose teo, galloway or heighno for ellis i wont be happy. admittedly ive seen very little of ellis but these 3 guys are our future. it would be even more ridiculous considering we have payne and galea on long term contracts.

teo you would imagine would have clubs from nrl and esl all over him

I was chatting to most of the boys last night and have a bit of feedback from their own views.

Galloway said he would take a pay cut to stay as his keen on improving his game with the WT.Mentions that he is very happy at WT. He is aiming high with looking to play some sort of representative type of footy in the future in the NRL as opposed to taking the easy money being offered in ESL. The ESL has been a big temptation for him in previous years as he has a UK passport.
Te'o mentioned he will up and leave if the WT don't offer him something decent to match the current offers that have been tabled by other clubs. He said he would love to stay but can't if the WT are not going to offer something decent. He has a big family to support and that is his first priority which is totally understandable.
Heighno sounds like he will get looked after and is looking promising for staying.
I don't think O'Hara has any chance of staying with us as Sizzler hates him for no apparent reason and the club simply cant afford him. His jaw breaks in the past two seasons have hindered any real chances for him to prove himself beyond his current contract.

So all in all, if WT were able to retain Heighno and Galloway, i guess that isn't too bad. But i would also be hoping to aim to keep Te'o as he is a excellent future prospect who i have followed through the lower grades.IMO I think the signing of Ellis is a waste of money and should've been used to retain Benny.

Doesn't sound too promising about Teo but if we keep Heighno and with Ellis coming we can cover him for the short term but he will definitely come back to hurt us in the future. We need to keep Head and Galloway and as much as I hate to say it Teo could be the man sacrificed depending on the dollars he is asking for. Obviously alot of this is going to revolve around Hodgos contract situation as its clear he wants a 3 year deal and the Tigers are prob only willing to offer a 1 year deal on a reduced wage. Interesting times ahead but for me Heighno, Head and Galloway are priorities aswell as Hodgo on a reduced contract. If we can release the likes of Payne, Galea and O'hara off contract hopefully that might give us some more bargaining power.

Strange about Te'o `having to support his family'
Aren't they all lawyers ?
Show me a poor lawyer and I'll show you a soufs fan who has seen their team win a comp in colour