What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Who should we sign for 2009?

parra pete

Referee
You're right but down the track (2-3 years) backrow will be a strength for Parra. We have: Brod Wright, Martin Lewis, Baumann, Baitieri, Nutira, Auremi, and Mitchell Johnson coming through. Just a matter of how long until these guys are ready...

MJ is sure to bowl a few over!!!!
I reckon Baumann is right NOW..

parra pete

Referee
You're right but down the track (2-3 years) backrow will be a strength for Parra. We have: Brod Wright, Martin Lewis, Baumann, Baitieri, Nutira, Auremi, and Mitchell Johnson coming through. Just a matter of how long until these guys are ready...

MJ is sure to bowl a few over!!!!
I reckon Baumann is right NOW..

Parraren

Bench
Fui still has value imo.

He was and always will be best as a role player - his role is to give us impact off the bench, something he's done well and can continue to do well. Problem is, lately he's been expected to play a starting role which doesn't suit his game and worse, we lose a weapon off the bench.

We need to buy a big mobile prop (or 2) to partner Cayless and go back to using Fui off the bench where he shines.

Ron Jeremy

Coach
I'm here just laughing at people even suggesting getting rid of our most dynamic forward in Fui haha, it has to be one of the worst ideas i've ever heard.

I'd be more inclined to piss off Cayless then Fui, atleast isn't on close to $400,000 a year.

Parraren

Bench
Fui breaks the line consistently- something our other props rarely look like coming close to doing.

I agree Ron, it's madness talk of letting him go.

Ron Jeremy

Coach
Next they'll say we should get rid of hayne and Inu, too even comtemplate the idea of getting rid of Fui is stupidity at its finest, he even at 50% of his potential is still offering us more in forward runs then EVERY OTHER FORWARD IN OUR SIDE, ffs people.

The Colonel

Immortal
I have stated it before and I will do it again - the ten man interchange rule has made it harder for Fui to be the impact he was in previous years. Much like David Solomona in 2002 the game has changed to his detriment. There is a possibility the 10 man rule will drop to eight sooner rather than later.

Fui is a crowd favourite and a dynamic ball runner but his effectiveness - even last year at varying times - wasn't as good as it could be.

I'd be more than happy to see Cayless leave ahead of Fui - but I don't think it is going to happen for a start and personally the club really has to get some players into the club now who can be our senior players when the likes of Cayless and Hindmarsh leave.

We have some talented juniors within the squad but fresh faces are needed immediately.

Ike E Bear

Juniors
Good call.

I think that was the exception that proved the rule more than anything else, though. It was pretty remarkable.

HevyDevy

Coach
I know most of you are in love with our juniors, but start throwing them all into first grade and we'll get smashed (by more than we already are).

The one exception right now is Tim Mannah. Looks ready to go.

We should have bought Petero...

hindmarsh4pm

Juniors
We need mongrel in our pack, as simple as that. Untill we get that we are going to be getting bashed up every week.

We need players like, crocker, shillington and hannant.

Avenger

Immortal
We need mongrel in our pack, as simple as that. Untill we get that we are going to be getting bashed up every week.

We need players like, crocker, shillington and hannant.

On second thoughts I wouldn't re-sign Finch, if we do it may stifle the development of Hodkinson and Mortimer who I am sure will one day be in first grade.

If we were able to get the players listed above I would go this option. A good pack will always make the job easier for the halves.

Just ask Cooper Cronk. ;-)

The Engineers Room

First Grade
I know most of you are in love with our juniors, but start throwing them all into first grade and we'll get smashed (by more than we already are).

The one exception right now is Tim Mannah. Looks ready to go.

We should have bought Petero...

I agreed with everything but this. Mannah would get smashed by other NRL props as he has no variation in his hit ups. That is OK against other 20 year olds but the big boys will destroy him.

The Colonel

Immortal

Latest posts