What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Who should be our halfback ?

Who should be our long term number 7

• Brett Finch

Votes: 19 34.5%
  • Trent Barrett

Votes: 4 7.3%
  • Matthew Head

Votes: 2 3.6%
  • Trent Hodkinson

Votes: 16 29.1%
  • Daniel Mortimer

Votes: 10 18.2%
  • Michael Monaghan

• Other (please state)

• Total voters

Avenger

Immortal
I wanted to see who voted for who. Could the moderators please allow for this option ? I must have forgotten to tick a box.

Eelementary

Post Whore
We will not sign Barrett or Head. Unrealistic option.

It's either going to be Finchy or someone like Mortimer or Hodkinson.

COACH STERLING

Juniors
Trent Barret.

Offload Finch, Wags, Lowrie, Riddell & Gualavo (since we're not going to use him) and sign Baz. 350-400K. That way, we can initiate a young kid like Hodgkinson in the team without any of the pressures.

COACH STERLING

Juniors
We will not sign Barrett or Head. Unrealistic option.

It's either going to be Finchy or someone like Mortimer or Hodkinson.

We all like to have a wishlist. Personally, I would be more adventurous. After all, it's your halves which ultimately win you big games. I'm not sold on Finch winning us a premiership.

Eelementary

Post Whore
I know. But it's not good to get your hopes up because in all reality, I very much doubt Head/Barrett/whoever else are being looked at as serious options.

oldmancraigy

Coach
Finch has been to grand finals and played well. He's won an Origin game - I think it's worth giving him a shot - but he definitely needs to be given a running 5/8 to play alongside him asap!

I'd be happy with a 6,7,13 of Keating, Finch, Mateo. I think there'd be points in that arrangement every game, and Finch could concentrate on steering the team around the park and getting the ball to the right people at the right time.

Bazal

Post Whore
I'd wait and see what ultimately happens with Tim Smith before making a final decision on who I'd like to see...but I voted for Hodkinson. I think he's a great little player, a real match controlling halfback

caylo

Bench
I'd wait and see what ultimately happens with Tim Smith before making a final decision on who I'd like to see...but I voted for Hodkinson. I think he's a great little player, a real match controlling halfback

I would not be ready to pay 300K for finchy, and for that reason I would hope we dont resign him. That and i don't think we will win a comp because of him.

We can look to buy a new outside back or prop/backrower with that money or even a established half like Barrett or Head.

I would love if Prince or Thurston would broke their contract to come down here for 500K, i would be happy with that to. I just don't see much difference between Finch and Hodgkinson/Moritimore. I think we would get more structure and flair from the latter 2.

Hodgkinson has a great kicking and running game, and showed his hand last year. Keating is a talent and no-one can doubt that, and Moritimore has shown a great head on his shoulders. These 3 are up there with the best jnr halves in the comp and we should start trusting our jnr halves with team. They are have more potential than Pearce or Mullen IMO and they are talked about in origin. Are they probably not as skilled as timmy in the kicking and passing game. They all have better running games and lets hope alot less baggage.

Twizzle

Administrator
Staff member
too early to say

Tim Smith looked good as a junior but never reached his full potential imo, I wouldn't be judging any of those juniors just yet

1 Eyed TEZZA

Coach
I voted for Trent because I like to use players we develop. I would sign a first class player, but watching a player come through the grades and eventually lead us around the park is really good to see. Iv only seen Trent play once and if he is anything like he is hyped up to be then bring him on. I do however like the look of Daniel Mortimer.

GotheTITANS

Juniors
and exactly how do we come up with the money for monghan. plus i think he is on 4 year deal over in the UK.

I went with Mortimer.

But Monoghan would win a premiership for the eels for sure.

Latest posts