What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Who here can actually vote for the football club elections

eel4life

Juniors
Hey guys who can actually vote for the footy club?

and if you are a perpetual member of the leagues club can you vote on the footy club matters ?

Also who on this forum can actually vote for the football club elections ?

I can and have been since 2001.

And if you are a Perpetual member of the Leagues Club, you can't vote for the Football club Elections the only people that can vote on Football club matters are the voting members of the Football Club, those members are listed in the football club Annual report.

eel4life

Juniors
thanks mits ..

im def going to vote for in the leagues club matters ... 151 votes needed for the footy club members to vote in a new board ...

thanks mits ..

im def going to vote for in the leagues club matters ... 151 votes needed for the footy club members to vote in a new board ...

Well that is a bit of a misnomer. It depends on how many Members attend. The Top 7 candidates will be elected.

If you want to go back through the Join the Football club thread. Try to find my write up of the 2006 AGM. The most votes I think was for Ron Hilditch, and he got 94 or something.

Twizzle

Administrator
Staff member
I got my annual report in todays mail

I am listed as a voting member

you may all kiss my arse

I am going to make sure it counts, so I'll be a proxy

mickdo

Coach
I'm not sure if I can vote or not... right on the 3 years I think, so will have to check the Annual Report tonight. I'll be proxying if I do.

MITS, with the leagues club membership side of things, is it the same as the football club? (AGM every year?, three year membership to get a vote?)

MITS, with the leagues club membership side of things, is it the same as the football club? (AGM every year?, three year membership to get a vote?)

The Football club is moving into line with the leagues club for elections for directorships lasting 2 years. This is the first year of the 2 year directorships for the football club, the leagues club have had 2 year directorships for I think 6 years now.

The Leagues club holds is AGM, normally in April. I am not sure if you have to wait 3 years to be a voting member, also voting goes over a week at the 2 venues. With actual voting booths and the rest of it. Results are tabled at the AGM.

BTW, AGM is Annual General Meeting, so yes AGM's are held yearly :D

Oscarman

Juniors
I'm pretty sure I can vote this year, but as I live outside Hobart, will be looking for a proxy (who can also have my beer).

The Football club is moving into line with the leagues club for elections for directorships lasting 2 years. This is the first year of the 2 year directorships for the football club, the leagues club have had 2 year directorships for I think 6 years now.

The Leagues club holds is AGM, normally in April. I am not sure if you have to wait 3 years to be a voting member, also voting goes over a week at the 2 venues. With actual voting booths and the rest of it. Results are tabled at the AGM.

BTW, AGM is Annual General Meeting, so yes AGM's are held yearly :D

Thanks for that

Hellsy

Immortal
I can vote.

Just a question though... did we find out for sure if Proxy's were able to be done?

fish eel

Immortal
Any organisation fairdinkum about ensuring members have a say would allow proxies and include them in the AGM notice.

proxy's would have to possiable surely, not every member can make it to the AGM.
In every club i am a member of proxys are used.