What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Who owns the signs?

W.B.2.S.O.S

Juniors
Last week against the storm was possibly the most banners i have seen since.... ever. I have seen more in photographs from the 90s/early 00's but i havent really experienced so many banners in the one place. Great to see, and it looks like more are on the way

Steel Dragon

Bench
Do you blokes with several banners bring a selection, or you make a choice before you trek to the ground and only bring the one?

W.B.2.S.O.S

Juniors
Depends how many you have. It isnt hard to hold one banner and keep the other at your feet, however if a player is out due to origin or injury, i tend not to bring the banner. It doesnt feel right. But if you can, the more the better.

Cupid Stunt

I own "He is the better Morris!"

5930_123331908622_705498622_3149818_7442056_n.jpg

Saw that, best I've seen in a LOOOONG time. Good job.

Yuly

Juniors
The 'gogogo' person (?) sits in front of the Southern Stand at the Gong and gets nerveracking after about 10 minutes of the Under 20s plus he was at Kogarah last week - I'd tell him where to go but he's a definite die hard Saints supporter (we're all a screw loose).
The GST man travels everywhere. Spoke to him in Townsville, The Gong, Kogarah etc. He carries the banner in his bag and buys dowel when he arrives - dedicated.

The 'gogogo' person (?) sits in front of the Southern Stand at the Gong and gets nerveracking after about 10 minutes of the Under 20s plus he was at Kogarah last week - I'd tell him where to go but he's a definite die hard Saints supporter (we're all a screw loose).
The GST man travels everywhere. Spoke to him in Townsville, The Gong, Kogarah etc. He carries the banner in his bag and buys dowel when he arrives - dedicated.

OHMYGOD!!!

funny you should mention that. I sit in the Southern stands, but in the next level up from where that bloke is...he alwaysssss screams out that and i've seen him with this odler bloke in the army at away games as well

boxa777

Coach
One supporter that bugs me is the GO GO GO GO GO GO GO GO GO man. Anyone know who I'm talking about? Whenever we've got the ball - whether it's under 20's or first grade - he just yells out GO GO GO GO GO GO GO GO GO GO GO GO GO GO GO GO GO GO in the same loud monotone. I am tempted to GO and rip his GOnads off and shove them down his GOb

Mate he use to bug me for a long while.. He even came to Bruce in Canberra one year and sat pretty close. That sh*t was relentless.

But..

Get a closer look and you might go easy. He's not the full deck (debatable which Saints supporters are) but he is struggling. Enjoys his footy though, saw him at the Southern End last week against the Storm as we were walking in. Greyish haired causasion as described before. He was on fire last week. Means well. He has strepsils on speed dial.

And Ray, got to agree with the rest. The HOME SWEET HOME banner is probably the best banner in the last decade for looks and message. Sweet work.

My kids still talk about the guy at Win that was calling out "tackle with your heart" and "tackle with spirit"

Must have been in 2007. We chuckled all he way home. Great passion, and but voice gave out after about 50 minutes.

I was at the 79 GF with a red and white flag, and my mate had a happy dragon money box on the end of a broom handle. f**k me but we laugh about it today!

Southernsaint

Staff member
Rylesy had a sign saying "Firman Go 40 For Me", a few weeks later he signed with Easts so it changed to "Firman Go f**k Yourself".

Nitro

Juniors
Funniest bit was the smirk BMoz gave us when he ran out to warm up and saw it (as well as the chant going up with the 15 of us or whatever there was).

HAHAHA! Too true, cheekiest grin I have seen, look liked he loved the combination of the banner and the screaming of "Heeeeeee issssssssssss theeeeeeeeeee betterrrrrrrrr Morrissssssssssss!"

Lol, great times! Had to be one of my favourite games I have been to in a longggg time!

SN0WMAN

Juniors
Go Go Go guy made first appearance to my knowledge at a Bruce game approx 2000/01 - all game it was just "go go go go go go" for nearly 80 mins straight, even though he supported the Red Vee, it was damn annoying.

Big islander guy is Boss, "I see Ainscough, I see Ainscough", that wouldve been funny back then he was a huge Ainscough fan and lived close to him as well at the time and would see him around the streets through the week.

Can remem when Mark first brought out GST - up at Marathon, after his Ainscough and Treacy banners had to hit retirement, he came up with a non-player one. Kind of a play when at the time Howard our No 1 supporter had introduced the GST, but in itself is a work of art today! :)

I really miss the "Peanuts, anyone want Peanuts, very tasty, very fresh" guy.

BTW Wheres the Bobby Turner INTENSITY sign gone to?