What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Who was better ?

Brutus

Referee
Menninga or Miles

Miles. Like Meninga, hard to handle, but Geno had better ball skills. I remember Geno's brilliant one-arm and basketball passes fondly.

Mal became a better, more consistent player from about 89 onwards.

Geno any day of the week even though Mal's record looks better.

gUt

Coach
I would lean the other way and go for Meninga. He had an aura about him as well as his devastating running game.

Matt Bowen or Preston Campbell?

Loudstrat

Coach
I would lean the other way and go for Meninga. He had an aura about him as well as his devastating running game.
An aura? :lol:

Miles was the more dangerous attacking player.

Bowen - more elusive runner, sometimes unstoppable.

Stagger eel

Staff member
Miles. Like Meninga, hard to handle, but Geno had better ball skills. I remember Geno's brilliant one-arm and basketball passes fondly.

Mal became a better, more consistent player from about 89 onwards.

Geno any day of the week even though Mal's record looks better.

I'd also go Geno, I would of loved to have been the winger playing outside him..

Matt Bowen or Preston Campbell?

Campbell edges Bowen on leadership qualities and the better ability to break through heavy traffic, he's also pound for pound much stronger than Bowen.

Brad Clyde V Steve Menzies

johns_reds

First Grade
I'd also go Geno, I would of loved to have been the winger playing outside him..

Campbell edges Bowen on leadership qualities and the better ability to break through heavy traffic, he's also pound for pound much stronger than Bowen.

Brad Clyde V Steve Menzies

tough one i'd go Brad Clyde though...

how about some utilities... shaun timmins vs shaun berrigan

campbo

Juniors
Timmins. Berrigan was a flash in the pan.

Manu Vatuvei v Leslie Vainikolo

Lol, I was just sitting here thinking Vatuvei v Vainikolo and then.. here it is!

IMO, Vatuvei has done more to win this battle and still has lots of years ahead of him. Tbh, if I could choose 1 player to come to Penrith free of charge salary cap wise, it would be him. Vainikolo was great though. Didn't he score like 35 tries one year for Bradford and still not the top tryscorer? I think Danny McGuire got 40 that year?

Anywho, Tuqiri vs Sailor

anjado

Juniors
hmm i'm actually going to go with Vainikolo despite him being at his best in the English Super League, I think he could be more damaging then the beast and he had less mistakes in his game.

Better commentry team

current channel 9

Ray Warren, Peter Sterling, Phil Gould, Andrew Voss

Or

late 80's channel 10

Graeme Hughes, Rex Mossop, Bill Anderson, Ian Maurice

Slackboy72

Coach
hmm i'm actually going to go with Vainikolo despite him being at his best in the English Super League, I think he could be more damaging then the beast and he had less mistakes in his game.

Better commentry team

current channel 9

Ray Warren, Peter Sterling, Phil Gould, Andrew Voss

Or

late 80's channel 10

Graeme Hughes, Rex Mossop, Bill Anderson, Ian Maurice

None of them.
Darrel Eastlake and Jack Gibson made rugby league exciting.

anjado

Juniors
Terry Hill or Matt Cooper.

i would say Simms over Gray in the other one i don't know much about either so maybe underqualified and Sailor ove Tuqiri due to longevity.

ANTiLAG

First Grade
I've had the opportunity to meet Lesley Vainakolo several times. Great guy. Lesley was a damaging ball runner but I really have to go with Vatuvei hands down. There was an Anzac test which highlights Vainekolo for me. NZ had a scrum 30 metres out and ran a set play in which the ball ended up with Lesley who ran twenty metres and dominanted the contact with the defence to score. NZ up on the board. Lesley's confidence sky high.

By the end of the game - Lesley had done nothing else well in attack, not called for the ball and had leaked two soft tries. Vatuvei - is a far more reliable defender than Lesley and calls for the ball. No contest.

anjado

Juniors
Glanville on Field for me it was just shocking when i first saw it.

Bigger hitter

Peter Johnstone or Ruben Wiki

Latest posts