What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Who needs Ben Smith or Jamie Lyon when...

strider

Post Whore
what'd he do? score a bucket load of points beating up on some no hoper nation in the games?

btaag

Juniors
His father was a League player and it is worrying he is wasted at union. :roll:

PIG

Juniors
Giteau can play but the real gun is Dan Carter. He would be in the top 3 players in League if he switched. He has it all. Step, Pace, Strength, League mentality, kicks goals from everywhere...best rugby player I've seen in a long, long time.

damo72

Juniors
PIG said:
Giteau can play but the real gun is Dan Carter. He would be in the top 3 players in League if he switched. He has it all. Step, Pace, Strength, League mentality, kicks goals from everywhere...best rugby player I've seen in a long, long time.

Its quite funny you say that, as I was thinking the exact same thing this evening when I was watching the Crusaders. He would look good in the Blue and Gold number 6.

Ron Jeremy

Coach
I reckon Brian Smith could still be a gun, remember his combo Jacin Sinclair in 92? beautiful, i have it all on big league review 1992 lol

Eelementary

Post Whore
OK, so the Aussies haven't played too many top sides in the Games thus far...

Still, if you watched the Querter-finak they played against South Africa, Giteau got right under the biggest player on the field, lifted him up and drove him back on a wonderful tackle...

I know he doesn't play for us...But if he did...Wow...

JessEel

Accredited Media Releases
GIteau is very good indeed! His dad played league and his brother plays for Queanbeyan Blues. I would have him in a B&G jersey ANYDAY

BUT......................................

:nwave: i need Ben Smith!!

Twizzle

Administrator
Staff member
he'd be a brilliant 5/8 in our game,

shame he got injured in the 7s

Parra Guru

Coach
I like Benny Smith. Please don't put him and Lyon in the same sentence.

I don't get what's with the whole 'we don't need Ben' attitude lately. He's done nothing wrong and he had a great season last year.

Plus I don't think Giteau would be as effective in defence, and would be much more needed in replacing John Morris.

Eelementary

Post Whore
It was a light-hearted topic.

If we could, we SHOULD sign Giteau and keep Benny...How awesome would:

3. Ben Smith
4. Timana Tahu
6. Matt Giteau
7. Tim Smith

be?

Eelementary

Post Whore
Parra Guru said:
I like Benny Smith. Please don't put him and Lyon in the same sentence.

I don't get what's with the whole 'we don't need Ben' attitude lately. He's done nothing wrong and he had a great season last year.

Plus I don't think Giteau would be as effective in defence, and would be much more needed in replacing John Morris.

I didn't mean to offend. It was a light-hearted topic. Or meant to be. I'm sorry if I uspet you, because I didn't mean to.

As for Giteau, he's a small bloke, but is very much like Lincoln Withers in defence - tough as nails and loves to put on a big hit.

Parra Guru

Coach
Eelementary said:
3. Ben Smith
4. Timana Tahu
6. Matt Giteau
7. Tim Smith

Now you're talking :lol:

Although with Rugby flashing their cheque books around left right and centre, I don't like our chances! ;-)

Parra Guru

Coach
Eelementary said:
I didn't mean to offend. It was a light-hearted topic. Or meant to be. I'm sorry if I uspet you, because I didn't mean to.

Sorry, it wasn't a shot at this post in general, it just seems like everyone was all 'how good's Ben Smith' but as soon as the word came out 'claiming' he doesn't want to stay, a lot of people have changed their tune (not you personally)...

I really hope he stays and Lyon never returns!

Eelementary

Post Whore
I know what you mean.

I like Benny - OK, he may not have the pure talent that Lyon has. But he does have talent himself - strength, speed, reliable defence and he has a great combination going with Guru.

I hope he stays, too. And apparently, Inu and Hayne COULD be better than Lyon ever was...So fingers crossed! lol

It was a mere dream, anyway. I doubt League will get Giteau. I would love to see him in League - primarily at the Eels, but if not here then anywhere. The guy is a great little player and would certainly bring the crowds in - more so because he is a high-profile Wallaby who crossed over to the 'dark side' of League lol.