What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Who has the best team on paper in the finals?

Leagueguy

Juniors
Below I've listed the 4 teams who'd be canditates for having the best players on paper. I haven't listed the teams exactly because I wasn't sure about players being injured or who exactly might be selected. So there kind of small squads listed below. Tell me who I'm missing out of those teams, or who definately won't be playing in the finals and I'll change them. I've also put players with rep experience in bold.

DRAGONS:
Clint Greenshields, Wes Naiqama, Mark Gasnier, Matt Cooper, Brett Morris, Trent Barrett (capt), Ben Hornby, Luke Bailey, Aaron Gorrell, Jason Ryles, Matt Bickerstaff, Ashton Sims, Ben Creagh. Interchange: Danny Wicks, Justin Poore, Sam Isemonger, Shaun Timmins, Michael Henderson + Head and Dean Young ..

STORM:
Billy Slater, Matt Geyer, Matt King, Greg Inglis, Steve Turner, Scott Hill, Cooper Cronk, Antonio Kaufusi, Cameron Smith, Brett White, David Kidwell, Ryan Hoffman, Dallas Johnson. Interchange: Adam Blair, Jeremy Smith, Garret Crossman, Nathan Friend, Michael Crocker, Jake Webster

BRONCOS:
Justin Hodges, Tame Tupou, Brent Tate, David Stagg, Karmichael Hunt, Darren Lockyer (capt), Shane Perry, Shane Webcke, Shaun Berrigan, Petero Civoniceva, Sam Thaiday, Brad Thorn, Tonie Carroll. Interchange: Corey Parker, Dane Carlaw, Ben Hannant, Casey McGuire, Eastwood

BULLDOGS:
Luke Patten, Hazem El Masri, Andrew Emelio, Sonny Bill Williams, Matt Utai, Daniel Holdsworth, Brent Sherwin, Mark O'Meley, Corey Hughes, Willie Mason, Nate Myles, Andrew Ryan (capt), Reni Maitua. Interchange: Dallas McIlwain, Adam Perry, Nick Kouparitsas, Jarrad Hickey, Chris Armitt.

Stewie Griffin

Juniors
if all the players in their respective teams were playing to their full potential, i'd say the dragons would have the upper hand... very closely followed by the broncos and the storm in no respective order...

Leagueguy

Juniors
Bronco's man by any chance?

I am, but I wasn't trying to hint that Brisbane has the best team on paper. It does look that way though with me highlighting the rep players in bold. I can't say Brisbane have the best team on paper however. I think they have the most stars, however our halfback is still unproven. I don't really know which team is the best on paper really.

Stranger

Coach
LOL, i agree

Broncos should look like this IMO, For key players or ones that are half deacent.

BRONCOS:
Justin Hodges, Tame Tupou, Brent Tate, David Stagg, Karmichael Hunt, Darren Lockyer (capt), Shane Perry, Shane Webcke, Shaun Berrigan, Petero Civoniceva, Sam Thaiday, Brad Thorn, Tonie Carroll. Interchange: Corey Parker, Dane Carlaw, Ben Hannant, Casey McGuire, Eastwood

Even then i dont like some of them :lol:

Leagueguy

Juniors
The Broncos reps are mainly QLD SOO reps.

The Bulldogs pack is international standard.

Yeah thats right. I also said players with rep experience. The Broncos rep contingent would be smaller if it was only current players.

Stewie Griffin

Juniors
Stranger said:
LOL, i agree

Broncos should look like this IMO, For key players or ones that are half deacent.

BRONCOS:

Even then i dont like some of them :lol:

rofl!! where's tame twotries tupou, shaun berrigan, brad thorn and corey parker??? they are a lot better than half decent!!! lolz!!!

OVP

Coach
I dont think it matters. I think the Broncos will win it rather easily.

Raiders Plight

Juniors
Leagueguy said:
Below I've listed the 4 teams who'd be canditates for having the best players on paper. I haven't listed the teams exactly because I wasn't sure about players being injured or who exactly might be selected. So there kind of small squads listed below. Tell me who I'm missing out of those teams, or who definately won't be playing in the finals and I'll change them. I've also put players with rep experience in bold.

DRAGONS:
Clint Greenshields, Wes Naiqama, Mark Gasnier, Matt Cooper, Brett Morris, Trent Barrett (capt), Ben Hornby, Luke Bailey, Aaron Gorrell, Jason Ryles, Matt Bickerstaff, Ashton Sims, Ben Creagh. Interchange: Danny Wicks, Justin Poore, Sam Isemonger, Shaun Timmins, Michael Henderson + Head and Dean Young ..

STORM:
Billy Slater, Matt Geyer, Matt King, Greg Inglis, Steve Turner, Scott Hill, Cooper Cronk, Antonio Kaufusi, Cameron Smith, Brett White, David Kidwell, Ryan Hoffman, Dallas Johnson. Interchange: Adam Blair, Jeremy Smith, Garret Crossman, Nathan Friend, Michael Crocker, Jake Webster

BRONCOS:

BULLDOGS:
Luke Patten, Hazem El Masri, Andrew Emelio, Sonny Bill Williams, Matt Utai, Daniel Holdsworth, Brent Sherwin, Mark O'Meley, Corey Hughes, Willie Mason, Nate Myles, Andrew Ryan (capt), Reni Maitua. Interchange: Dallas McIlwain, Adam Perry, Nick Kouparitsas, Jarrad Hickey, Chris Armitt.

For a team with that many star players you still only averaged 19 points a game this year. Worst attack of all the top 8 teams. However i still think the broncos are a good chance.

miccle

Bench
UndertakerMike said:
The Broncos reps are mainly QLD SOO reps.

The Bulldogs pack is international standard.

International Standard? Sure they have O'Meley and Mason, but we have Webcke and Civoniceva to counter that.

Aside from that, you can't tell me that a NZ team would consistently smash a Qld Origin side?? Both the bulldogs and broncs packs are outstanding, I don't think you could honestly pick one over the other.

Red_Devil

Juniors
Raiders Plight said:
For a team with that many star players you still only averaged 19 points a game this year. Worst attack of all the top 8 teams. However i still think the broncos are a good chance.
However still managed the 3rd best for and against in the comp, doesn't matter if you only score 19 points a game if you only let in 16

Godz Illa

Coach
OVP said:
I dont think it matters. I think the Broncos will win it rather easily.
Didn't you say this about Saints last year? A mock of Moffo-esque magnitude. Broncos beware.

JJ

Immortal
not much in it... I'm not 100% sure of injury status,

but with e.g., Gidley, Mullen, Carney, Johns, Abraham, Simpson, Buderus, Perry :)shock:), Smith etc Newcastle deserve a mention

as do
MacKinnon, Burt, Hayne, Smith (x2 or 3), Wagon, Morrison, Hindmarsh,Marsh, PIG, Cayless... (Tahu?)

I could mention Manly, but they are Manly so they can get f**ked

the only squad that doesn't impress me on paper is Canberra,

Latest posts