What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

WHO THE HELL ARE YOU LOT?

We're the people who started Rugby League in Australia.

We're Australia's oldest club.

We're the club they couldn't kill.

When you look up the expression "doing it tough" in an encyclopaedia, there's just a picture of the Jets logo.

We thrive on adversity and treat people based on how they treat others - not on their reputations or what we can get out of them.

We're the Newtown Bluebags.

Founded January 8th 1908 and still going strong.

ParraDude_Jay

First Grade
In other words, they're the Cronulla Shark's premier league team..

Used to be a first grade side though. Do Newtown have any hopes or plans of becoming a team in the NRL?

Yeah, but we're waiting for a sign from the league gods.

Legend has it that our "lost tribe" will return to the top grade when an inexplicable miracle happens.

Something like Denis Fitzgerald doing something for the good of the game instead of just himself or the Eels.

Looks like we might be waiting a while longer...

ParraDude_Jay

First Grade
OOH nasty.

You will be waiting for a long while then, in the meantime you can continue to enjoy watching Shark rejects run around :clap: :lol:.

Or are you just upset because Newtown got done by Parra premier league? :lol:

Nope. Not that distressed by the result.

We've lost before and we'll win again, too.

As far as "Sharks rejects" go, on that score, EVERY PL side is somebody's rejects (at least by your reckoning) - including the Parra PL.

The highlight of the weekend for me would have to be James Stosic (a 2004 Jet) having a good game on debut for the Sharks by all reports.

THAT's what we're mostly here for nowadays - to develop players and get them on to the next level. We've done OK on that lately, thanks very much for asking...

And on the D. Fitzgerald thing, "Hell freezes over" would likely be the headline on that day's paper.

By the way - are you in here giving US a serve 'cos your lot got done by the Sharks?
:lol: :lol: :lol:

Nope. Not that distressed by the result.

We've lost before and we'll win again, too.

As far as "Sharks rejects" go, on that score, EVERY PL side is somebody's rejects (at least by your reckoning) - including the Parra PL.

The highlight of the weekend for me would have to be James Stosic (a 2004 Jet) having a good game on debut for the Sharks by all reports.

THAT's what we're mostly here for nowadays - to develop players and get them on to the next level. We've done OK on that lately, thanks very much for asking...

And on the D. Fitzgerald thing, "Hell freezes over" would likely be the headline on that day's paper.

By the way - are you in here giving US a serve 'cos your lot got done by the Sharks?
:lol: :lol: :lol:

lyon is a saint said:
i have'nt got a clue who the newtown jets are...... come on then who are you?

come out me eld cockles

Do some research before making stupid comments that other people can see....

St Helens... A small town from Wigan?

ParraDude_Jay

First Grade
Only giving you a serve as a joke mate.

If I wanted to give someone a serve over us losing to the Sharks, it would be the Sharks forum. But you do have a few Shark rejects.. or are Nathan Merritt and Andrew Lomu development players? :lol: Sorry... I'll shut up now.

innsaneink

Referee
Newtown was once one of the toughest areas of Sydney, a working class, no frills, no nonsense suburb with tough similar people.....the team of the day reflected the area.

Now its a trendy, inner city place to be, populated by gays, uni students, greenie bleeding hearts and the odd migrant that wouldnt move. If you're looking for a fez or caftan, Newtowns your best bet.

2 True Blues

Coach
Jets won 40 to 32 in Jim Beam, Jets beat Last years winners Bulldogs by 22 points, winning the game convincingly, 42 to 20. Good to See Nathan MERRIT score three tries, and kick 5 goals. I d have him in my side any day.

Need COOKEY back though. Good to see Frank SAMIA score a try also on return to the Bluebags.

testeagles

Juniors
innsaneink said:
Newtown was once one of the toughest areas of Sydney, a working class, no frills, no nonsense suburb with tough similar people.....the team of the day reflected the area.

Now its a trendy, inner city place to be, populated by gays, uni students, greenie bleeding hearts and the odd migrant that wouldnt move. If you're looking for a fez or caftan, Newtowns your best bet.

would like to tell everyone where you are from innsaneink???

Jeffles

Bench
I'd like to know where you're from too.

I suppose I'm "the migrant that would'nt move". Well I live in Stanmore and my parents were the migrants. And why would we move? I live in the best suburb suburb in Sydney. The only suburb whose postcode is a power of 2.

innsaneink

Referee
testeagles said:
innsaneink said:

I grew up a few K's down the road in Ashfield.....now I live near Parra.

innsaneink

Referee
Though what that has to do with me sharing my opinion on what Newtown was, and now is....well thats anyones guess.

testeagles

Juniors
innsaneink said:
testeagles said:
innsaneink said:

just because you cant afford to live in the area no need to bag it out ;)

innsaneink

Referee
testeagles said:
innsaneink said:
testeagles said:
innsaneink said:

just because you cant afford to live in the area no need to bag it out ;)

Whos bagging it?

Just stating facts.