What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

who do we keep

scarcev

Juniors
Heigno we HAVE to keep.

Galloway I'd LIKE to keep.

Te'o would be GOOD to keep.

Dont care about the rest.

crouching_tiger

Juniors
I was chatting to most of the boys last night and have a bit of feedback from their own views.

Galloway said he would take a pay cut to stay as his keen on improving his game with the WT.Mentions that he is very happy at WT. He is aiming high with looking to play some sort of representative type of footy in the future in the NRL as opposed to taking the easy money being offered in ESL. The ESL has been a big temptation for him in previous years as he has a UK passport.
Te'o mentioned he will up and leave if the WT don't offer him something decent to match the current offers that have been tabled by other clubs. He said he would love to stay but can't if the WT are not going to offer something decent. He has a big family to support and that is his first priority which is totally understandable.
Heighno sounds like he will get looked after and is looking promising for staying.
I don't think O'Hara has any chance of staying with us as Sizzler hates him for no apparent reason and the club simply cant afford him. His jaw breaks in the past two seasons have hindered any real chances for him to prove himself beyond his current contract.

So all in all, if WT were able to retain Heighno and Galloway, i guess that isn't too bad. But i would also be hoping to aim to keep Te'o as he is a excellent future prospect who i have followed through the lower grades.IMO I think the signing of Ellis is a waste of money and should've been used to retain Benny.

Okay guys. 1 down 2 to go. Galloway i'm not worried about either. The pep talk i gave him in 2006 is still etched in his mind. I have been working Benny over for a few weeks on end now. I even managed to get him to come thank his supporters on the fence after the game at Leichhardt last sunday. But i'm a few more weeks away from getting him to sign on the dotted line. Leave it with me. ;-)

gurstar

Juniors
we need head / teo and red to stay will there be enough in the cap left
hodgo gone say 260k
o hara say 250k
flano gone 90k

that 600k
heighinton resigned say 240k
ellis from uk say 260k

i hope im wrong with the figures not much left in the cap to resign all the above players

who else is leaving

crouching_tiger

Juniors
we need head / teo and red to stay will there be enough in the cap left
hodgo gone say 260k
o hara say 250k
flano gone 90k

that 600k
heighinton resigned say 240k
ellis from uk say 260k

i hope im wrong with the figures not much left in the cap to resign all the above players

who else is leaving

Flanagan - 60K
O'Hara - 400K
Hodgo - 280K
is closer to the mark. ;-)

crouching_tiger

Juniors
The club needs to DUMP the Ellis signing. He isn't worth the coin. WT have better players off contract. Doubt me? Just wait and we shall see...

gurstar

Juniors
Hopefully they are whoring morris
O'Hara was on 400k apparently
Youngquest gone 120k

good thats more money to spend theres 520k there so ohara gets 400k per year X 3years divided by about 14 games he has played over 3years $85000 per game punt him ASAP

Vicious

Bench
CT, can you tell your mate Halatau to take a pay cut to what he`s really worth, so that we can re-sign the class players in Ben Te`o, Keith Galloway and Matthew Head ???
I`m with ya on Gareth Ellis. He does go ok, but certainly wasn`t needed, we`ve already got 1000 back rowers plus the talented Willie Mataka and Ben Vengoa who look good enough to make the step up when required. I`d also like to see us blood Wayde Dunley and Holo Tonga at some stage this season. I`m not a fan of Blake Ayshford as a centre, too sluggish for mine !

westie

Bench
Goodo then.

Whats the bet he's played as a yards man though. Seriously, he'd have made Freddy a second row metre eater.

westie

Bench
CT, can you tell your mate Halatau to take a pay cut to what he`s really worth, so that we can re-sign the class players in Ben Te`o, Keith Galloway and Matthew Head ???
I`m with ya on Gareth Ellis. He does go ok, but certainly wasn`t needed, we`ve already got 1000 back rowers plus the talented Willie Mataka and Ben Vengoa who look good enough to make the step up when required. I`d also like to see us blood Wayde Dunley and Holo Tonga at some stage this season. I`m not a fan of Blake Ayshford as a centre, too sluggish for mine !

Starting to think he might end up in our centres... Especially if Yeaman and Gleeson continue to be sh*t.

Vicious

Bench
Starting to think he might end up in our centres... Especially if Yeaman and Gleeson continue to be sh*t.

I`ve only seen bits and pieces of him play, but the centres might be a good option for him out here. Only problem is that he`s a right sided player if i`m not mistaken ??? They won`t move Dean Collis from right centre in a hurry, although i`m personally running out of patience for him to reach his potential, a much tougher game from him on Sunday though which was good to see !

Latest posts