What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Who is the best junior player you have seen ?

lingard

Coach
I was no gun, I can assure you of that. I was nine years old. My job as half-back was to get the ball from the scrum and pass it immediately to Robert, who would then proceed to run around the whole opposition team and score. A brilliant tactical manouvre which the Parramatta NRL team would do well to think about. Then, we`d need a half as good as a nine-year old me, and a five-eight as good as a nine year old Robert Foster. Oh well. Kearney will have to come up with something else.

boxhead

First Grade
Originally posted by lingard
I was no gun, I can assure you of that. I was nine years old. My job as half-back was to get the ball from the scrum and pass it immediately to Robert, who would then proceed to run around the whole opposition team and score. A brilliant tactical manouvre which the Parramatta NRL team would do well to think about. Then, we`d need a half as good as a nine-year old me, and a five-eight as good as a nine year old Robert Foster. Oh well. Kearney will have to come up with something else.

He used to be a train, they rode it JARRYD HAYNE
Now he is a plane, that's flying....

Oh wait, we are talking about five-eighths here?

*hint hint*

Mr Angry

Not a Referee
Greg Inglis......without question.

For Parra, played with Penna and Bell, both were good, Penna stood out more.

Niether made the impact expected.

But best Junior I played with was Shane O'Grady, think he played for the tigs.

But Inglis as a Junior was without question the best I have seen.

1 Eyed TEZZA

Coach
Inglis was magnificent. Teams feared playing against him at junior level. He was so developed for his age. His positional play at fullback was brilliant.

Joshuatheeel

Staff member
Terry Lamey - One of the biggest wastes of talent the Ilawarra has seen. Was in the same junior sides as Craig Fitzgibbon and was ten times the player. Goes to show talent only goes so far.

I remember watching Gavin Catanach in the lower grades thinking he was very skillful for a prop and should kick on, but never did.

Ron Jeremy

Coach
My younger brother played against Eric when he was playing for Eagle Vale in a trial against Chester Hill Hornets (My little brother's team). I can honestly say that my brother was quicker at age 15 or so then Eric Grothe Jr.

who was your younger brother? funny, i think i was in that side:lol:

I played under 15/s and 16's for them ;-)

Munky

Coach
Jarrod Sammut absolutely carved up in Jersey Flegg for Penrith.

Unfortunately he didn't grow and weighs 65kg wringing wet.

A shame because every time he touched the ball in an attacking position something would happen.

1 Eyed TEZZA

Coach

A shame because every time he touched the ball in an attacking position something would happen.

He still has that talent too, he just seems to struggle with the limelight.

Avenger

Immortal
who was your younger brother? funny, i think i was in that side:lol:

I played under 15/s and 16's for them ;-)

For who ? Chester Hill ? My brother's name is Alex, played centre/wing and later lock. Their coach was Steve Pennington. They ended up winning the comp against St Johns in about 1995 from memory. Cheso had a kid called Danny who kicked 7 from 7 that day. He could kick the ball from halfway. Massive boot. However their best player was their 5/8th called Abdul. He was a gun. I also think that the only guy that was graded for flegg was their prop, from memory I think his name was Max.

Last edited:

Ron Jeremy

Coach
For who ? Chester Hill ? My brother's name is Alex, played centre/wing and later lock. Their coach was Steve Pennington. They ended up winning the comp against St Johns in about 1995 from memory. Cheso had a kid called Danny who kicked 7 from 7 that day. He could kick the ball from halfway. Massive boot. However their best player was their 5/8th called Abdul. He was a gun. I also think that the only guy that was graded for flegg was their prop, from memory I think his name was Max.

0h my f**king god!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

alex, i f**king remember him and his brother, la raiders fans................

I was your lock ;)

Benson, yeah, lets just say he'd different now

god i miss penno

Ron Jeremy

Coach

remember max our prop lol

i have that game on tape, i had a sh*t game though

mrpwnd

Bench

I remember the absolute shocker he had back in rd 25 in 09 against us.

1 Eyed TEZZA

Coach
I remember the absolute shocker he had back in rd 25 in 09 against us.

Yep and Luke Burt stripped the ball off him when he was in goal and Burty scored a try. It was pretty pathetic from Sammut that night.

I dont think he was nurtured properly in the top grade.

Avenger

Immortal
remember max our prop lol

i have that game on tape, i had a sh*t game though

So do I. :D. Alex had a legitimate try disallowed in the GF. Small world RJ. Did Abdul ever make it ? The hooker was also a good player as was the halfback.

eels81236

Bench

I was your lock ;)

god i miss penno

Of course you remember Alex. It's kinda hard to forget the guy who took your spot. ;-)

Avenger

Immortal
One thing about junior footy is that it is all political. Like everything it is who you know. After Chester Hill my brother bulked up and played for Merrylands and later when we moved to the Sutherland Shire he played for Como-Jannali. Anyway one night there was a curtain raiser at Caltex which I think it was called Jack Gibson Shield or similar where the best A grade players players played against Souths Junior equivalent.

My brother was playing B grade and played against Chris Anderson's son, Ben in the centres. He smashed him that night and was easily the best player on the field. Yet Ando's son made it and eventually got graded. My brother quit footy soon after and completed his trade and the rest is history. The nepotism in junior footy left a bad taste in my mouth.

Avenger

Immortal

I was your lock ;)

god i miss penno

????? :?:?

Latest posts