What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Who is the biggest cat in the NRL?

Cats eh?

No-one mentioned in this thread is a cat IMO. Pretty much all of the current players mentioned have played SOO footy. I don't care what anyone says, you can't be a "cat" and compete at that level.

As Gunnamatta said early on, you cant play in the NRL (which we all generally believe is one of the toughest sporting comps in the world) and be a cat.

And anyone of em would school these keyboard heroes posting such sh1te.

Vicious

Bench
The term "cat" is supposed to mean someone that goes missing when the going gets tough or someone that doesn`t step up in close contests or the big games.
Now i`ve always believed that Jason Ryles is over rated purely for the fact that he has the build that should be the proto type for the perfect prop, yet he still rarely delivers, particularly in the big games. Braith has quite often been a disappointment over the year, but I believe he is slowly turning the corner as much as I don`t like his attitude or the Roosters. Jamie Lyon is another that gets picked on quite often and like Braith, he too failed to offer much in the big games last season, but being his first season back from the UK, i`d be prepared to given him the benefit of the doubt and see how he goes this season. I`m no Sharks fan, but Paul Gallen is one player who always steps up to the mark in the big games. He and Greg Bird are two footballers i`d love to play alongside of and are anything but cats.
As a Tigers fan, this weekend is a huge test for a player i`ve always admired in Liam Fulton. In my opinion, Fulton has a ton of ability that he hasn`t quite regularly delivered as yet. This weekend against the Cowboys knowing that Luke O`Donnell and the Cowboys side in general want his blood will be a huge test of character for him and i`m hoping he comes through with flying colours ?

1 Eyed TEZZA

Coach
Tonearm Terrorwrist said:
so does that mean brad fittler didn't do sh*t for NSW because johns played for NSW ??

allan langer must of been sh*t because he had wally lewis in the team.

dribble dribble dribble

Dont disreguard facts, Anasta has only won 1 Origin Match without Andrew Johns next to him, where as Brad Fittler won many without. Brad Fittler proved himself to be a great player, Braith Anasta hasnt.

Im not going to argue with you, your to bias. But I would have loved to of done this in 2004 before Braith wore a red, white and blue.

_Johnsy

Referee
Vicious said:
Now i`ve always believed that Jason Ryles is over rated purely for the fact that he has the build that should be the proto type for the perfect prop, yet he still rarely delivers, particularly in the big games.

Say compared to Watmough, Ross, Kosef, or any other SOO forwards ?

A mate of mine, who has playeed SOO, prop for qld rates ryles as one of the better modern proprs. But then again you'd know better.

Moffo

Referee
this thread wouldnt be complete without a mention of bill slater. cockface cat

JB

Juniors
bubblesunlimited said:
I am probably gonna be tied to a post and stoned to death with very small pebbles for saying this, BUT.

I do not understand why there is so much hatred for Anasta.

He barely says boo in the media and is a quality player that any team would want. Before you blow have a look at your current number 6 and I am tipping unless it is Locky, Anasta would have them covered.

Honestly, i don't get it, maybe it is just jealousy or something.

I am Tigers fan, so no Rooster bias here.

Gotta say i dont understand it either. Not my favourite player but undeniably a talented player who i'd love to see at the Warriors.

Going by somebody's definition earlier on of a cat being "somebody who goes missing when the going get's tough". You just need to see how he carried on in tonights game after that sickening hit when he was in obvious pain in almost every tackle to tell he aint no cat.

Braith Anasta is a tough hombre!

JB said:
Gotta say i dont understand it either. Not my favourite player but undeniably a talented player who i'd love to see at the Warriors.

Going by somebody's definition earlier on of a cat being "somebody who goes missing when the going get's tough". You just need to see how he carried on in tonights game after that sickening hit when he was in obvious pain in almost every tackle to tell he aint no cat.

Braith Anasta is a tough hombre!

I was proud of him tonight.

phonetic

Juniors
Any Saints or Dogs fans remember the game down at WIN a couple of years ago where Billy Harrigan nailed us for 2 or 3 voluntary tackle calls as we were bringing the ball out from our own line??

Ahh.. classic Billy H. I don't think I've seen the offence penalised since.. and yes, El Masri is a key exponent, but I like him otherwise.

1 Eyed TEZZA

Coach
Elmasri one of the best of all time? Please. The guy is probably the only guy in the comp that dosent get his jersey dirty in a match. I must say, I have seen improvement in him over the last 2 weeks.

COACH STERLING

Juniors
1 Eyed TEZZA said:
Elmasri one of the best of all time? Please. The guy is probably the only guy in the comp that dosent get his jersey dirty in a match. I must say, I have seen improvement in him over the last 2 weeks.

Elmasri is in the top 5 for sure.
He's never been injured in his life and flops every time someone try's to tackle him.

Latest posts