What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Who should we sign for 2009?

Stagger eel

Staff member
I agree with Costigan, Lars and Heighnington, however no way at Best, he's just another Reddy.
Our problem is we need another versatile back, and some grunt in the forwards, a second rower and prop should be were we look at.

do you think a versatile back is important when Wags, Robo and Weller are off contract???...get me a backrower and a back who can also slot in at back row.

The Colonel

Immortal
We need a back,our current problems show our depth in this area is struggling, nightingale would've been ideal.

Inu, Tautai, Reddy, Ben Smith, Hayne, Grothe, Burt..... all under contract as are the likes of Tony Williams and a few of the other NYC players. Williams will play centre in the NRL before he plays back row. I don't think we are that short in the backs outside of injury at the present moment.

Our forwards lack punch, and unless we are careful we could end up with a starting backrow of Hindmarsh, Mark Riddell and Ben Smith. And that scares me.

Goey Man

Juniors
Tim Sheens once said you need six good props at a club. Two on the park, two on the bench, and two serving suspensions.

hineyrulz

Post Whore
Three wishes for next season, but one would do

1. Hannatt
2. Head
3. Heinington.

This year has proved one thing, you always have to keep changing your roster. We look stale and disinterested.

HevyDevy

Coach
That's a stupid idea (punting Cayless).

Cayless was in great form last season. Just because he hasn't started the year at his best doesn't mean we should punt him.

If we did that with everyone we wouldn't be able to field a team.

I'm more concerned with the players that don't have the ability to play first grade.

Ron Jeremy

Coach
That's a stupid idea (punting Cayless).

Cayless was in great form last season. Just because he hasn't started the year at his best doesn't mean we should punt him.

If we did that with everyone we wouldn't be able to field a team.

I'm more concerned with the players that don't have the ability to play first grade.

I dont reckon we should release him just yet, but the money he's on we could have both Hannant and Thaiday at our club.

Ron Jeremy

Coach
do you think a versatile back is important when Wags, Robo and Weller are off contract???...get me a backrower and a back who can also slot in at back row.

I do, i reckon our backs have been exposed this year, and Reddy is hardly an ideal nack up, B smith will eventually head into the fowards and Tautai still has alot of work to do.

Williams i believe would make a good centre, just think a experienced back who's versatile would be good.

I agree though our forward pack is up sh*t creek if we dont go out and buy soon.

Ron Jeremy

Coach
Inu, Tautai, Reddy, Ben Smith, Hayne, Grothe, Burt..... all under contract as are the likes of Tony Williams and a few of the other NYC players. Williams will play centre in the NRL before he plays back row. I don't think we are that short in the backs outside of injury at the present moment.

Our forwards lack punch, and unless we are careful we could end up with a starting backrow of Hindmarsh, Mark Riddell and Ben Smith. And that scares me.

I do agree, a bloke like Creagh would be ideal at our club, unfortunately it wont happen due to his new contract.

We need grunt, but something tells me we wont buy anyone significant:(

The Colonel

Immortal
Some other names to look at;

Jeremy Smith (Storm), Sam Faust, Steve Southern, Jacob Lillyman, Jarrod Saffy, Matt Prior (Dragons), Lopini and Mickey Paea, Shane Shackleton, Ben Te'o, Bryan Norrie, KLris Kahler.

Stagger eel

Staff member
I do, i reckon our backs have been exposed this year, and Reddy is hardly an ideal nack up, B smith will eventually head into the fowards and Tautai still has alot of work to do.

Williams i believe would make a good centre, just think a experienced back who's versatile would be good.

I agree though our forward pack is up sh*t creek if we dont go out and buy soon.

Williams will start out in centres much the same way that SBW did but then eventually be in the backrow, but our depth in the backrow concerns me greatly if all 3 backrowers leave.

Ron Jeremy

Coach
Some other names to look at;

Jeremy Smith (Storm), Sam Faust, Steve Southern, Jacob Lillyman, Jarrod Saffy, Matt Prior (Dragons), Lopini and Mickey Paea, Shane Shackleton, Ben Te'o, Bryan Norrie, KLris Kahler.

They're the ones we should target

Bazal

Post Whore
Jeez...is Bluey Southern off contract? I'd throw the kitchen sink at him, he's exactly what we need

butch82

Juniors
just wondering do u reckon a bloke like lincoln withers would help?
he is off contract and he is a tough player?
thought id just throw his name in there.

Stagger eel

Staff member
just wondering do u reckon a bloke like lincoln withers would help?
he is off contract and he is a tough player?
thought id just throw his name in there.

definitely not while Riddell and Matt Keating is still in the picture.

as it's been stated on a number of occasions our forward pack needs a serious injection of talent and grunt.

Latest posts