What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Who Is Your Daddy And What Does He Do?

txta2

First Grade
Such a scenario points to a mid-tier player such as Chad Townsend,

Mid tier...read and weep, mid tier...lol

But seriously looks like a regular first grader has to go. Wouldn't be surprised if Chad gets offers.Probably Prior will go they can slot a young kid in straight away

Given the Sharks must replace any player moved on with another squad member on at least the $72,500 minimum wage, the club must technically shift at least $425,000 if they release one player.

To move on two of their lesser earners before round one would inflate that figure again beyond $500,000 given another replacement player would need to be added to Cronulla's books.

Such a scenario points to a mid-tier player such as Chad Townsend, off-season recruit Josh Morris, Matt Prior or Jayden Brailey being in the firing line if the Sharks are to come under their revised cap by shifting only one squad member.

Rival teams are likely to influence who Cronulla move given the limited two-week timeframe. Russell declined to comment when contacted by NRL.com.

While the Sharks are reluctant to release title-winning half Townsend, who is contracted for both 2019 and 2020, both the Warriors and Eels have cap space to accommodate him and are in need of a top-level playmaker.

The Dragons are another outfit that may enter the fray if their own application for salary cap relief from Jack de Belin's suspension is approved, with prop Ava Seumanafagai one off-contract Shark that has been mentioned in-house as a potential replacement option.

The injured front-rower is also weighing up an approach from an English Super League outfit.

However offloading a lower-tier player like Seumanafagai could mean a second player would also be forced out of the club to meet their reduced salary cap, in turn inflating that cost with another player then needing to be added to their final 30-man squad.

Add to that the Raiders are wanting a playmaker, they are chasing another englishman but still 1-2 years left on contract, Sticky cant wait that long, with Ennis helping out there, CT could be going to the Raiders, from there Trindall gets put into main squad

Stalefish

Juniors
i agree if everyone in the squad deducted their percentage of the cap i.e (hypothetically) lumelume 6k fifita 16k moylan 14k that would cover it. if the are "AS ONE" and playing for the team why not?

i dont know if that would mean each contract would have to been re-registered?

if Ava does go too you can scrap atleast 200k of that total? i dont think we wana lose anyone other than Ava. club hasnt said if they still have some room under the cap as it is. im sure we'd be above board after all this shyt going down. even just by 100k wuld make a big difference.

make up the rest (again not exact proporsions) i.e lumelume 1k fifita 5k moylan 3k...

or just have gal sell some of his shares amd cover it

im just stoked we can now just move on with a fresh clean slate. russell will keep it that way from now. we're out of the negativity and only upwards we have a great squad, new beginnings we just a blip compared to what else is going on off the field at the mo. sponsors will come, memberships are high johnsons in town and every player gets 4 weeks to prove his spot.

up the sharks we're in for a boom season after all this shyt

Quigs

Immortal
If anyone really thinks that the NRL is now going to run a 100% fully cleansed, flushed out, clean slated NRL with a bee-ute-ifull 100% level playing field, then, they are dreaming.

Nothing will ever change.

It will just be the low hangers that get caught and the likes of the Politis'sEast, the Donks, and Co will still be riding high with their tax exempt type of operations.

We had our window of opportunity in 2016 and we took it. Thank f**k

taipan

Referee
If anyone really thinks that the NRL is now going to run a 100% fully cleansed, flushed out, clean slated NRL with a bee-ute-ifull 100% level playing field, then, they are dreaming.

Nothing will ever change.

It will just be the low hangers that get caught and the likes of the Politis'sEast, the Donks, and Co will still be riding high with their tax exempt type of operations.

We had our window of opportunity in 2016 and we took it. Thank f**k

As long as we're 100% I'll breathe easy ,the others if they have a conscience will do likewise.Else they may end up with points deducted.We may now have a better chance of securing a sponsor.
Eternal optimist is I.

Ava is the obvious choice. If we just fall short and need another player I'd be more than happy to let Gray make up the numbers. Gray is like one of those old hats you get in a showbag that is stuffed in your cupboard. Nothing more than a dust collector.
You'd think a team full of reserve graders masquerading as a first grade outfit like the bulldogs would be happy to take on someone like Gray. He'd probably be their best back straight away

Frenzy.

Immortal
Add to that the Raiders are wanting a playmaker, they are chasing another englishman but still 1-2 years left on contract, Sticky cant wait that long, with Ennis helping out there, CT could be going to the Raiders, from there Trindall gets put into main squad

They are chasing KF.

The Stuart/Flanagan connection