What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Who do you Support Origin Wise?

Who do you Support?

• Queensland Maroons

Votes: 34 32.4%
  • New South Wales Blues

Votes: 71 67.6%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Mulch

Juniors
I'm sure something like this has been done before. Just thought I’d check who has the most support from the 2 Origin Sides?

Who do you Support? And why?

ozbash

Referee
Queensland.

The Queenslanders are a much more honest bunch, they dont think their state is the center of the rugby league universe and would rather look after the game than themselves.

in a nutshell.....

macavity

Referee
The Queenslanders are a much more honest bunch, they dont think their state is the center of the rugby league universe and would rather look after the game than themselves.

thanks for the laugh!

ozbash

Referee
thats ok, just thought you,d enjoy the kiwi perspective.

who do you support mac ? newcastle is nearly in qld , isnt it ?

Floods

Juniors
Queensland all the way, as for why, well all my favourite players played for Queensland (Mal Meninga, Gary Belcher, Langer) and also because my best friend was a N.S.W supporter.

innsaneink

Referee
ozbash said:
Queensland.

in a nutshell.....

Look out....behind you!

Rammo

Juniors
I supported QLD last year because Stuart was NSW coach, now that Graham Murray is coaching NSW I'll support them again.

macavity

Referee
Rammo said:
I supported QLD last year because Stuart was NSW coach, now that Graham Murray is coaching NSW I'll support them again.

with that attitude, we don't want you back.

innsaneink

Referee
Rammo said:

Thats staunch!:lol:.

What would you do if your club signed up Stuart, again....this time as senior coach?

Carlito

Juniors
I grew up in a staunch NSW household, but over time I have gradually shifted to supporting QLD. I just couldn't take the general arrogance of the NSW players and coaching staff, and the underdog nature of the QLD team appealed to me in recent times. Also, the broncos were my second favourite team so I wanted to see them do well, while the NSW team is full or dragons, bulldogs and eels.

It was a real test this year seeing joey come back. For years he had been my favourite player, and I thought that I might be lulled back to NSW. However I found myself just hating him and hating NSW more as the series went on.

Mr_Ugly

Juniors
NSW.

The "playing field" has been tipped towards Qld for well over a decade now in a failed attempt to keep them competitive (e.g. PNG'er Lam allowed to play for them, NSW home games regularly taken away, Matt Rogers forced to play for them on a technicality etc). Yet they have still been on the losing end of the count (from memory, their 3-0 victory under Fatty during the SL debacle, when SL players were ineligible?).

Other reasons: their history of low, whingeing, and dirty players (Wally, Shearer, O'Neill etc), their celebration of an overtly biased ref (Gommersal), my hatred of the Broncos (which is equally based on rational reasons), that the state was a Superleague stronghold, that they used to squeal every time a Kangaroos squad was selected.

Having said that, I don't think the current crop of players are quite as "hateable", but then again, they don't have the talent of their predecessors either!

I don't think anyone could argue with any of those reasons...

sooperdooper

First Grade
Carlito said:
I grew up in a staunch NSW household, but over time I have gradually shifted to supporting QLD. I just couldn't take the general arrogance of the NSW players and coaching staff, and the underdog nature of the QLD team appealed to me in recent times. Also, the broncos were my second favourite team so I wanted to see them do well, while the NSW team is full or dragons, bulldogs and eels.

It was a real test this year seeing joey come back. For years he had been my favourite player, and I thought that I might be lulled back to NSW. However I found myself just hating him and hating NSW more as the series went on.

full of eels?
what origin have you been watching?