Who is the most over-rated player in the NRL?

Discussion in 'NRL' started by RaVS, Oct 26, 2014.

1. LESStar58

LESStar58 Referee

Sean Johnson

2. DiegoNT

DiegoNT First Grade

It seems about a 50/50 split for goodwin when it comes to souths fans, 50% like that he has a go most weeks, the other 50% don't think that's enough to overcome the huge deficiencies in his attacking and defending. When we lost walker I was pissed off not so much because we lost a good young talent (idgaf what other souths supporters say now that his gone, but we will miss him in attack), but more so because it increased the chances of Goodwin being a regular starter in 2016. It's also the reason missing out on james roberts hurts so much. But even with those 2 slipping from the our grasps I'm not going to become one of the bunnies fans that drinks the koolaid and says 'we still have goodwin, he'll get the job done' because i still have nightmares of the 2013 preliminary final

3. Desert Qlder

Desert Qlder First Grade

Definitely Klemmer.

Another in the long line of 'hungry young NSW forwards' who was going to destroy the 'ageing Queensland pack'.

Next minute Jacob Lillyman is squashing him.

4. Ibleedblue

Ibleedblue Juniors

Klemmer is already one of the most feared forwards in the game and would get a go in any team, the Maroons included. He is going to be a monster player, he has already starred at rep level for Australia and NSW.

5. POPEYE

POPEYE Coach

Wank wank . . . say no more

6. JJ

JJ Referee

In the NRL I tend to agree, lots of wraps, but for me he's not stood up in too many big games - that said, he's still young and a big talent

7. Vic Mackey

Vic Mackey Coach

I am very critical of Moses and brooks champ, particularly brooks

8. mongoose

mongoose First Grade

To be honest, I loved him at the Raiders when he first started and he probably won some games for us on his own but I just don't think he's developed his game much since then. He's definitely a good player though and doesn't look out of place in Origin but I don't think he has that x factor some people seem to think he has.

9. drago brelli

drago brelli Bench

Any player who runs out in the NRL is not over rated. Some people have too much time on their hands.

10. DiegoNT

DiegoNT First Grade

Have to disagree with you there.
    There are plenty off overrated and underrated players in the nrl. I think a lot of confusion comes when people confuse a player being overrated with a player being shit. Overrated means that a player doesn't measure up to all the praise and hype the press give him. If you would of said their are no shit players in the nrl i would of agreed. We all give players a hard time on here, but to play just 1 nrl game takes more athletic ability, fitness, hard work, mental and physical toughness then the average person has.
    Someone mentioned billy slater as overrated and a few people scoffed at the suggestion, but i have to agree. At the same time i still consider slater one of the best fullbacks going around and any discussion about the greatest fullback of all time needs his consideration. But he is talked up as playing at a level unattainable by other fullbacks when in the last few years the likes off inglis hayne and rts have been playing better then him, and before that him and brett Stewart were neck and neck with each other. Or consider jamal idris. When he first signed with the titans it was hailed as a significant signing, he'd bring people through the gates and kids love him and he'll attract a generation of young fans to the Titans. His drawing ability was overrated.
    It even works in reverse when you talk about underrated players to. When talking about underrated players someone like aidan tolman springs to mind but for me someone like cooper cronk is underrated despite all the press he gets. He has easily been the best halfback of the last 10 years but all the focus has been on Thurston. Its no coincidence that slaters and smith's breakthrough year in 2006 coincided with cronks move to halfback. There is always talk about him being replaced in origin by dce or hunt yet Queensland drop down a level when he is not in the team. When people talk about Melbournes big 3 they always rank slater or smith first when it should be cronk. When smith has been missing hynchcliff can still get the job done and slaters absence wasn't noticed that much this year with munster in the team, yet any time storm don't have cronk they look like a completely different team.
    So in summary, great players can be overrated and underrated and being overrated doesn't mean that a player is shit

11. Phil McGrawhan

Phil McGrawhan Coach

Have to agree with Aussie Jim being overrated .
    Well up until SOO finished .
    He went back to the cows & his form was very good for the rest of the season ...especially the finals .

Trouble is he will probably go back to putting in a half hearted effort for most of next season .
    I see a difference between overating a young up & comer & someone who has had yrs in top grade .

The up & comer is usually rated on their UN 20 form or flashes of brilliance in top grade .
    That's fair enough ..it's looking at what they can potentially do .

Blokes like Tamou shit people off because they have the ability they've shown how good they can be ..they just don't bother giving 100% every week .
    Jesus he went a few seasons doing very little .
    To me He's not overrated ..he's just lazy

12. betcats

betcats Coach

WTF is this shit? So Anthony Mundine doesn't overrate himself? What a stupid thing to say, just because they have made the NRL doesn't mean fans, coaches, commentators or even players don't overrate them.

13. Blues Riff

Blues Riff Juniors

f**kin' idiotic thread, bumped after a year by the biggest loser on the forum.

14. Usain Bolt

Usain Bolt Bench

Question should be "How many players will Joey John label superstars and future origin players?". Last year it was probably around 40

15. Rhyno

Rhyno First Grade

:kiss: my baby's home

16. Mogsheen Jadwat

Mogsheen Jadwat Juniors

Matt Moylan by a considerable margin? Decent player, sure. The next Lockyer? lol

17. Foreign Legion

Foreign Legion First Grade

Robbie farrah! Big cry baby

18. The Elephant In The room

The Elephant In The room Bench

Sam Burgess should win this in a landslide.

19. Rhyno

Rhyno First Grade

Agree he is the most over rated

20. coast_dragons

coast_dragons Coach

Hindmarsh what an over rated turd and how they make fun of him never winning a GF.