What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Who should we sign for 2009?

Ron Jeremy

Coach
Hahahahaha yeah, if he's past his his use bye date then so Hindy, Cayless etc.

He hasn't be used properly at all this year, and his lats few games ran it up as good as ever.

Ron Jeremy

Coach
Jeremy Smith, Hannant, Hoffman, Costigan, Lars are the only ones i'd go for, the rest imo still have question marks.

andrew057

First Grade
Are you guys serious with these talks of Matt Head? Please tell me youre joking, Finch is twice the player as glassman.

Sign Lopini Paea please.

Ron Jeremy

Coach
Head has too many injury concerns, we dont want that, plus people pissed and moaned at Tim not runing the ball, Head is worse!!

A solid player Head, however we dont need him atm, we need some muscle in the forwards and a strike, versatile back imo. We get Head then we possibly loose a Hodgo, Mortimer etc, it just isn't practical atm.

Parra

Referee
Thaiday should be at the top of our shopping list.

And a particular inside back from the Waratahs - would cost a bit, and we may have to teach him to tackle better.......but he would carve up a league field.

parra pete

Referee
Say 'Shooey to Fui' for 2009. As much as I love the guy, he is walking on egg shells afraid to get involved in the 'hitman' stuff that made him a feared opponent.
One high shot away from a loooooong suspension..and to carry a bloke like that who can only give 40 minutes..is he really worth persisting with!!!!.
It was the main reason why Jason Smith was allowed to go to English Super League. One more high tackle from him and he would have missed half a season such was his judiciary record at the time.

strider

Post Whore
I don't think Fui's had a judiciary issue for a while now (wasn't his last one Kite 1.5 seasons ago???) - I don't think he'd be carrying much (if any) loading at all anymore - tho he would still have the "bad guy" stamp on his head that makes idiots in the MRC want to chuck a decent grading at him

I agree - he's lost his fire .... but it's his living he's protecting and I'm sure he's had a million ppl in his ear telling him "he's more valuable on the field" - can't say I blame him for being careful

Bigfella

Coach
Say 'Shooey to Fui' for 2009. As much as I love the guy, he is walking on egg shells afraid to get involved in the 'hitman' stuff that made him a feared opponent.
One high shot away from a loooooong suspension..and to carry a bloke like that who can only give 40 minutes..is he really worth persisting with!!!!.
It was the main reason why Jason Smith was allowed to go to English Super League. One more high tackle from him and he would have missed half a season such was his judiciary record at the time.

Not sure about that PP.

He hasn't been suspended last two years. You couldn't say he has dropped off this year because is fearing a suspension; he was in more trouble 06 and 07 surely?

Plus I thought changes to the loading rules start of '07 helped him in that situation anyway.

I'm with Ronny anyway- he offers us the sheer power and physical presence to make metres even with the awful service from Riddell, and even with the one out structure we have been using.

Him Grothe Mateo and to a lesser extent Hayne are basically the only ones offering anything in attack because they have superior power and speed.

Lopini Paea a gun prop. Would be great. Thaiday too but Broncs will never let him go. The Thoroughbreds will be filling his Xmas stockings with apartment blocks and racehorses.

lucablight

First Grade
Geez.......it's we've only played 6 games this season and some people are already turning on Fui....
Talk about short memories.

Tizzun

Juniors
Williams will start out in centres much the same way that SBW did but then eventually be in the backrow, but our depth in the backrow concerns me greatly if all 3 backrowers leave.
You're right but down the track (2-3 years) backrow will be a strength for Parra. We have: Brod Wright, Martin Lewis, Baumann, Baitieri, Robinson, Nutira, Auremi, and Mitchell Johnson coming through. Just a matter of how long until these guys are ready...

Latest posts